AAMI Stadium $5.5mill Lights Upgrade

Remove this Banner Ad

Regarding the height issue: A number of decades ago :eek:, I seem to recall the reasons why there are height limits on buildings in the CDB was two fold.

One being that the soil was so bad that the so called experts at the time felt that it would be too dangerous to build buildings over a certain height. :eek:

The second and most important one is that the city is unfortunately in one of the major flight paths of aircraft using a particular runway at the airport.
Bad planning all round. Again.

Its nothing to do with soil you fool.

and the flight path is also wrong...It is actually the Emergency flight path, to of which is hundreds of meters away from the city. Its stupid.

As for the stadium, I was joking about the track, but it would be cool.

The youth of this city are leaving because nothing is happening here, there is a better lifestyle for the young and things to do in other cities (even Perth, a similar size to Adelaide). I should know I am young.

A stadium would be the start of regenerating Adelaide.

and the flight path is also wrong...It is actually the Emergency flight path, to of which is hundreds of meters away from the city. Its stupid.

The youth of this city are leaving because nothing is happening here, there is a better lifestyle for the young and things to do in other cities (even Perth, a similar size to Adelaide). I should know I am young.

Enough with the fool comments. I had also heard the flight path was one of the reasons.

So when are you going?

I worry when people want change for changes sake and nothing to do with getting the appropriate facility. If your only argument is regeneration then you have lost me

Regarding the height issue: A number of decades ago :eek:, I seem to recall the reasons why there are height limits on buildings in the CDB was two fold.

One being that the soil was so bad that the so called experts at the time felt that it would be too dangerous to build buildings over a certain height. :eek:
The high water table in Adelaide is an issue. Similar problems are faced in many cities like Manhattan for example. It obviously adds a bigger price tag to any tall design but it is nothing modern day engineers cant handle.

The second and most important one is that the city is unfortunately in one of the major flight paths of aircraft using a particular runway at the airport.
Bad planning all round. Again.

I didnt know that? Surely there must be some way around this.(pardon the pun):D

No it's some of the youngsters who demand change because they don't like something. Just build it, damn the cost.

It's the lack of jobs in particular areas is the real reason that they leave, that and they want to do and see things before ....................well they settle down.

Both points are accurate and well made imo. particularly the latter.

Adelaide, has a wonderful lifestyle, and if the work opportunities were really there I would happily live there. But...

not sure I understand how "the flight path" is wrong, but that "emergency flight path" is correct? or what your basis for it being "stupid" is.

maybe too young to even appreciate what is meant by a better lifestyle? ;)

sorry but you can keep repeating this rubbish, but it's doesn't get any more sensible the more times you roll it out. ah hell, what does it really matter - you lost me with your commonwealth games rubbish.

yeah yeah, my bad I just get really feirce over the topic of Adelaide and South Australia. I was in year 12 this year and I am not kidding at least 10 blokes are going to move interstate this year. They all say how great Melbourne/Sydney/Brisbane/Gold Coast and recently Perth. I am a very proud South Australian, and it really sucks to hear these things.

As for my commonwealth games blabbering, well thats because whenever a major event is staged it means a total overhaul of infrastructure relating to sport. Thank god.

All I am saying is I want the Government to start planning on a new stadium for the future, a site, the cost etc.

The youth of this city are leaving because nothing is happening here, there is a better lifestyle for the young and things to do in other cities (even Perth, a similar size to Adelaide).

A stadium would be the start of regenerating Adelaide. I am young and I know everything.

Edited for accuracy. :D

If you re read my post again bright spark you'll next time MIGHT notice I said decades ago. Now surely modern engineering as been pointed out might fix that.

And the reason why the tall buildings in the city having red warning lights has nothing to do with warning ...................what cars that have lost their way? :rolleyes:

Edited for accuracy. :D

If you re read my post again bright spark you'll next time MIGHT notice I said decades ago. Now surely modern engineering as been pointed out might fix that.

And the reason why the tall buildings in the city having red warning lights has nothing to do with warning ...................what cars that have lost their way? :rolleyes:

If any pilot can hit a 33 storey building K's away from the airport, on an emergency flight path that doesn't even go over the city...well you would be a little worried how they ever got their license to fly. Or it could just be a Garuda pilot :thumbsu:

If any pilot can hit a 33 storey building K's away from the airport, on an emergency flight path that doesn't even go over the city...well you would be a little worried how they ever got their license to fly. Or it could just be a Garuda pilot :thumbsu:

Next time you go to Adelaide Oval for a cricket game or use a plane to fly into the city look down when you fly in and you'll see you actually fly over the oval.

And ever heard of fog. :confused:

Next time you go to Adelaide Oval for a cricket game or use a plane to fly into the city look down when you fly in and you'll see you actually fly over the oval.

And ever heard of fog. :confused:

Tallest building in Adelaide is what, 130 meters tall, give or take, probably take. Adelaides CBD, being centred around KWS & NT is about 5km's + from the airport. If a plane is flying that low, well they are pretty much screwed anyway.

There is nothing stopping taller buildings near KWS on ST side, but the ACC is an old bunch of North Adelaide Hippies and won't allow buildings any taller then the current optus building.

It doesnt matter what skill the pilots have there is something called Airspace Regulations. Google is your friend

It doesnt matter what skill the pilots have there is something called Airspace Regulations. Google is your friend

This map basically shows the areas in which buildings can be built to a certain height. The highest a building can go is currently 103m. But it can be increased over that in some circumstances.

The flight path excuse is void, a 200m tower was almost built on NT but it never happened. thats 70m taller , basically adding the Law courts on top of the current Westpac Building.

Google is my friend :thumbsu:
hieghtspp0.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Asian Finanical Crisis apparently, and the demand just wasn't there in the end. Would have meant a very different Adelaide skyline if it had gone ahead

So in actual fact it wasnt the North Adelaide Hippies that blocked this?

Hey now don't get cheeky. There was once a time when the ACC did popular and progressive things, when the residence of North Adelaide actually had a median age of under 40.

haha nah just kidding, I am not sure if it were just a proposal, or it was approved and never eventuated. There isn't alot on it. So maybe the Hippies never had a chance to shot it down in flames

Unfortunately is was a very ugly design and the proposed site was the wrong place to build a tall tower. Even someone like me who is very pro development is glad it was never built.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuzz09
I agree with the title of this thread.

Its boring here in Adelaide.

Yepp. I agree.
Adelaide is boring!

Cant wait till i finish school.. then im outta here!

Another one jumps ship

Remove this Banner Ad

AAMI Stadium $5.5mill Lights Upgrade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back