Aaron Davey or Andrew Walker

Who's a better Footballer

• Aaron Davey

Votes: 29 30.5%
  • Andrew Walker

Votes: 66 69.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Many people said that Walker couldn't back up his efforts from last week, especially when under pressure and/or if the team is getting thrashed.

Well, he did. Two good games in a row so far, but Davey has had the runs of the board thus far. Will be interesting to see who will go on and play consistent footy.

Whos the better footballer?
Aaron Davey
Who will be the better footballer?
Aaron Davey
Who do you like more?
Aaron Davey
Who do you think is the most likely to win the Rising Star?
Aaron Davey

Originally posted by Thrawn
Many people said that Walker couldn't back up his efforts from last week, especially when under pressure and/or if the team is getting thrashed.

Well, he did. Two good games in a row so far, but Davey has had the runs of the board thus far. Will be interesting to see who will go on and play consistent footy.

geez - he must have had a blinder today. without him they would have gone down by 180pts!

Originally posted by Macpie
geez - he must have had a blinder today. without him they would have gone down by 180pts!

He played well, but not as good as last week. He didn't drop off too badly I would've thought. He wasn't disgraced, kept his cool and didn't fall under the pressure like most of our team did.

He showed great composure and maturity for a 17 year old boy that has only played two games. Looking forward to seeing what he can do against the Pies next Saturday.

Walker will be the better player without a doubt.

Davey has been good for the dess so far, but like so many before him these cheaky goal sneaks are good for a season or two then slowly drift out of the game when opposition clubs get a handle on their game. enjoy it while it lasts.

Comparing a second pick in the pre-season draft to a second pick in the main draft, Walker is expected to be the better player, but Davey will prove to be a great pick. All he needs to do is kick an average of two goals a game and he'll do his job.

Originally posted by Demonheart
Comparing a second pick in the pre-season draft to a second pick in the main draft, Walker is expected to be the better player, but Davey will prove to be a great pick. All he needs to do is kick an average of two goals a game and he'll do his job.

I Don't think where a players taking has anything to do with it it's what they do when they get to the AFL, look at where hird was taking (cant remember exact draft position 60-70) to where say Luke Livingston was taken (#4).

If it was where your taken we'd be comparing Walker and Cooney and to me its obvious that so far Walker in just the 2 games has played better.

Walker is 17 and Davey is about 20-21 I think, lets see how good Walker is in 2 or 3 years. As good an asset Davey has been to Melbourne Walker will be a superstar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched Davey play 3 times last year and I doubted he had a defensive game but obviously his offensive game was/is a cut above the rest. Walker will still be a star but Davey could be a huge excitement machine.

The Blues rookie choice of Carrazzo before Davey is looking to be one of the best.....'In Hindsight'........choices of many a year. :confused: :confused:

Mind you there were 90 odd picks in the Draft and everyone passed on the speed machine, including the Demons so go figure :(

Who's the better footballer?
Aaron Davey

Andrew Walker

Who do you like more?
Both

Aaron Davey

Originally posted by Yze_Magic
I am so in love with Aaron Davey

That's called homosexuality.

Walker will be the superior player. Davey is one dimensional, but a good small forward. Walker looks a class midfielder.

I'd a big fan of Davey. He's right up there with Rivers, Ebert and Bevan for the rising star after round 6. But there's still 16 rounds to go, and a lot of talent waiting to be unleashed.

I still haven't seen enough of Walker, although I saw the last half of the eagles game. Who played on Walker today?

Who's the better footballer?
Aaron Davey

Andrew Walker

Who do you like more?
Aaron Davey

Aaron Davey

Aaron Davey is a goal sneak. Walker will be you're prominant midfielder type of player who will get a lot of the ball. It's like comparing Matera to Haselby.
At the moment Davey has been better, and he might turn out better. Walker has only played two games. Who knows? We'll have to wait an see.

As a goal sneak Davey's form so far has been helped by being in a team that has been playing well and winning. With Walker having only played in the two games thus far it makes comparison pretty pointless also.

I think Walker will probably turn out to be the better footballer given that at 17 he should have a little more development in him than the older Davey.
As for who would be more likely to win the Rising Star, that will depend on whether the Demons keep winning. If they do, then Davey is more likely. If they don't, then as a small forward it'll be harder for him to keep his form at such a high standard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aaron Davey or Andrew Walker

Back