Remove this Banner Ad

Server was down a few hours ago.
It is reported to have been out of action for at least 48 hours.

'Mon, 25 October 2021 1:17 AEST PM
The missing dangerous sex offenders register is no longer available to access on the WA Government website, with the page server down.'

'The details of the “missing” convicted paedophiles and sex offenders — including names, photographs and last known location — are usually listed on a public WA Government community protection register to “to enhance community awareness and to assist in locating them”.
But due to a “server error”, the register has not been accessible for at least the past 48 hours.
“The server has experienced an error and we are unable to process your request at this time,” the website page states.
“Please try again later.”'

'It is unclear what has caused the online register to crash.
The WA Police Force and the Department of Communities has been contacted for comment.'
I just checked my area and it is working, though it only came up with the one person which Im pretty sure could not possibly be correct!!

It's a little bit difficult to know the exact viewing angle of that camera without confirming the model, but here's an example..

View attachment 1267388
Most of the ones I've used have had between a 2.8mm and 4mm lense. There are two or three issues with the camera position though. The first is that it appears to be slightly set back in an enclosure - that would potentially decrease the viewing angle (the sides of the box would block the wider view). The second is the vertical angle (how far down the camera is pointing) - if you're trying to secure your entry ways, you would tend to point it down at least slightly to focus in on the doorway rather than capture images further away. The third issue is that the box had a cover glued over the front (you can see the black glue left over on the box after the police have removed that cover to access the camera) - depending on the upkeep of that cover (dust ingress), whether it was glass or clear acrylic etc., the image quality may be impacted. For the wide angle, given the camera is located at the top of the eve, the roof structure would impact what can be seen - the front beams on the pergola would impact the vision as they're at the same height as the camera.

As an absolute guess, this is the what I believe the field of view would be:

View attachment 1267396
Thanks - gives us a good idea of that particular CCTV's scope. Even if it was a little wider there is a huge amount of area to the left which includes their tent area that was not covered. The only possible thing the CCTV could have picked was a vehicle coming in or leaving from the area. If not the perp could have come in and out through a bush track in the left area which is quite plausible.

Last edited:
Most of the ones I've used have had between a 2.8mm and 4mm lense. There are two or three issues with the camera position though. The first is that it appears to be slightly set back in an enclosure - that would potentially decrease the viewing angle (the sides of the box would block the wider view). The second is the vertical angle (how far down the camera is pointing) - if you're trying to secure your entry ways, you would tend to point it down at least slightly to focus in on the doorway rather than capture images further away. The third issue is that the box had a cover glued over the front (you can see the black glue left over on the box after the police have removed that cover to access the camera) - depending on the upkeep of that cover (dust ingress), whether it was glass or clear acrylic etc., the image quality may be impacted. For the wide angle, given the camera is located at the top of the eve, the roof structure would impact what can be seen - the front beams on the pergola would impact the vision as they're at the same height as the camera.

I had the angle differently and it specifically states, this cctv camera covered the tent with "the cctv camera that has the crucial footage of the tent, on the day, night and morning ...".

It's monitored remotely? I wonder if they haven't got another one in the container end if that's a container I'm looking at or shed. Why wouldn't they if they've gone to all the trouble of putting that one in when if they wanted to cover both the verandah and the shed end, it might have been better situated down the other end?

cctvangle.png

I had the angle differently and it specifically states, this cctv camera covered the tent with "the cctv camera that has the crucial footage of the tent, on the day, night and morning ...".

It's monitored remotely? I wonder if they haven't got another one in the container end if that's a container I'm looking at or shed. Why wouldn't they if they've gone to all the trouble of putting that one in when if they wanted to cover both the verandah and the shed end, it might have been better situated down the other end?

View attachment 1267449
You could be right on a second camera but based on what the police have said (the CCTV only captured their car arriving, and her voice) it may be unlikely.

As far as monitoring remotely, it’s possible but not probable. They’d need for it to be connected to the internet, so unless they had some sort of satellite internet solution there, I’m not sure how they’d do it. They may have a SIM card linked in to it that sends alerts when it’s activated, but That wouldn’t send the actual footage unless it was connected to the internet. It’s a fairly decent setup (the shack) with solar panels etc., but internet is another level up. It’s more likely that they have external storage inside the shack so the owners could review when they visit, if anything was amiss.

