List Mgmt. Ablett to move to Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny how a lot of people say that Gazza should just accept whatever Geelong offer him, and that Gary shouldn't try to get a pay rise in his workplace, and yet a lot of you bitch and moan about how you don't get paid enough at your work, and that your boss owes you. What's the difference?

I assume they are talking about Junior and not Senior as I have noticed Gary has gone to most games. At first I thought he was there to watch Nathan but he didn't even play today. Its not a good look. Its not like the games are just down the road either it was in the Gold Coast.

With the likes of AFL legend Gary Ablett, former Dockers and Essendon defender Dean Solomon and Kangaroos ruckman David Hale looking on, Hunt spent all of his game-time shadowing Frankston full forward Luke Clark, who is one centimetre taller and five kilograms heavier than the former Bronco.
Source: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...-without-kicking/story-e6frf9jf-1225884670675

I assume they are talking about Junior and not Senior as I have noticed Gary has gone to most games. At first I thought he was there to watch Nathan but he didn't even play today. Its not a good look. Its not like the games are just down the road either it was in the Gold Coast.

Oh Dear !

Not a good sign at all :eek:

I dont believe this story for one reason and one reason only.

The game was in Broadbeach. So Gary has flown up after last nights game to watch a VFL match??? As i said, dont think so. But yep, if that is the case thats so disrespectful to the GFC and if i were Bomber i'd drop him. We cant have players flying up to the GC to watch a casual game the day after a grueling wet weather slog in Melbourne.

gb:eek:

i can't be arsed reading back so i'll go by the last post.

sports tonight just showed gary snr was at the game. funny that, cause it was completely logical for jr to fly up on what was most likely a recovery day.

A lot of you posters disgust me! How dare most of you speak as if you know what will happen. You don't know his mind. You don't know his situation. You only know what the media CHOOSE to tell you. Wake up. Stop being sheep and believe everything the lying media tell you.

True Geelong fans should want Ablett to stay. True Geelong fans would care about what palyers go through, as off-field things can affect on-field. All a lot of you are angry about is that he didn't sign when YOU want him too.

You don't want to hear constant speculation, then don't listen to the media. I don't want Boak or Dangerfield (and yeah, that makes real sense, getting rid of one player to free up the salary cap, and then getting two other guys who will want to be paid more). I would rather have Gary Ablett Jr play for us than Boak and Dangerfield, any day of the week.

I believe that Gary Ablett will end up staying. He says in the paper this morning about being a "mad Cats fan" and "had followed Geelong all his life". Someone who is those things won't just leave because of money. The money GC has offered him has got him thinking (and don't tell me that if you were offered that, you wouldn't think of leaving your workplace as well), but I believe that his loyalty (and until he actually leaves, he hasn't actually shown disloyalty so far) and love of the club will keep them there.

Maybe I am naive. Maybe I am wrong. I don't know. Nobody does. If I am wrong, then feel free to tell me "I told you so" (however, if you are a true Geelong supporter, you would be too busy upset about losing a champion, rather than to gloat). However, if I am right, I will be one here telling a few of you "I told you so". I may even create a thread where you could apologise for ever doubting Ablett.

I also hope all these people calling for Geelong to get rid of Ablett NOW, and focus on getting Boak, Dangerfield, or anything else, then tear up their membership if Ablett re-signs, since you have proven you don't want him there. Stand by your convictions, or admit you were wrong. If someone like you have described Ablett as being ("selfish, disloyal" etc), then pretend like you are happy he stays, then you are a hypocrite, and I don't want supporters like that following the same club as me. I wasn't happy to see Brent Prismall or Shane Mumford leave, so why would I want to get rid of Gary Ablett? And why would you want to?

Just think about this. Ablett was our leading goalkicker Friday night. Imagine if he had not kicked those two of our six goals?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Why do you assume it was Junior? How do you know? Maybe you just WANT to believe it is Juniour, because that is how the media presented it. It could have been his father, you know. Maybe he was at the Coast, visiting his son, Nathan (as oppossed to living up there, like that nuff-nuff Mark Robinson said). No crime against that. Oh no, Gary Snr was up at the Gold Coast. That can mean only one thing. It can't mean that he is visiting his OTHER son, who lives up there. It must mean that Gary Jnr MUST be playing for them next year. There is NO other explanation.

They should send news reports. Instead of "Shark spotted around Gold Coast beach", it should be "Ablett spotted around Gold Coast beach".

It's no wonder the Nazis had a big following. Just like Hitler and Gobbells hoodwinked Germany, the footy media have pulled the wool over the eyes of the gullible masses, who believe that every word they print or say is gospel. I can't beleive so many people can be so stupid.

