Bumped Ablett signs with Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 3AW just annoucned Gazza Gone - Will be annouced at 12pm

If it is true then we move on ! We will get some good draft picks and have more room in our salary cap. Exciting times ahead for the Cats. Keep your head up fellas !

too right! thanx for the memories gaz but next year beckons As i have always said Gazza leaving may be a blessing in disguise at this point in our cycle

but i'll miss the guy :(

Re: Ablett to sign with Gold Coast - announcement at midday

Would have loved him to stay a Cat but such is life. I think I would have gone with the money too. The only thing that has annoyed me is how this has been drawn out for so long.

He will always be a Geelong Champion, permiership player and Brownlow Medalist. So I am not going to bag him like other idiots in this thread. Good luck to him and when his career is over hopefully we will see back at the Cattery.

While i myself agree with your point of view, calling people "idiots" for having a different, passionate opinion is a tad harsh, especially for a mod...

as if you wouldn't take 1.9 million a year and live on the gold coast instead of geelong...
i know i would.

Thank god he is going to a shit club with no premiership chances in the near future, imagine if it was to a big Melbourne club.

While i myself agree with your point of view, calling people "idiots" for having a different, passionate opinion is a tad harsh, especially for a mod...

Look again.... :D

I am gutted as the next guy and it doesnt help the misses is going for the gc next year and a part of me wants Rooke to clean him up next year

If there is one thing we can be hopefull of people...its that he has a Son....i eargely await the beginning GARY ABLETT III. If Ablett 1.0 was great and 2.0 even better....how good will Ablett Version 3.0 be.

Would have loved him to stay a Cat but such is life. I think I would have gone with the money too. The only thing that has annoyed me is how this has been drawn out for so long.

He will always be a Geelong Champion, permiership player and Brownlow Medalist. So I am not going to bag him like other idiots in this thread. Good luck to him and when his career is over hopefully we will see back at the Cattery.
Good on you.:thumbsu:

Can't believe the meltdowns over this decision..:eek:

Ablett's name already removed from playing list on our website...

I know it has already been reported that at midday he is leaving but, just noticed then he is not on our playing list...

Not unexpected but still sad news.

If there is one thing we can be hopefull of people...its that he has a Son....i eargely await the beginning GARY ABLETT III. If Ablett 1.0 was great and 2.0 even better....how good will Ablett Version 3.0 be.

That is, unless he plays 100 games for GC.

Wouldn't bank on his offspring automatically wanting to come to Geelong in that instance.

I just hope Sarah Murdoch is announcing the signing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive moved past stage 2.5 of grief which was of course donuts, Ive now moved on to stage 2.7 which is what do I have for lunch. All this foot stamping at people is making me hungry.

Im looking forward to stage 3.2 this afternoon which is beer.

Just heard Cookie on SEN confirming that he's gone. Time to change the avatar. Think I'll go with Sofia Vergara...

All this talk of the money, i'm over it. We all might have taken the money if it were offered to us in the same position, but it doesn't mean our current employers and colleagues have to accept it nor like it. Especially if everyone was taking less, for the success of the team.

Decision he couldn't refuse is just rubbish.... money will never be his problem... he's a smart bloke, he can invest and make boatloads of money on either salary.

It's all in the way it happened as well, to me now, he's an opposition player in my 2nd most hated team. The past is not forgotten, but we don't have to like him one bit from here on. I go for the mighty cats and he chose he doesn't want to play with them anymore, so he turned his back on something i would kill to be able to do.

In the end a fresh start for everyone now will be great for the club, it's gives opportunities to another young bloke to step up.

Are the Cats going to organise something so that we may be able to say thanks for the memories, or something.....will he be allowed to be available at the Cats Family day... is there even one this year??? Any detials on when it is???

I totally blame the AFL here, there has been a lack of foward thinking into how their push to expand is going to hurt other clubs.

I understand they want GC to be succesful and are in many ways learning from the mistakes of Brisbane who really just got offered the teams off cuts but surely there is a better way to do this.

Giving a club enough money and large enough salary cap to be offering what is being reported was always going to mean a club was going to end up with their heart broken. There should have been some sort of clause where each team could have 3 "untouchable" players that the GC could not touch or something. The way they are running the expansion stinks of robbing Peter to pay Paul.

1252320577971.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back