A serious question.What can we do?

Remove this Banner Ad

You guys are clutching at straws. It's pretty clear that he was hit in the head and was already out of it on the way down. Buddy's best bet to get off is to try and prove that he didn't have the option to tackle. But he clearly did, so I'd say he's going to lose the appeal. You might say it's taking the hardness out of football, but those are the rules (at the moment). Smart thing would be to tackle them when they have the ball, bump them when they don't.

For the good of this game Franklin has to get off.

He delivered a bump that was hard but I believe fair.

I am sure that had Cousins been in Franklin position he would have done the same.

We can't expect players to stop and sum up situations.

This would result in players being bagged on BF.

Yet only a few words can expose and equate to a fool or troll.

Not Fact at all - no intent has been proven, nor has Cousin's state of conciousness.

Not Fact - totally unproven and camera angles inconclusive.

Completely incorrect.

You may have me there.

Are you serious? Take off your brown and gold glasses and look at the incident properly. Cousins was knocked out. To be knocked out you need contact to the head. Are you seriously suggesting that Buddy accidently collided with Cousins? Are you seriously suggesting there was no head contact?

Did Buddy intent to knock Cousins out? I'd think not...but to argue that there was no head contact is ridiculous. Have a look at the still from today's Hun and get back to me. Just because someone refuses to toe the party line on this issue does not make them a troll. Get your own original thought.

Are you serious? Take off your brown and gold glasses and look at the incident properly. Cousins was knocked out. To be knocked out you need contact to the head. Are you seriously suggesting that Buddy accidently collided with Cousins? Are you seriously suggesting there was no head contact?

Did Buddy intent to knock Cousins out? I'd think not...but to argue that there was no head contact is ridiculous. Have a look at the still from today's Hun and get back to me. Just because someone refuses to toe the party line on this issue does not make them a troll. Get your own original thought.

Is this the picture you are talking about?...http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/williams-roughead-eye-return/2009/08/24/1251001856704.html
It's close but far from conclusive...

Hmmm......where is it written in stone that you have to have contact with the head to cause lack of conciousness?

http://tkdtutor.com/07Defense/VitalAreas/VitalAreas03.htm

Upper and Middle Front of Torso
  • Side of Neck. Length of the sternocleidomastoid muscle covered by the platysma. May cause loss of consciousness due to trauma to carotid artery and the pneumogastric nerve. may also lead to shock and to loss of sensory and motor functions.
  • Supraclavicular Fossa. Front portion of the on either side, just above collar bone at the origin of lateral head of sternocleidomastoid muscle. May cause loss of consciousness due to trauma to artery located below collar bone and to sublingual nerve. May also cause shock and loss of motor functions.
  • Suprasternal Notch. Concavity on ventral surface of neck between sternum below and the hyoid bone above. May cause loss of consciousness due to blocking of windpipe.
  • Sternal Angle. Just below juncture of manubrium and sternum. May cause loss of consciousness due to trauma to heart, broncus and arteries supplying upper part of body, and trauma to pulmonary artery, leading to malfunction of respiratory system and shock.
  • Xiphoid Process. Lowest part of sternum. May cause loss of consciousness due to severe trauma to liver, stomach and heart, leading to shock and to disturbance of nervous system and loss of motor functions.
  • Solar Plexus. Concavity just below sternum. May cause loss of consciousness due to trauma to stomach and liver, leading to damage to adjacent regions above and below, which may effect the nerves that control function of other internal organs.
  • Tanjun. Point about one inch below naval. May cause loss of consciousness due to trauma to small iintestine and bladder and may effect large blood vessels and nerves in the abdomen, which may cause shock and loss of motor functions.
  • Subaxillary Region. Fourth intercostal space. May cause loss of consciousness due to trauma to lungs and associated nerves, leading to loss of lung function and stoppage of breathing and circulatory failure.
  • Area below Nipples. Between the fifth and sixth ribs on either side. May cause loss of consciousness due to similar to loss of lung function, stoppage of breath, and circulatory failure.
  • Commotio Cordis. Also known as cardiac concussion. This is a syndrome in which a non penetrating impact to the chest causes heart failure but causes little or no structural damage to the body or the heart. A common victim is a player who takes a baseball, hockey puck, or other hard object in the chest, but it also could be a punch or kick. About half the time, the victim collapses immediately; otherwise, it usually occurs within a minute or two. Death is thought to result from ventricular fibrillation, a state in which the lower heart chambers start fluttering and stop pumping blood. One study of 128 cases reported that 84 percent of the victims died, with nearly all the survivors receiving prompt defibrillation. Relatively little force is required for the killing blow; one researcher estimates that the blunt instrument need be moving at only 30 mph. Although this is a proven medical phenomenon, animal experiments indicate that one must strike within a 15-20 millisecond window in the heartbeat cycle to have a reasonably good chance of taking down an attacker; therefore, in a self-defense situation, it is practically useless.
  • Abdomen, Hypochondriac Region. Seventh intercostal space. Cause of loss of consciousness is different for left and right sides. On right side, it is caused by trauma to liver, leading to loss of nervous function associated with the liver and lungs. On left side, it is caused by trauma to the stomach and spleen along with effects on heart and lungs, producing loss of nervous function associated with heart and lungs.
  • Abdomen, Lumbar Region. Eleventh intercostal space. Cause of loss of consciousness is different for left and right sides and is nearly identical to the those of injury to hypochondriac region.
  • Testes. May cause loss of consciousness due to trauma to the nerves and arteries of the testicles and groin, causing the testicles to rise andcause loss of motor function and inability to breathe.
NOTE: Attacks to the vital areas of torso may cause disruptive effects on spinal cord and sympathetic nervous system, which may affect the cranial nerves leading to loss of consciousness caused by shock and loss of breathing. However, attacks to vital areas of the head do not always lead to loss of breathing in spite of loss of sensory and motor functions.