I still can't believe this Geelong supporting son of a gun and likely legend himself will leave, BUT, if he does, wonder if he signs for 3 years, sets himself up financially, and returns home 2014 to complete his career as our FF. Who would welcome that? I would. We must have some sort of Ablett factor at Geelong. Between snr. retiring and jnr. starting, how many years ABLETT hiatus did we endure, and how successful were we?

Without knowing, I'd guess those were very lean years for us. We need an eternal supply of Ablett factor at Geelong.

DH , love the passion but I'd be a little careful about telling others about being "real" supporters. Just because some have judged or decided to believe something that seems quite logical , that in fact many football people say the indicators are that ist not looking good .GA is a Champion player ,but before that, he is a Geelong Champion player. I wouldn't feel the same about him if he played for the Dogs or the Crows. That he is a player at out club that makes him special to me.

As far as some followers on this board expressing their disdain for him purely because he hasn't decided to remain here...Loyalty is most revered in time of duress , and extreme times can create extreme reactions. McCarthyism shows what can happen in a hyped climate , even being associated with certain places and people can make some people question loyalties.It can lead to the simplest of acts being questioned.

For me its a professional situation , Im sure he will play with the utmost loyalty for the rest of this year , and what happens next year will take care of itself. But for some , and I understand the way they may feel , to dally ,to take one's time , to even talk with another team is a betrayal.

Traditional clubs are under siege from these interlopers , we are helpless and to see one of our greatest ever players even debating whether to stay or go , is painful. To cope with this, its natural to contemplate what we may do , if the worst happens.

We are all different and how we handle duress is different. Like when a family member does something which can have a destructive effect on the others , reactions will vary. Some times families will embrace the offender, other-times they will ostracise. If GA left Im sure there would be some who would clap him remember him us a Cat Champ, while plenty would boo him because that was yesterday etc. As I said we are all different , and inspite of these differences we can still all be REAL supporters of Geelong Football Club

Hi guys,just dropped in, sorry about this but my son was playing footy at the kardinia west oval on saturday and my husband was goaly. I was standing next to him and could clearly see the carpack outside the cats at the new priemership stand. Saw a lot of players coming and going and suprise, gaz got out of a car with three others, was at about 11am,sure it was him was a bit far away but woudl bet my life it was him,wasnt chappy !! thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DH , love the passion but I'd be a little careful about telling others about being "real" supporters. Just because some have judged or decided to believe something that seems quite logical , that in fact many football people say the indicators are that ist not looking good .GA is a Champion player ,but before that, he is a Geelong Champion player. I wouldn't feel the same about him if he played for the Dogs or the Crows. That he is a player at out club that makes him special to me.

As far as some followers on this board expressing their disdain for him purely because he hasn't decided to remain here...Loyalty is most revered in time of duress , and extreme times can create extreme reactions. McCarthyism shows what can happen in a hyped climate , even being associated with certain places and people can make some people question loyalties.It can lead to the simplest of acts being questioned.

For me its a professional situation , Im sure he will play with the utmost loyalty for the rest of this year , and what happens next year will take care of itself. But for some , and I understand the way they may feel , to dally ,to take one's time , to even talk with another team is a betrayal.

Traditional clubs are under siege from these interlopers , we are helpless and to see one of our greatest ever players even debating whether to stay or go , is painful. To cope with this, its natural to contemplate what we may do , if the worst happens.

We are all different and how we handle duress is different. Like when a family member does something which can have a destructive effect on the others , reactions will vary. Some times families will embrace the offender, other-times they will ostracise. If GA left Im sure there would be some who would clap him remember him us a Cat Champ, while plenty would boo him because that was yesterday etc. As I said we are all different , and inspite of these differences we can still all be REAL supporters of Geelong Football Club
Nice points. Specially your last paragraph. I don't know how to highlight! My mate, who has been going with me and our families to games for years, is exasperated by my neurotic support of Geelong, despite our amazing success, I just can't see past each week or each loss against a rival. He cajoles, tolerates and supports, knowing that in areas of his life, I am there to do the same for him. That's what it's all about. Negative supporters come on this board not to antagonize, but to express. Some here would prefer I said nothing, but alas, that's what it's all about.

Not every supporter supports the same way, obviously, and not all reactions to jnr.'s decision will be positive, I agree we are ALL supporters nevertheless.

