List Mgmt. Ablett to move to Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO Ablett made an agreement with GC17 last year

Its the only reasonable conclusion you can come too

Anyone with TEAM FOCUS would have re signed by now

Its what BOMBER has been hinting at (Selwood etc)

Like Father Like Sons team focus isnt the Ablett strongpoint

Thanks for the revelations. This thread needed another baseless opinion.

May as well lock the thread Mods,we've been officially told he's gone.

:rolleyes:

Some people are getting a bit precious about this.

To be fair, he did preface it with 'IMO', and it is a 'reasonable conclusion' to draw from the few available facts.

People who can't see that are in a certain amount of denial, IMO.

I will say this once more and once more only, Ablett has already told the players and coach that he is leaving and he will announce it after his contract with Geelong expires. Travis Boak has already committed to Geelong which will be determined with a three way settlement between Geelong, GC and Port. Say what u must but that is what's happening

I will say this once more and once more only, Ablett has already told the players and coach that he is leaving and he will announce it after his contract with Geelong expires. Travis Boak has already committed to Geelong which will be determined with a three way settlement between Geelong, GC and Port. Say what u must but that is what's happening

While I am not going to debate whether your info is correct or not, i do maintain that it would be ridiculous to believe that Geelong hasnt got a solid plan in place in the event that Gaz tells them he is off, if he hasnt told them already.

Did the vibe tell you this or an actual person?

And when was the first time that you said it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And when was the first time that you said it?

In a thread about a month ago on the Geelong board. I can also add more info on the stokes drug scandal. If u want to no more PM me

So hey let me get this right, GC are going to trade for Boak for us when they could just take Ablett for nothing - well nothing in the sense that it would be no cost to them, just extra picks the AFL invent as compensation. Somehow I don't think so.

So hey let me get this right, GC are going to trade for Boak for us when they could just take Ablett for nothing - well nothing in the sense that it would be no cost to them, just extra picks the AFL invent as compensation. Somehow I don't think so.

I think he meant that Ablett goes to GC, Boak comes here and some picks go to Port.

But of course we won't receive enough picks, and they won't be til 2012, so I don't believe this either.

The return of TMA ? :eek:

This is the bit I'm struggling with. Unless something has changed @ Port , they have never seemed to be a club happy when Vics say byebye. So why would they suddenly be all grown up as to workout out a deal midseason.The only thing I could guess at is our deal is better than what they would get from GC.

As to whether GA has told the players&club , I don't think this is so much of a leap. It certainly would explain Bombers less than flattering recent comments.

Does anyone really believe, in this day and age, and with the footy media prepared to knife their own grandmother to get the exclusive, that Gary has told the coaching staff and the playing group something and it somehow HASN'T leaked out via a spouse / partner / casual shag / au pair / drunken outburst?

Can't say I'd ever pinned Geelong as being a city where secrets could be kept longer than a couple of hours.

This is the bit I'm struggling with. Unless something has changed @ Port , they have never seemed to be a club happy when Vics say byebye. So why would they suddenly be all grown up as to workout out a deal midseason.The only thing I could guess at is our deal is better than what they would get from GC.

As to whether GA has told the players&club , I don't think this is so much of a leap. It certainly would explain Bombers less than flattering recent comments.

Being stuffed about by being left hanging in the breeze is what is more likely to be irking Bomber and the club – and rightly so. The conjecture about trade discussions is fantasy.

Being stuffed about by being left hanging in the breeze is what is more likely to be irking Bomber and the club – and rightly so. The conjecture about trade discussions is fantasy.

I agree , its far more likely that this is the case but being annoyed and venting that to the media?Bombers been a coach for ten years , and he has had plenty of practice of holding it back for a behind doors comment.
Also WC said whispers in Geelong , if he did tell someone at the club , it would leak and probably at the most inopportune time.

Does anyone really believe, in this day and age, and with the footy media prepared to knife their own grandmother to get the exclusive, that Gary has told the coaching staff and the playing group something and it somehow HASN'T leaked out via a spouse / partner / casual shag / au pair / drunken outburst?

No - and thats why anyone who thinks they 'know' that he's going are full of it. It's all opinions and theory (and thats fine) - just don't pretend that you know it's a fact. Yes moondog21 - either you are making your story up or the guy who told you is full of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back