List Mgmt. Ablett to move to Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it seems far fetched - but imagine if ling retired and Ablett was offered the captaincy - and a better offer (as we unload a few players) - and he announced he would stay !!!

That would really make a lot of people very happy and we can rebuild for another tilt in a year or two.

Please, please Brian Cook and Costa - work your magic.

If he comes back from his 5 day "decision making" holiday, and delays again due to the GF draw, we should pull our offer off the table.

Decisions re real estate purchases are a piece of cake to Gaz. No probs there! When he's cleared his last formal commitment with the club on Thursday all the year long confused state of mind re his playing future may, could, possibly, perhaps........ suddenly dissipate and all will become clear to him. Maybe!!!!!

To all you conspiracy theorists who said that GC is holding off annoucing getting Ablett until after the GF, via directions from the AFL, what does the drawn Grand Final mean to this?

Will they have to hold off another week, when trade period is Monday week?

Or will Ablett make his final decision this week, to let Geelong know what is happening in regards to planning trade period and delistings?

You seem to be accruing a succession of red and yellow cards Hendo. Maybe a Bex and a good lie down would be in order.:eek:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Only one red and yellow card in the last year. I am on my best behaviour at the moment. Besides, some people don't have a sense of humour, and ask for me to be modded instead.

Geniuses are never appreciated!

What's with it? Lol.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Explain?

Senior...greatest player ever, but played for himself only. Retired once mid-career. When he finally did retire, denied fans who paid his wages the opportunity to farewell him.
Nathan walked away at the beginning if what could have Bern an exemplary career.

Senior...greatest player ever, but played for himself only. Retired once mid-career. When he finally did retire, denied fans who paid his wages the opportunity to farewell him.
Nathan walked away at the beginning if what could have Bern an exemplary career.

And that Bastard Geoff player for Hawthorn... :thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is the document Gary is holding? http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/gallery-e6frf9o6-1225928562696?page=6

A bit weird he is turning up to the club to pick up something like this up, unless he is staying?

The printing below on that 'Geelong Cats' binder document, rotated and enlarged - the last word is begin. I'm guessing from their shape, the other words are something like, 'Where dreams (begin)'. That would suggest the possibility it was a club offer/ proposal he was carrying.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Played for himself? How many goals did Senior kick that won GEELONG games? Geelong benefitted from his goal-kicking, and how his spectacular abilities drew people to Geelong games, who wouldn't have gone otherwise.

He didn't deny a farewell game. It was denied for him by that ****, Gary Ayres. Ayres just cut our players and threw them out of the club. I suppouse you will be saying that Mark Bairstow, Paul Couch and Billy Brownless were selfish too, because they didn't get farewell games either. Blame Ayres for being such a prick as to not give our players send-offs.

In fact, when Mark Thompson got to the club, he made sure to give Garry Hocking a farewell game, because "Geelong hadn't been good at that in the past few years".

Nathan, I agree with.

How many games has both Ablett senior and junior been our only good player in our losses? While in losses, some of the team-mates went missing, they would usually keep us in games. I would put it to you that they were selfless, and often made an effort when others wouldn't (like Steve Johnson or Tom Hawkins fail in many of our losses).

Ablett junior was our best player by far in our Round 3 loss, and it certainly wasn't his fault that Geelong didn't win the 2008 flag.

gazza's regular comments in the hun were not present today
he must be thinking hard

I thought he was away, so he didn't write one.

Besides, his column may have got squeezed out anyway, to put more post-Grand Final coverage.

Just got word from my "sources" that Gary Ablett will announce this week he has signed a 5-year multi-million-dollar deal with the Geelong Football Club, and will announce it at the Carji Greeves Medal night this Thursday.

There, there's your answer. If you have any doubts, I can inform you that my "sources" are as reliable as Mike Sheahan or Caroline Wilson's sources.

If he goes, and it looks like he will do, I will boo him when I see him in opposition colours. I don't care that this whole issue is the AFL's doing or that the money would be a huge incentive. This long period of non-announcement has been a huge distraction for the club.

From what I've been told today in Geelong, IF Gary does leave, it is NOT for $$reasons, which I had always suspected. Definitely family reasons, Nathan in particular, and that is Gary's main concern, Nathan's emotional welfare. Can't elaborate on that but that may be the cause for deliberation.

FWIW, I totally believe it.

From what I've been told today in Geelong, IF Gary does leave, it is NOT for $$reasons, which I had always suspected. Definitely family reasons, Nathan in particular, and that is Gary's main concern, Nathan's emotional welfare. Can't elaborate on that but that is the cause for deliberation.

FWIW, I totally believe it.

Get a new source cos it's absolute crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back