Ablett doesn't rate until he gets the No.1 tag *MB thread*

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Ablett doesn't rate until he gets the No.1 tag

Correct.

I really thought Hodge was gone for the night when he pointed to that position under his knee. He didn't touch the ball for the next two quarter but showed up for 9 possessions in the last.

Gun.

Correct.

I really thought Hodge was gone for the night when he pointed to that position under his knee. He didn't touch the ball for the next two quarter but showed up for 9 possessions in the last.

Gun.

According to Champion Data, he only had 5 possessions in the last term.

Making shit up again are we HP?

Our full forward who went into the game last week injured, and copped another injury during the game had more possessions than Hodge did last night.

Pods>Hodge. :p

According to Champion Data, he only had 5 possessions in the last term.

Making shit up again are we HP?

Going off the Channel 7 commentary.

Our full forward who went into the game last week injured, and copped another injury during the game had more possessions than Hodge did last night.

Pods>Hodge. :p

Because all injuries are exactly the same.

Bump.

Ablett played well tonight under a real tag. Credit where it's due. It's good that he's getting a tag this year.

I remember in round 3 this year when Ablett only got 6 posessiongs all of which went to the wrong target, got tacked 102 times by Bryce Gibbs despite Essendon playing Carlton that weekend, kicked an own goal and was eating CurlyWhirlies at half time with a peg holding his hair back in a ponytail.

He's a terrible player.

McVeigh had a better year.

I believe this post pretty much sums up everyone's regard for this thread, any thread you make and your general opinion on everything tassiepodge.

24 disposals in the first half when nobody was on him.

8 in the second half when Bateman was tagging him.

Can't be rated until he gets tagged week in week out.

And won the game for the Cats with those touches in the last quarter.

Luke Hodge, 20 nothing touches with no impact on the game. Running around behind a Hawk with a free kick getting desperate. Again Hodge fails when he gets some attention.

And won the game for the Cats with those touches in the last quarter.

Yes, he was a real matchwinner in the second half . . .:eek:

Luke Hodge, 20 nothing touches with no impact on the game. Running around behind a Hawk with a free kick getting desperate. Again Hodge fails when he gets some attention.

Luke Hodge actually beat his opponent today. Ablett can't say the same.

79 Supercoach points :D

Yes, he was a real matchwinner in the second half . . .:eek:

Yep, set up a huge goal with a bautifully weightes kick to Varcoe, then set up several attacking thrusts with touches in the last. Was miles ahead of Hodge and Cyril, no question.

Luke Hodge actually beat his opponent today. Ablett can't say the same.

79 Supercoach points :D

Hodge beat Ling because of a few handballs? Bzzzzzt. You have pretty low standards for Hodge podgey.

Ablett beat whichever opponent you are going to nominate.

Yep, set up a huge goal with a bautifully weightes kick to Varcoe, then set up several attacking thrusts with touches in the last. Was miles ahead of Hodge and Cyril, no question.

He kicked it to Varcoe did he?

He was beaten by Bateman when Bateman went on him. In the end Ablett became a liability.

Hodge beat Ling because of a few handballs? Bzzzzzt. You have pretty low standards for Hodge podgey.

Beating your opponent isn't a high standard. Hodge beat his opponent, and Ablett didn't.

Ablett beat whichever opponent you are going to nominate.

Had one opponent in Bateman. Was towelled up when he got an opponent.

Again, has to be rated by the games where he actually gets a tag.

Hodge had 0 impact on the game. The only good things he did all day was take a mark up forward and a speccy in the middle of the ground, which he proceded to turn over and give us a goal.

You should play Hodge up forward more often, he looks a lot more dangerous there than in the midfield wearing a serious tag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hodge had 0 impact on the game. The only good things he did all day was take a mark up forward and a speccy in the middle of the ground, which he proceded to turn over and give us a goal.

You should play Hodge up forward more often, he looks a lot more dangerous there than in the midfield wearing a serious tag.

He had an average game, but he beat his opponent.

Ablett was flying until he got a tag, then proceeded to get 8 more disposals for the game.

Ablett goes great guns when nobody's on him, but once again showed that you can't measure a player until he gets the best tag week in week out. Hodge has been doing that all year and he's the best player in the competition. Ablett got his 3rd tag this year in the second half and he sucked balls.

Ablett was flying until he got a tag, then proceeded to get 8 more disposals for the game.

Ablett goes great guns when nobody's on him, but once again showed that you can't measure a player until he gets the best tag week in week out. Hodge has been doing that all year and he's the best player in the competition. Ablett got his 3rd tag this year in the second half and he sucked balls.

