Ablett a protected species

Remove this Banner Ad

An age old simple concept.

Hand is formed as a fist, and used as such, it’s a deliberate punch.

A deliberate punch is a deliberate punch. He intended to hit him in the head . One week would be like being flogged with a wet lettuce leaf. If his name was let's say Guthrie he's get 2 weeks. He'll get another fine.

He will get done on this one. Whether he gets a week or a fine I don’t know.

Whilst the tribunal can do whatever it wants, it is my understanding that it isn’t open to the MRP to issue a fine for intentional high contact. If the contact is deemed sufficient enough to meet low impact, it is a week.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Definately gone.

AFL cant argue against this being any different to Soldo because like him :
- it was a a "stop play"
- intentional.
- head high contact

None of this "protection" and bumber bar rubbish "in play" on this occasion.

And getting off 3 times in a little over a month is a very very bad look.
AFL cant afford the "protected species" commentary and editorials to grow.

I do not know whether Ablett is a protected species or not but he should be suspended for that in fact he should have been suspended for at least 1 of the other incidents.A professional boxer would have been happy with that punch and it was deliberately throw has to be be suspended this time as he definitely has not learned from his previous mistakes.I just hope the AFL does not come up with that old chestnut about sufficient force you know the one they used when Judd split Pavelich,s cheek open and this is the AFL here and they definitely make the rules up as they go along.

I do not know whether Ablett is a protected species or not but he should be suspended for that in fact he should have been suspended for at least 1 of the other incidents.A professional boxer would have been happy with that punch and it was deliberately throw has to be be suspended this time as he definitely has not learned from his previous mistakes.I just hope the AFL does not come up with that old chestnut about sufficient force you know the one they used when Judd split Pavelich,s cheek open and this is the AFL here and they definitely make the rules up as they go along.

it is the intentional strike in a 'stop play' that will count here - he cant make an "accidental/momentum/protection" argument as in a free play incident.

The punch missed and the Suns player was acting. Nothing to see here.
At least that’s what some on the Geelong board seem to be saying.

Yes, the left hand open palm attempted slap missed but the right hand clenched fist to the jaw immediately after didn’t. Clear as day on the footage, as was the Suns player’s head snapping back as a result of the impact of the punch. Cats board is delusional if they think that punch did not connect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He went down because he was pushed by another player not because of Abletts hit. Wouldn’t call it a dive. I’m with barrackers on this one. There’s no possible way for him to have this graded as unintentional, he took 2 swings after all. I think he might be in a bit of trouble this time. There’s only so many times the MRO can cover for you until the outcry becomes too loud.

Only question is the level of impact. At least another fine you'd assume.

Only question is the level of impact. At least another fine you'd assume.
Even at low impact if it’s intentional then it’s a week. His only hope is that they deem the impact not worthy of a report, but given the action surely they can’t do that...

Ablett will get off and Dunstan will get a week and the VFL will try to tell us that they are not biased.
It pisses me off that Ablett got no suspension for what he did yet Mason was immediately given a week for simply standing his ground (overturned).
Bullschitt system.

The punch missed and the Suns player was acting. Nothing to see here.
At least that’s what some on the Geelong board seem to be saying.
LOL. It's a good read.
One delude poster "Maryjames", long time fruit loop is pushing that bandwagon, fruitlessly.
There is FA in it but he hit him clear as day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ablett a protected species

Remove this Banner Ad

Back