FWIW, my kids are not genetically afflicted with this , and my brother, who got me onto BF, saying it needed my input, is the eternal optimist

It's frustrating reading what he wrote in the paper about how he lived and breathed Geelong growing up. Always around the club, having favourite players that used to be happy to have a kick around with him... Not wanting to go on holidays with his Mum because he didn't want to miss Dad's/Geelong's games etc.

I personally just struggle to comprehend how you can write to this effect yet consider giving away the team that he grew up with. Yes money talks, but to be truly satisfied at the end of life you have to give considerable consideration to the emotional side of it!

Hi guys,just dropped in, sorry about this but my son was playing footy at the kardinia west oval on saturday and my husband was goaly. I was standing next to him and could clearly see the carpack outside the cats at the new priemership stand. Saw a lot of players coming and going and suprise, gaz got out of a car with three others, was at about 11am,sure it was him was a bit far away but woudl bet my life it was him,wasnt chappy !! thoughts?

Ummm he was probably there to do his recovery session???

What are you on about?

Catweazel's point is that Gaz jnr wasn't on the Gold Coast as some have reported.

Senior, on the other hand...

A CROWD of about 4000 -- including AFL legend Gary Ablett, snr -- crammed in to see Karmichael Hunt play his first game as the Gold Coast Football Club enjoyed a strong win over Frankston in the VFL today.

Link

For me its a professional situation , Im sure he will play with the utmost loyalty for the rest of this year , and what happens next year will take care of itself. But for some , and I understand the way they may feel ,to dally ,to take one's time , to even talk with another team is a betrayal.

An interesting characterisation in bold, Turbo.

Of the many Cats people I’ve discussed the Ablett saga with and who believe he’s leaving, not one considers it disloyal for him to look at his options or, for that matter, to take the bigger bucks if that’s where his priorities lie. Not one. That would be immature.

Nor is there any issue about him taking a reasonable amount of time to think it through. I’d suggest , however, only the Gaz-right-or-wrong crew would consider around twelve months a ”reasonable” time for a mature guy, with a record of making sound business decisions, to”decide” this matter.

My issue from the getgo has not been about Gaz leaving, it’s that he has selfishly kept the club hanging in the breeze for so long because of a concern about the reaction of the club and its supporters to an adverse outcome. Around twelve months is unreasonable by any football or business standards. More particularly, as I believe he’s known for quite some time where he’ll be playing in 2011. I understand that is a step further than most here would go.

BTW. What’s happened to The Mighty Achilles? I wonder what his current inside information is. There was the “he’s definitely going” phase. Then there was the “he’s unsure and reconsidering phase”. Followed by the “he’s changed his mind and he’s definitely staying” phase. What’s the latest inside info TMA?

BTW. What’s happened to The Mighty Achilles? I wonder what his current inside information is. There was the “he’s definitely going” phase. Then there was the “he’s unsure and reconsidering phase”. Followed by the “he’s changed his mind and he’s definitely staying” phase. What’s the latest inside info TMA?
He banned himself from the Geelong board for making the incorrect statement that David Hille would appear on the Footy Show one Thursday night to come out of the closet.

For anyone who missed the Ablett show in the HS today, firstly.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/dad-was-greatest-in-games-history/story-e6frf9jf-1225884682845

To the comparison between Snr and Jnr Geelong side eras.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/kids-by-40-points-gary-ablett-jnr/story-e6frf9jf-1225884748690

Is this merely drumming up business for a new internet family venture?
I am sure young Gary enjoyed writing the articles nonetheless.

To the HS at their best with McKenna now confident he will go, where a link has already been provided in this forum but here it is again.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...oach-guy-mckenna/story-e6frf9jf-1225884940034

Basically, this is a complete mess for Gary now however it turns out.
Fortunately he will be a wealthy person whatever he decides.

It does make you appreciate the influence of the Ablett family over the years and we should all be grateful for that. I just wish occasionally the Abletts would consider taking sound advice from smart football people; Blight excepted.

McKena was quoted as quoted in "The Age" as saying-

Pickering phoned them on the day they were in Queensland and they met on that day and put their offer to him. This means they must have orchestrated the meeting
(Pickering has said all along that they met by accident) :mad:
What we now know is that we were lied to and that Pickering can not be trusted

That the team would be ready to challenge for the premiership within 5 years.
Iff Gary is close to 27 years old that means he would by 32 at the time if he is still there.

They have offered him a leadership role which he has anyway.

The point in red is the MOST annoying one as I feel we have been let down.

Anyone know what the father son rule is if junior does to GC, is it based on games played or the last club played for? Losing junior if one thing but losing the football genes forever is another!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back