Review Abysmal Dogs Lose To Port 102-54

Remove this Banner Ad

Gutless. Soft. Inept. Clueless. Mentally and physically inept. Cowardly.

Done with them.

Yet again will hope for change, hope for a harder more ruthless edge, but won't get it.

But hey, we'll get some glib explanations for this of course and some edgy social media content and that'll feed the chooks, right? 🙄

Edit: Mentioned inept twice, but with good reason.

Last edited:
The Tim English experiment was over years ago but when it comes to making big decisions, this club is laggard.

Anyone could see that he didn’t have the physical intensity (in colloquial terms we’d say “pea heart”) back then, even I was holding out hope that he’d break out of it but it’s just who he is.

Tim English, 17 disposals, 2 goals, 24 hitouts, 131 Fantasy point (3rd on ground).
All those with him in their fantasy teams will be singing his praises again.

We cannot compete at the pointy end with him as our first ruck. The last time this team looked decent on a consistent basis was in 2021 when Bevo realised he can’t cut it in there but could be valuable except now we have Lobb and Darcy for that role.

I’m not sure what Jamarra thinks being a good teammate is, but it’s not what he’s doing. Poor efforts, complaining to teammates, missing ****ing simple set shots but it’s apparently someone else’s fault. It’s like watching an under 12 go about it, it’s pathetic.

But special consideration for the MC and our coaching group. Rozee 18 touches to quarter time, by which time the game is almost out of reach. McNeil selected when he is nowhere near an AFL calibre player. Freijah sub when he might be one of our most consistent, particularly given his age and experience. They’ll trot out injuries as an issue, no doubt they are, but to continually make ****ups like these and put the team in a poorer position to win is negligent.

Same old shit. This has been a difficult team to follow for going on three years now and something fundamental needs to change.

The Tim English experiment was over years ago but when it comes to making big decisions, this club is laggard.

Anyone could see that he didn’t have the physical intensity (in colloquial terms we’d say “pea heart”) back then, even I was holding out hope that he’d break out of it but it’s just who he is.

We need to get Timmy diagnosed with Adhd and get him on the dexxies.

Bit of discussion on Sanders in the game day thread.

I’m not bagging him but I agree with others that I don’t see a heap of elite traits for someone selected at pick 6. Hope he goes on to become a great player, but I certainly understand people’s concerns.

It will be an interesting watch.

I've been happy enough with him. He still looks like a guy who hasn't got used to the speed and handballs too often. We'll know more about him when he realises that he has more time and learns to run and carry. Think he'll be a good player.

Do I wish we still had a first round pick when we're a decent chance at a bottom 7 finish? Probably. But that's not his fault. Feels weird to be the only team that didn't push Gold Coast over in a trade

It will be an interesting watch.

I've been happy enough with him. He still looks like a guy who hasn't got used to the speed and handballs too often. We'll know more about him when he realises that he has more time and learns to run and carry. Think he'll be a good player.

Do I wish we still had a first round pick when we're a decent chance at a bottom 7 finish? Probably. But that's not his fault. Feels weird to be the only team that didn't push Gold Coast over in a trade
This is the worry for me he’s fine but for what we gave up I’m not seeing anything better or different to say a Garcia type

Im not gonna freak out over that loss. Other than Treloar battling away our other starting mids didn't fire a shot all day. Given they've absolutely carried this side all year, it was only a matter of time 'til they had an off day and that just happened to coincide with a team that when firing can cover the ground quickly and understand how to get forward of the ball.

This exposed the next tier of players for their inexperience and inability to guard their opponents who had full reign to do as they pleased through the middle of the ground. This had a knock on effect right across the board. It absolutely torched what was the most inexperienced defence we've had all year. It also made our forward entries look as bad as they ever have and thats saying something. As bad as all that was I lost count of the times all our players hot potatoed the ball to a teammate in an infinitely worse position only for that player to be immediately tackled, at their feet or just missed them completely by hand or foot.