Obviously you weren't at the game yesterday HP (surprise, surprise), otherwise you'd have noticed Ablett was playing in the forward line for most the 2nd half, which would explain him only having 10 touches after half time (I see you're making things up again statswise, but what else is new?). Had nothing to do with Bateman being on him. But don't just take my word for it, here's what Bomber himself said in the paper this morning.

GEELONG coach Mark Thompson's never-ending quest for improvement made him switch superstar midfielders Paul Chapman and Gary Ablett to the forward line during his team's two-point win at the MCG yesterday.
"Defensive pressure, we've been doing that really well, but we didn't do it that well today. I thought it was more important to win some ball when the ball got kicked in there," Thompson said.
"So we sacrificed Gary and Chappy to play more as forwards than onballers and they helped us win the game."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/cats-realign-their-stars/story-e6frf9jf-1225890276328

Obviously you weren't at the game yesterday HP (surprise, surprise),

Ablett and Chapman generally play forward as well as midfield, it's a given.

Was at the game, listened to the radio, watched the replay. All of the above.

All agreed that Bateman was on Ablett and kept him to 8 touches in the second half.

That, and I saw it with my own eyes.

It's a pretty handy excuse though. Whenever Ablett gets tagged you can just say he was only quiet cos he played forward :thumbsu:

Fact is that Bateman towelled him up. Needs to start beating tags otherwise he can't be rated.

Ablett and Chapman generally play forward as well as midfield, it's a given.

Was at the game, listened to the radio, watched the replay. All of the above.

All agreed that Bateman was on Ablett and kept him to 8 touches in the second half.

That, and I saw it with my own eyes.

It's a pretty handy excuse though. Whenever Ablett gets tagged you can just say he was only quiet cos he played forward :thumbsu:

Fact is that Bateman towelled him up. Needs to start beating tags otherwise he can't be rated.

Not an excuse. It's the truth. Funny how Ablett had 4 touches in the third term, when the ball was down Hawthorn's end for most the quarter (16 inside 50's to 9). Yet, when we had more inside 50's in the last term, Ablett had more possessions. That would make me think that Ablett was indeed playing in the forward line more, a fact shared by his coach and those at the ground who weren't wearing brown and gold contact lenses.

By the way, since when did 4 plus 6 equal 8 HP? Maybe you should go by the official Champion Data stats than just make shit up.

The irony is most of your supporters were paying Bateman out and especially Clarkson out saying it was the worst decision of a matchup to put Bateman on ablett. But Hey this houldn't get in the way of your godd ttroll :rolleyes:.

Not an excuse. It's the truth. Funny how Ablett had 4 touches in the third term, when the ball was down Hawthorn's end for most the quarter (16 inside 50's to 9). Yet, when we had more inside 50's in the last term, Ablett had more possessions.

Ablett wasn't getting as much of the ball in the 3rd because Hawthorn were generally on top.

That would make me think that Ablett was indeed playing in the forward line more, a fact shared by his coach and those at the ground who weren't wearing brown and gold contact lenses.

Ablett rotates forward every game.

By the way, since when did 4 plus 6 equal 8 HP? Maybe you should go by the official Champion Data stats than just make shit up.

I'll take your word for it and make it 10. That's still a thrashing. Particularly when you factor in that they're only 10 "Ablett possessions" and he was on track for 40+.

Has to get the tag regularly to be rated. Just the way the footy world works.

The irony is most of your supporters were paying Bateman out and especially Clarkson out saying it was the worst decision of a matchup to put Bateman on ablett. But Hey this houldn't get in the way of your godd ttroll :rolleyes:.

Where? What? :confused:

The irony is that Bateman pantsed him.

Lets have a look at how you judge players shall we?

Ablett 14 kicks

Cyril 17

Ablett 4 clearances

Cyril 6

Cyril better than him again :thumbsu:

Going by that, Hodge 10 kicks

Ling 12

Hodge 4 clearances

Ling 5

Ling wins. Turns out Hodge didn't beat his opponent at all :confused:

He got 10 possessions in the 2nd haf, and spent a lot of time in the forward line.

He beat his opponent quite handily for the game too, 14 kicks > 10, 3 clearances > 1, etc.

I'll take your word for it and make it 10. That's still a thrashing. Particularly when you factor in that they're only 10 "Ablett possessions" and he was on track for 40+.

Has to get the tag regularly to be rated. Just the way the footy world works.

Hodge clearly won that one. 20 disposals and a goal pretty good against Ling, who is very good at tagging inside midfielders.

Guffaw :thumbsu:

Ablett 10 possessions in a half after 22 in the 1st and he is 'thrashed'. Hodge 20 disposals for the match (that's 10 a half ;)) and he clearly wins his battle.

Do you like being the laughing stock of Bay 13 podgey?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ablett doesn't rate until he gets the No.1 tag *MB thread*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back