Ablett Reported

Remove this Banner Ad

If my mum had balls she would be my dad.
It didn’t happen, why? coz it wasn’t forceful enough to hurt him, matter of fact Shiel kept playing a blinder.

It clearly hurt him, just didn't KO him.

Is MRO outcome based or does it punish acts that are deliberate high hits?

Next time Shiel might be concussed. The act has to be punished.

It clearly hurt him, just didn't KO him.

Is MRO outcome based or does it punish acts that are deliberate high hits?

Next time Shiel might be concussed. The act has to be punished.

What’s your thoughts on the much harder hit by Hipwood?
Jonathan Brown a lions man was disgusted Ablett could possibly get more for a softer touch.

Imo Shiel has been watching Soccer too much. He wasn’t hurt, felt it and milked it. Hopefully he admits as much tonight.

Jonathan Brown a lions man was disgusted Ablett could possibly get more for a softer touch.

Imo Shiel has been watching Soccer too much. He wasn’t hurt, felt it and milked it. Hopefully he admits as much tonight.

I haven't seen the Hipwood one so can't comment. Cousins got a week for almost identical to what Ablett did.

The issue shouldn't be the "force", it should be that you can't lift your forearm/elbow and strike the headial region.

disappointed that all of these Fox commentators (i.e On the Couch crew) are trying to argue that there was nothing wrong with this. Well after the ball was gone he goes headhunting and hits Shiel with his hand then his forearm. Is that really something all of these guys want to keep happening by excusing it? They're also trying to say that the Hipwood hit was way worse. I think were both bad and that one was not much worse than the other.

Hipwoods was in a marking contest and was barely late, actually hit the ball out of his hands as well as making high contact, it's clearly careless.

Jake Lloyd stays on the ground for similar time to Shiel and others this year which is consistent with low impact.

It's obviously high.

Therefore a fine.

Ablett, jumped after Shiel disposed of the ball and hit him with an elbow to the side of the head. It's clearly intentional. Impact is obviously low, knocks Shiel over who stays dow for a bit and it's obviously high.

I don't see what all the fuss is about, I reckon it's super soft too but consistent with similar hits this year.

Dylan Grimes got a week for the softest of hits this year, Elliott never even went down or grabbed his face and he got a week too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he was stiff. They are consistent with the raising of the elbows being intentional though. I wonder if the Cats will take it on the chin.

Unfortunate for a player who has been around as long as Ablett has and always been very disciplined and fair.

disappointed that all of these Fox commentators (i.e On the Couch crew) are trying to argue that there was nothing wrong with this.

They are not the only ones, Basil Zempilas is on 6PR Breakfast show here in Perth every morning, and he was busy claiming that its a blight on the game if Gaz gets a week for this etc.

Thing is, once you elect to jump off the ground, raise the elbow and then accidentally collect someones head, you've got to expect to cop a week.

personally I think he should have gotten off (as should have Cousins) but for ONCE the MRP have been consistent

Impact totally different, as was the intent.

No doubt Ablett gets off and I hope it's due to the 'good record/good bloke' clause, BigFooty will go into meltdown. :p

Impact totally different, as was the intent.

No doubt Ablett gets off and I hope it's due to the 'good record/good bloke' clause, BigFooty will go into meltdown. :p
Impact is totally different if you want to accuse Shiel of faking it. Both stayed down for 10 to 15 seconds.
Imtent similar as well, both were slightly late but put the elbow/forearm up, Cousins maybe slightly later

Have no problem if he gets off on the good record clause. 328 games without suspemsion deserves a week discount. Should be disqualified from the Brownlow though

Dylan Grimes 1 week.

Dusty 2 weeks because of potential to cause injury down to one on appeal.

Cousins 1 week.

If the tribunal want to be seen as being consistent then Ablett should go, but I doubt he will. The media has done a good job of running the Good Guy defense so I expect that he won't even cop a fine.

Dylan Grimes 1 week.

Dusty 2 weeks because of potential to cause injury down to one on appeal.

Cousins 1 week.

If the tribunal want to be seen as being consistent then Ablett should go, but I doubt he will. The media has done a good job of running the Good Guy defense so I expect that he won't even cop a fine.

Seriously - you think a Dylan Grimes or Dustin Martin cocked swinging elbow is the same as Ablett's ??

Ablett wasn't swinging a bent elbow - he was pushing with his hands - his incident is a mile below Grimes

Seriously - you think a Dylan Grimes or Dustin Martin cocked swinging elbow is the same as Ablett's ??

Ablett wasn't swinging a bent elbow - he was pushing with his hands - his incident is a mile below Grimes

Freaking ridiculous isn’t it, everyone comparing these incidents.
All of those are actual elbows, bent arms directly to the head.
None of them are the same.
People think just because an elbow happens to brush him on the way past means a suspension. It’s incidental contact with no force to warrant a report.
When will people get it?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Ablett Reported

Remove this Banner Ad

Back