Bumped Ablett signs with Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

My whole point was that people said he WAS gone. They talked in defininitive terms.

No-one knew for sure. Unless you were in the room when he signed, people were just going on what the media-or other people -said. Not the most reliable of sources.

Forgive me if I give people benefit of the doubt- if I give a person a chance to defend the accusations before I throw mud. But you're right. I should have just pinged Ablett without evidence, and gone with the crowd. It would have been much easier to go with what everyone else thought. But I expected too much.

Don't worry. I will just not trust people from now on. If I am up for jury duty, I will believe the accused if guilty, even if there is no evidence to support it. I mean, they did it. Everyone says so. So, I shoudl realise that you are guilty (in the courtroom of public opinion) until proven innocent.

I just hope, that you are never being defended for a crime, while I am on the jury. You don't have a hope!

Not... Sure.... If Serious?

You realise this is... uh, illogical yes?

The whole concept of being tried before a court is the ability to have evidence provided for both sides; for and against.

You wouldn't have to blindly, irrationally follow what is said but rather you would consider the evidence provided and come to a logical conclusion.

So, what is being proposed by other posters is that they looked at the evidence that had been presented throughout the media and any other avenue they had available, came to a conclusion and stuck with it. That conclusion being Gaz was signing on with the Gold Coast.

I think you just completely misunderstood your analogy there.

Re: Ablett to sign with Gold Coast - announcement at 12:30PM

We'll agree to disagree. Not everyone would leave for money, especially when they're already superbly remunerated.

I know you would and Ablett did, but plenty wouldn't.

Mmmmm.

Someone on the first page mentioned poor strategic decision making.

So he's coined up for the next 5 years, all well and good, but what has this cost him in terms of the long-term opportunities and goodwill that the city of Geelong and the Geelong Football Club would otherwise have offered him ad infinitum?

He hardly seems like a Jim Hird type who could write his own ticket regardless.

Will regret this decision. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but some day.

Goodluck Gary
and thankyou.
He helped win us two premierships and gave us respectability.gary is leaving to a new club which is better than leaving us to some established club.He gave us the ultimate drought breaking premiership.
the GC suns are not going to be a threat to us which makes it a bit better.Ofcourse I'll prefer him to stay,but an offer you can not refuse is hard to refuse.
I'll rather dwell on all the things he has done for us.
I remember when Leigh Colbert left, I was angry as I think we just turned the corner as a club and he was the modern footballer we needed.Leaving us when the job was not done.

let us get over the money thing

he was not the only one who was offered overs
but was the only one who was not wanted by their club

and he approached them with the intention of going

gaz is not going for just the money
but what else gaz

Man i just can't think of Geelong without Gazza, even now i still think he is still a Geelong player, it still hasn't hit me yet that the reality is, it he is a Gold Coast player. BTW, a couple of hours ago, a car drove past my street with a couple of guys screaming out "F*** you Gary Ablett, F*** you Gary Ablett" was pretty displeasing.

This guy......this is not my kind of guy. Let's see how he does up there, without all of the assistance.

Goodluck Gary
and thankyou.
He helped win us two premierships and gave us respectability.gary is leaving to a new club which is better than leaving us to some established club.He gave us the ultimate drought breaking premiership.
the GC suns are not going to be a threat to us which makes it a bit better.Ofcourse I'll prefer him to stay,but an offer you can not refuse is hard to refuse.
I'll rather dwell on all the things he has done for us.
I remember when Leigh Colbert left, I was angry as I think we just turned the corner as a club and he was the modern footballer we needed.Leaving us when the job was not done.

That's a very good take.

Not... Sure.... If Serious?

You realise this is... uh, illogical yes?

The whole concept of being tried before a court is the ability to have evidence provided for both sides; for and against.

You wouldn't have to blindly, irrationally follow what is said but rather you would consider the evidence provided and come to a logical conclusion.

So, what is being proposed by other posters is that they looked at the evidence that had been presented throughout the media and any other avenue they had available, came to a conclusion and stuck with it. That conclusion being Gaz was signing on with the Gold Coast.

I think you just completely misunderstood your analogy there.

Nicely put Syphoncom. We're used to Hendo's bush lawyer posts here on this matter. When logical sequential thinking isn't your strong point and admitting an error is too difficult, you resort to attempting to defend the indefensible. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's harsh man. If you were in his position you would have done the exact same thing.
total crap

reiwolt could have done the same - he didn't
buddy could have gone - he didn't

neil mitchell could have gone - he didn't

sometimes people value those around them

Piss of he was already on great money down here. 900k a year + Benifits. How the hell would you feel if the pricks poached Goodes?

It would hurt sure.

But I'd take solace in the fact that the guy would be improving his quality of life and is being rewarded for all the great work he's done for my club.

Re: Ablett-Gold Coast Chatter continued

This. Had he made the announcement earlier it would have been easier to swallow, but it's just dragged on & on.

So he's not allowed to take as much time as he clearly needed to make, clearly, the biggest decision of his life (to date)?

Morons.

Personally I wish he didn't go, but he'd have been stupid not to take the money.

Mmmmm.

Someone on the first page mentioned poor strategic decision making.

So he's coined up for the next 5 years, all well and good, but what has this cost him in terms of the long-term opportunities and goodwill that the city of Geelong and the Geelong Football Club would otherwise have offered him ad infinitum?

He hardly seems like a Jim Hird type who could write his own ticket regardless.

Will regret this decision. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but some day.

I agree. Ablett will be a long time out of football and he could have been remembered in the same vain as a Hird, Voss, Robert Harvey, Ricciuto, etc, but he sold that chance down the drain by accepting gold coins.

His life, his choice, our memories.

He was the only one who really didn't need to go.

If it was Bartel you would understand more.

But if i was Bartel i would be pissed. Here is a team game, where all the team made sacrifices to keep everyone together. And as careers go into their final phase, the one who would earn heaps packs up and pisses off.

Re: Ablett-Gold Coast Chatter continued

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, just had to get that out of my system.

I agree. Ablett will be a long time out of football and he could have been remembered in the same vain as a Hird, Voss, Robert Harvey, Ricciuto, etc, but he sold that chance down the drain by accepting gold coins.

His life, his choice, our memories.

So he now will just be remembered in the same breath as Barassi, Lockett, Judd, Williams....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back