You could be right on a second camera but based on what the police have said (the CCTV only captured their car arriving, and her voice) it may be unlikely.

As far as monitoring remotely, it’s possible but not probable. They’d need for it to be connected to the internet, so unless they had some sort of satellite internet solution there, I’m not sure how they’d do it. They may have a SIM card linked in to it that sends alerts when it’s activated, but That wouldn’t send the actual footage unless it was connected to the internet. It’s a fairly decent setup (the shack) with solar panels etc., but internet is another level up. It’s more likely that they have external storage inside the shack so the owners could review when they visit, if anything was amiss.

And that caption under the photo could just be a typo - if they actually had footage of the tent at all times, surely they would know what happened? Obviously this could also be a slip up from the journo - they may have been told that footage exists of the tent by the police, but told to keep it quiet. Unlikely?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And that caption under the photo could just be a typo - if they actually had footage of the tent at all times, surely they would know what happened? Obviously this could also be a slip up from the journo - they may have been told that footage exists of the tent by the police, but told to keep it quiet. Unlikely?

We caught the West Austrfalian out on a couple of *cough cough* errors in reporting through the Claremont murders investigation but this is very specific information. I don't know and could be totally wrong, I strongly suspect the police do know what happened but that whatever images they have from the CCTV here and maybe flashes elsewhere, it just isn't good enough for identification.

We caught the West Austrfalian out on a couple of *cough cough* errors in reporting through the Claremont murders investigation but this is very specific information. I don't know and could be totally wrong, I strongly suspect the police do know what happened but that whatever images they have from the CCTV here and maybe flashes elsewhere, it just isn't good enough for identification.
Can’t disagree with that

I’m just new to this case and maybe it’s obvious but I’m thinking that the offender may have arrived earlier in the night, hung around the tents and heard the interaction between mother and child at 1am. He probably saw the shadows as well and would have ascertained exactly where the child and parents were located. He would have waited until he was certain the parents were asleep. From there it wouldn’t be difficult for him. A hand over the mouth of a small child and out the tent to his vehicle. The vehicle sighting and sounds all back this up. 3am would have been the ideal time for this creep.

so many questions on this case.. i just don't know how this can happen right under the parents eyes.
Me neither until I found out that it was a two-room tent, with the children in the room closest to the door and the tent door half open.

That said, I’m keeping my mind open as well. But unless there’s info being kept from us, I’m guessing that is what happened.

I’m guessing that this miscreant has a criminal record. It’s likely that he’s familiar with that Blowholes location as well.

He would have been in for a long drive after such an abduction. He wouldn’t assume that the disappearance wasn’t immediately discovered. Hence the screeching tyres.

I don’t predict that he’s situated in Carnarvon. More likely elsewhere, maybe as far south as Geraldton or at some place in between. If he is a Carnarvon local, hopefully somebody suspects him.

Last edited:
I still think the most likely scenario is that she left the tent, for whatever reason - sleepwalking, couldn't sleep, etc, and was hit by the 3.00am car. Driver panicked, took her body and did a runner. This only really has one 'unbelievable' element to it - that Cleo left the tent. Every other scenario has multiple WTF moments. Hacked cameras, stalkers, paedo rings...all a bit far fetched. The truth is usually much simpler.
With her adult sized sleeping bag? I don't think so

Bloke has been there 20 years and now he is a suspect. If anything, he'd be last on list...he is a bit of an eccentric and an Alby Mangels sort but I didn't find him sinister.

He was there looking at 8am...bit hard to be headed to Carnarvon at 3-330am then be back there for 6am when she was gone.
He could have passed her on to a mate. Would explain the car at that time of night

You can get Cellular security cameras that connect through 3G/4G mobile network just like a mobile phone and can get notifications and view them remotely.
Reolink Go is one example.

Wasn't it mentioned by someone earlier in thread that they have mobile towers out that way?

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Abduction of 4yo Blowholes Shacks WA *Terence Kelly Convicted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back