List Mgmt. Ablett to move to Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: "Ablett Has Made Up His Mind" says Bomber

Look, it's $7.5 million over 5 years. You really cannot turn that down!! Plus it puts him at the top of all domestic footballers in Australia of any code, making him something like Australia's version of LeBron James in that he would be the face of the AFL and an absolute superstar

He's done everything that the GFC could have asked for: 3 time AFL MVP, 1 Brownlow, 2 premierships, 2 night premierships, 1 VFL premiership

I am absolutely fine with Gary going to the Gold Coast, and I think Bomber needs to get over it. If anything he is adding to the fire

Now Vlad has bought into this publicly...strange!! Feeling guilty, maybe?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/90916/default.aspx

"AFL CEO Andrew Demetriou isn't sure whether Geelong champion Gary Ablett will head to the Gold Coast, but says history is in the Cats' favour to keep the Brownlow medallist."

Look, it's $7.5 million over 5 years. You really cannot turn that down!! Plus it puts him at the top of all domestic footballers in Australia of any code, making him something like Australia's version of LeBron James in that he would be the face of the AFL and an absolute superstar

He's done everything that the GFC could have asked for: 3 time AFL MVP, 1 Brownlow, 2 premierships, 2 night premierships, 1 VFL premiership

I am absolutely fine with Gary going to the Gold Coast, and I think Bomber needs to get over it. If anything he is adding to the fire

With the Cotton On deal plus other Geelong businesses lining up apparently what would Gary get over 5 years at Geelong?

What happens to Gary's name if he stays and we get the World Cup bid?

The GFC did everything for Gary that he could have asked for and more for his family over 20 years.

I reckon it works both ways mate just as easily.

Now Vlad has bought into this publicly...strange!! Feeling guilty, maybe?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/90916/default.aspx

"AFL CEO Andrew Demetriou isn't sure whether Geelong champion Gary Ablett will head to the Gold Coast, but says history is in the Cats' favour to keep the Brownlow medallist."

the afl is the architect of the gc team

when pickers needs a hand, as the media pressure is on gaz he steps in to lend a hand

that article was lols

yep, he won the premierships by himself

and as for brownlows, if ling and co didn't do the hard yards he would not be in a position to dominate games

he is no carey senior or brereton

Maybe we can help the club this week.

I hate the boo. Hate it, but maybe a boo will get to the boy

Yay.

Another Ablett thread.

He better not screw my Supercoach Team over.

Hmm, part of me is worried all this speculation will affect his performance and thinks I should swap him out for Sel

Don't do it. It's undignified and helps our opponents.

I wouldn't be suprised if opposition supporters were booing him on their own accord.

Not many people would like the leagues best player walking out on their club to chase money. Booing may be something we hear a lot of this season.

Don't do it. It's undignified and helps our opponents.

It's ****ing stupid is what it is.

Maybe all this talk will force Gary's hand. It would be nice to end the speculation. Or, maybe it's just Bomber's way of getting him fired up for Essendon. I don't know. A bit over it.

yep, he won the premierships by himself

and as for brownlows, if ling and co didn't do the hard yards he would not be in a position to dominate games

he is no carey senior or brereton

The reason we put the hard yards in to protect him and set him up is because he is the best player in the comp. It sucks that our club has been put in this position but save your criticism of Ablett until he announces his decision. Deep down I'm sure he wants to stay but is rightfully exploring how far Geelong can go to meet GC's offer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have thought about this and i really dont want Gaz to stay, because we will be spending to much money on him and could lose other players like selwood, hawkins, Chappy, Enright etc...geelong are bigger then one player (even ablett)

I LOVE YA GAZ
but

I LOVE THE CATS MORE.....

Let him go, he will never be the same at the gc, and we will always be a great team with pride.

Bring on next year... Ling tags Ablett at Skilled (what a game that would be) lol

Even though I think he will end up staying, I am actually leaning more in your direction, where I'm getting to the stage where I want him to go.

I have been watching this and hoping that I will wake up and it'll all have been a bad dream...but the longer this goes on and the more of a distraction it becomes, the more I just wish he would get on with it.

After the GF I was really really worried that he would go but now I have had enough. If he wants to go get on with it and let us concentrate on those that want to stay.....If I was in Selwood's position I would be getting more and more pissed with Jnr as it is affecting his position. It is obvious he dearly wants to keep the group together, but it seems to me that Jnr wants it both ways.

If he had come out months ago and said, look I have to go, thanks for all your support but this is a chance I can't refuse, I would have hated it but repected him for it. If he stays now there is always going to be debate now that he wanted to go but didn't for one reason or another...so his loyalty is always going to come into question....because if he was always going to stay why didn't he come out and say it before it could disrupt the clubs season...

So Jnr if your staying why haven't you told us??? I know we are mere supporters but surely we deserve more than all this rumour and innuendo.

Sorry I should have rephased that! I heard it on the radio this morning...no idea how true it is....sorry...am just a bit frustrated by the whole thing...

Sorry what has been in the papers...that they split up because Gary is leaving? If that is the case then the whole debate is pointless.:confused:

Sorry I should have rephased that! I heard it on the radio this morning...no idea how true it is....sorry...am just a bit frustrated by the whole thing...

Sorry what has been in the papers...that they split up because Gary is leaving? If that is the case then the whole debate is pointless.:confused:
I have heard a rumour from a couple of decent sources now that they broke up for more 'complicated' reasons than that. Actually, the circumstances behind it may be a factor in Ablett wanting to leave.

This whole issue has really reminded me of one thing. I support the club and the jumper and whomever happens to be wearing it at the time. You can stay or go Gaz I really don't give a toss anymore.

I have heard a rumour from a couple of decent sources now that they broke up for more 'complicated' reasons than that. Actually, the circumstances behind it may be a factor in Ablett wanting to leave.

Normally a fair bit of what we hear in the media is BS, but it wouldn't surprise me if there's some truth to that.

No specific reason, just a feeling.

This whole issue has really reminded me of one thing. I support the club and the jumper and whomever happens to be wearing it at the time. You can stay or go Gaz I really don't give a toss anymore.

This is how I now feel. I support the club.

He'll make a decision and either way the club will come out of it stronger, because thats what we now do best.

Normally a fair bit of what we hear in the media is BS, but it wouldn't surprise me if there's some truth to that.

No specific reason, just a feeling.
This wasn't in the media. I have heard this from two personal sources. I am surprised, however, that it hasn't been in the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back