Bumped Ablett signs with Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Gazza Gone - Judas

After seeing how happy Essendon were and thier members with Hirds Coaching Announcement yesterday...Does anyone feel a larger twinge of hurt that Gary is leaving. Seriously...Hird, as much as I ahte him...stood by his club and never thought of leaving, and now has put his business and family and everyhting on hold for 4 years, to HELP out his club in a time of need. That, in my eyes, shows great dedication to the CLub & Jumper. I feel more hurt after this with Gaz going now. How beautiful it would have been for him to turn his nose at the $$$ and announce...IM A CAT FOR LIFE. MY CLUB NEEDS ME AND I WONT LEAVE IT IN A TIME OF NEED.

Re: Ablett to sign with Gold Coast - announcement at 12:30PM

Doesn't it depend on where we finish in the year before we want to use them? Or something equally stupid...

No, it is the where you finish the year you use them.

The stupid thing is that other than this year you have to nominate before the season starts that you will use them 7 months later.

I don't understand why.

They say 2012 is looking like it will be a good draft.

I won't be surprised if the cats roll the dice and let wells use 3 1st round draft picks this year.

It would be a risk of course.

I don't know if I want to watch this presser.

I'm quite likely to go down there and start busting heads.

Far more important things than the Caps lock people...But either way, my apoligies, I wanted to get my point across was all.

Stephen Wells may have more say...but Surely he would have to sit down with Bomber to see what areas we are Lacking and whats best to fit in wiht Bombers Game Strategy and style yeah????

Can't you use then anytime between now and 2012? Or something like that. Even if Bomber does decide his time us up at Geelong, you have plenty of time to use those picks.

shame on all of you.

You shouldnt be bagging him for walking out on your club, a

Bullshit. If Reiwoldt did it, you'd be sinking the boots in. I sunk them in when Brown left, and he isn't even half the player Ablett is. The fact is a club favorite, and a legendary name around the club has walked out. It hurts. Until somebody walks out on your club, you can't really pass judgement on the fans.

You look at how many fans love Gary, ans walk around with his #29 on their backs. And they're mean to just accept his leaving, and be fine with it? :rolleyes:

Even as a Hawthorn fan, I'm shattered Gary has left. It's been speculated for so long, but in the back of your mind you never want to believe it. I genuinely hoped he would stay with the Cats and finish a one club player. Unfortunately that isn't to be. It really is a sad day for football.

Re: Gazza Gone - Judas

And the upshot of it is, we will finally get to see really how good Selwood is instead of him having to play second fiddle - Selwood for 2011 bownlow!! :)

At least some younger guys will have a shot now!!

Ablett will do a Judd in 2011 now :mad: Good player in a shit side will get the votes every time.

Can't wait to see the kids come through now :D

Even as a Hawthorn fan, I'm shattered Gary has left. It's been speculated for so long, but in the back of your mind you never want to believe it. I genuinely hoped he would stay with the Cats and finish a one club player. Unfortunately that isn't to be. It really is a sad day for football.

I guess that's because it's a kick in the guts for all footy fans to see the way the game has gone. We all knew it, but we are currently having it rubbed in our faces.

Can't you use then anytime between now and 2012? Or something like that. Even if Bomber does decide his time us up at Geelong, you have plenty of time to use those picks.

Bullshit. If Reiwoldt did it, you'd be sinking the boots in. I sunk them in when Brown left, and he isn't even half the player Ablett is. The fact is a club favorite, and a legendary name around the club has walked out. It hurts. Until somebody walks out on your club, you can't really pass judgement on the fans.

You look at how many fans love Gary, ans walk around with his #29 on their backs. And they're mean to just accept his leaving, and be fine with it? :rolleyes:

Cheers mate. Why couldn't Gazza be like Buddy and Riewoldt? :( Screw Vlad and Screw the AFL.

regards,

REB

It is a sad day for football but football created this new AFL team crap salary cap system.

I would be more than peed off at him if I were a Geelong supporter.

I am still tormented with the chance Cloke may go... so I could only imagine how the Cats fans feel.

No surpries really, could see it coming all season.

It's probly been asked before, but what sort of compensation are Geelong looking at?

Its true, your club has just confirmed it: http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27809698-5018851,00.html

Sorry to here about it guys. Have a lot of respect for Geelong, especially after the a*se raping you gave us in 2007. But remember it was 22 of you who gave us that raping, not just one sniper!

Youve still got a great looking list and things still look rosy for the future.

May I recommend that all clubs that have received priority picks for snipers leaving (Port, Adelaide, Western Bulldogs, Geelong etc) use their picks to draft some hard nut that would never have been drafted by an AFL club and tell them the only reason they were drafted is to take out the sniper who left them when they next play the Gold Coast Suns.

Its nasty but thats all these money hungry mercenaries deserve. After all, its not like these tools were on base salaries beforehand.

Best of luck for the future Cats fans

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've had plenty of time to prepare for this, but it still hurts. Part of me wants him to break a leg, part of me wants him to succeed...

No surpries really, could see it coming all season.

It's probly been asked before, but what sort of compensation are Geelong looking at?

I keep hearing Picks 11 and 18. Surely that's not right though.

i think its annoying because for years the cats protected ablett from the media and that sort of thing and they seemed from the outside to treat him well and his brother as well.

Ablett still doesnt front the media much and the cats look after him but he goes for the cash to be the face and leader of a club?

Just wouldnt of picked that a guy who is meant to be so private and shy would want to bother doing that. He also seemed to love being where his dad played just annoying the suns are able to buy the best

Dont like seeing any club in this sort of trouble,

Best of luck you guys get through this period as strong as you have been the past years.

Just like us, with our current financial trouble.

....I'm shattered Gary has left. It's been speculated for so long, but in the back of your mind you never want to believe it. I genuinely hoped he would stay with the Cats and finish a one club player. Unfortunately that isn't to be. It really is a sad day for football.

Agreed.

Gary handball junior is going to take off to the US to get away from all the media.

LOL.jpg

Cook and Darth Demetriou said:
Cook said that Geelong could not match the offer the Suns had put before Ablett.

"We felt there was a good chance he'd stay given our offer would have made him probably one of the top five paid players in the AFL," Cook said.

"We've probably been blown out of the water.

"Our offer's probably been doubled by the Gold Coast, which has made it pretty much impossible for us to keep him."

AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou, meanwhile, described the deal as "incomprehensible, completely exaggerated".

"Those sorts of numbers would be completely exaggerated because it is just incomprehensible under our salary-cap provisions for a player to be earning 25 per cent of the cap," Demetriou said.

"So I wouldn't give any credence or credibility to those numbers.

"They are completely, if it is true that he's going there, they are completely out of the ballpark."

So what is the deal, is it 9.5 million over 5 years? And if so then what is happening with the salary cap...

No, it is the where you finish the year you use them.

The stupid thing is that other than this year you have to nominate before the season starts that you will use them 7 months later.

The ultimate incentive for a club to tank a season. Nominate pre-season and then find a way to finsh bottom 4.

Luckily for the AFL we don't tank.

Damn us and our principles.

Dont like seeing any club in this sort of trouble,

Best of luck you guys get through this period as strong as you have been the past years.

Just like us, with our current financial trouble.

Whilst I appreciate the sentiment, don't worry about us. The sky isn't falling, we will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back