A trading frenzy coming up! Would we swap for Mitch Thorp?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Bojangles got confused. He thought Richmond had Pelchin and we had Miller. I think I know whom I'd prefer at the negotiating table.

Nice Troll Boj, but the jokes on Richmond come trade time.:D

Everyone is tradeable if the offer is right.

Dowler - a first round pick is what we would want. No chance of getting it.
Thorp - an early first rounder again no chance.

Neither of these guys have done enough to raise expectations. They cost us a lot so we over value them.

Boiler - I'd love a second round but cant see which team would want him that badly. Maybe the doggies. The tigs dont seem to have many talls and have priors for taking used players.

Maybe it will be a trading frenzy and we get over the odds for some of our fringe players.

Everyone is tradeable if the offer is right.

Dowler - a first round pick is what we would want. No chance of getting it.
Thorp - an early first rounder again no chance.

Neither of these guys have done enough to raise expectations. They cost us a lot so we over value them.

Boiler - I'd love a second round but cant see which team would want him that badly. Maybe the doggies. The tigs dont seem to have many talls and have priors for taking used players.

Maybe it will be a trading frenzy and we get over the odds for some of our fringe players.

Isn't that exactly what both those players are... plus a few years of experience, strengthening, etc. They just haven't had their chance yet.

Won't happen.

A trade proposal back at the op.. our pick 15 for Jack Riewoldt .. or Beau Dowler and Pick 15 for Trent Cotchin.

I'd suggest those players are untouchables .. similar Thorp would be our untouchable young prospect. Dowler could probably be shifted at the right price.

A trade proposal back at the op.. our pick 15 for Jack Riewoldt .. or Beau Dowler and Pick 15 for Trent Cotchin.

I'd suggest those players are untouchables .. similar Thorp would be our untouchable young prospect. Dowler could probably be shifted at the right price.

Forget riewoldt because you'd be trading like for like - but let's talk more about Cotchin....

Re: swap for Mitch Thorp

Sorry.

Didn't realise I was posting to xenophobes.

FWIW, no, I didn't just notice that injury.........just posting something relevant to the comment "his value would have gone up".........I feel embarrassed for you that this needed explaining.......but there it is.

As for him being better than any of our developing defenders, well I guess that remains to be seen, and I wish him well.

As you know we are looking for another key forward, and, as it seemed to be the point of this thread, thought I would pitch in.

Apologies if your feathers are ruffled.:cool:

your knowledge is so intense that we all want to become blue supporters to be like you.

as we know? we don't know much about your club because they haven't done anything except buy players and getting 1st picks in the draft.

you need another kp forward? to me you need a quality defender more than us, because at least we have croad who is one of the better kp defenders in the comp.

whilst it may seem easy to get players at will, that is mainly due to your position in the past of being absolutely hopeless and getting charity from other clubs via picks and bought players.

it isn't easy to fill areas of definciency and as I said before, with a ridiculously skewed salary cap to find and be able to get these players will be extraordinily hard. and as i also said before, holding on to your players with the gold coast team looming is going to be hard for all, but even more so the blues.

Re: swap for Mitch Thorp

your knowledge is so intense that we all want to become blue supporters to be like you.
Did you leave off the :rolleyes:?
you need another kp forward? to me you need a quality defender more than us, because at least we have croad who is one of the better kp defenders in the comp.
Oh.....how silly of me. You have ONE good one so there is no need for any more.

Your superior knowledge has won out.

I bow to you.:cool:

whilst it may seem easy to get players at will, that is mainly due to your position in the past of being absolutely hopeless and getting charity from other clubs via picks and bought players.
Short memory eh?
it isn't easy to fill areas of definciency and as I said before, with a ridiculously skewed salary cap to find and be able to get these players will be extraordinily hard. and as i also said before, holding on to your players with the gold coast team looming is going to be hard for all, but even more so the blues.

Not sure what any of that last bit has to do with Thorpe, but its your page.

The FACT is mate, you have good depth and Thorpe is well back in line. He may well think his career could do better elsehwere.]

Never said it would be easy, just that he is one we would be looking at.

I'd imagine Tom Hawkins is probably getting sick of cooling his heels in the VFL too, but I won't suggest he'll be going anywhere soon........but how long do you expect these kids to wait before they play seniors on a regular basis?

Isn't that exactly what both those players are...

They were early picks now they are just players. Realistically we would not get what we paid for them. I am not worried about Thorp and Growler as no one is going to try to poach them.

Roughie on the other hand. In just about any other team he would be the number one forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

A trading frenzy coming up! Would we swap for Mitch Thorp?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back