Thank you Grizz and ctp101 and for sticking with the thrust of the thread.

To the posters who wish to get bogged down in the right or wrong of Franklin’s suspension, please do it on another thread.

For some considerable time I, and many of my close associates, have been alarmed at the ever widening gap between administrators and adjudicators and the grass root supporters of our game.

Many of the associates I speak of are Rugby League supporters who witnessed the same centralised arrogance in their code during the early nineties .That arrogance ultimately led to the intervention by Rupert Murdoch which resulted in an irreconcilable split and led to the advent of Super League. Whilst we are not quite at that stage, the similarities are frightening.

The Franklin travesty provided me with the topical opportunity to construct a thread using classic media sensationalist journalism where the content is littered with emotive statements designed, by the artful use of controversy, to attract attention and reach into the emotional heart in all of us.

So, what can we do?

Some have suggested,
Boycott games
March on AFL house
and other dead end options
Others have proposed lobbying for the election of a President who will ruthlessly pursue the AFL with the intention of making them accountable. In fact, our President has attempted this and we all saw the outcome of that.

Let me propose something.

The constitution of all clubs be amended to allow club members to move motions where, if seconded and carried by a unanimous vote, then that club is duty bound to take that motion to the AFL and that the motion be publicly broadcast and the response of the AFL also be publicly broadcast.

It is probably impractical to introduce that business at the Annual General Meeting. I would therefore propose that the amended constitution include a provision that each club must have an annual extraordinary meeting where members are given the opportunity to move, debate, and vote on matters relating to the administration and judiciary of OUR game.

Over to you.

Oh and for you Richmond and Essendon trolls, thank you for volunteering to become imbecilic Neanderthals.
A short history lesson.Neanderthalls roamed the earth for 60,000,000 years but because of their inability to develop a brain that was capable of any intelligence, they became extinct. That is all except about 75000 of them. Anthropologists were always mystified as to what happened to these 75000.They are now delighted to announce that the mystery has been solved; they all became Essendon and Richmond supporters.

Mr Mud and other concerned Hawk MEMBER'S, this is the reason I wanted another sub-forum available to talk about the issue of the AFL as a whole. Not just this latest Buddy joke.

Instead I've been in contact with the club as I'm sure other people have.

My reason for contacting the club is to get all the information I can get about MY VOTING RIGHTS and the constitution of the Hawthorn Football Club, so I know how best to exercise my voting rights on how to put forward a vote of no confidence in this current AFL administration.

Then the board can act, without fear of being penalised by the AFL, because they are merely acting on behalf their members vote.

At the moment all the Hawthorn Football Club can do is follow the rules that are in place by this AFL dictatorship.

We the members from every club need to change this AFL dictatorship, into something that allows the clubs and members to express their feelings about matters without the fear of reprisal from the AFL dictators.

For anybody who thinks this is a overreaction to the current Buddy incident then I'd say back; I've been quietly pushing this for some time and this incident has to be the last chance for people to OPEN THEIR EYES and look at what is happening to OUR GAME, before it's voting time at the AGM of each club.

It's OUR GAME not the AFL'S!

So what can we do Lord Mud, we can vote at the AGM about this AFL dictatorship.
Until than there is bugger all we can do, except get support going on here and other places to make changes happen.

So Hawk Members are you ready to stand up to the AFL again?

(If all clubs voted this way than the current AFL administrators have to step down.)

Remove this Banner Ad

A serious question.What can we do?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back