This is why only imbeciles rate this list as one belonging in the top 4. It's great on its day when things are on its terms. But its also prone to losing all composure and stinking it up worse than a babies arse when its not.

Thats our team.

That wasn't ideal.

Just didn't have a winner anywhere on the park it felt like.

Lobb was decent, Treloar clearly our best, that's about it.

Most people questioning him simply said that it looks like a bad list management decision. Heroes then start bagging people for legitimately questioning his recruitment so those questioning him feel the need to expand further and point out his specific
flaws…….it then turns into a sh*tfight and so called pile-on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not bagging him but I agree with others that I don’t see a heap of elite traits for someone selected at pick 6. Hope he goes on to become a great player, but I certainly understand people’s concerns.

Careful you can’t make comments on him around these parts

Im not gonna freak out over that loss. Other than Treloar battling away our other starting mids didn't fire a shot all day. Given they've absolutely carried this side all year, it was only a matter of time 'til they had an off day and that just happened to coincide with a team that when firing can cover the ground quickly and understand how to get forward of the ball.

This exposed the next tier of players for their inexperience and inability to guard their opponents who had full reign to do as they pleased through the middle of the ground. This had a knock on effect right across the board. It absolutely torched what was the most inexperienced defence we've had all year. It also made our forward entries look like as bad as they ever have and thats saying something. As bad as all that was I lost count of the times our players hot potatoed the ball to a teammate in an infinitely worse position only for that player to be immediately tackled, at their feet or just missed them completely by hand or foot.

This is why only imbeciles rate this list as one belonging in the top 4. It's great on its day when things are on its terms. But its also prone to losing all composure and stinking it up worse than a babies arse when its not.

Thats our team.

I don’t necessarily disagree. But to have such a gap between our best and worst performances point to issues with attitude, preparation and leadership (on and off the field) - and therefore the coaching group as a whole. It’s not a young list, so despite its gaps it should be better than what was dished up today. That was embarrassing.

Worst performance of the year by a mile.

I'd give passes to treloar, libba and lobb. Bont probably too. That's it.

How many times do we need to play vdm, Gallagher, mcneil and even buku to know they are not up to it. Play Daniel, harmes, Garcia and buss today, we wouldn't have won but would have been a lot better.

English being embarrassed by sweet was my final straw, if he seriously is demanding close to $1m a year, let him walk, keep lobb and trade in a battler type like sweet.

If naughton wasn't out next week I'd drop marra too. He's been awful for weeks.

Disgusting day all round.

We are clearly a confidence team. If we start slow out of the blocks we drop our heads and don’t run hard enough. We are classic downhill skiers. The first 10 mins of a match dictates whether we are on or not - we dont seem to work our way back into matches anymore. Sooo frustrating.

Sanders decision making was poor today, but he looked composed and made good decisions earlier in the year, so i put that down to confidence and experience.

His elite trait is accumulation, reading the play, smarts, from all ive seen he is going to get lots of it.

As he is 'just' quick enough and shortish, he needs to become super strong through the core, and be a little wrecking ball accumulator who can also hurt you on the outside. Dion Prestia or like i would be happy with.

In saying all this i agree it does look like weve paid a little too much at this stage, and would love to be able to bottom out from here and get another good mid with our first

We cannot compete at the pointy end with him as our first ruck. The last time this team looked decent on a consistent basis was in 2021 when Bevo realised he can’t cut it in there but could be valuable except now we have Lobb and Darcy for that role.

I’m not sure what Jamarra thinks being a good teammate is, but it’s not what he’s doing. Poor efforts, complaining to teammates, missing ****ing simple set shots but it’s apparently someone else’s fault. It’s like watching an under 12 go about it, it’s pathetic.

But special consideration for the MC and our coaching group. Rozee 18 touches to quarter time, by which time the game is almost out of reach. McNeil selected when he is nowhere near an AFL calibre player. Freijah sub when he might be one of our most consistent, particularly given his age and experience. They’ll trot out injuries as an issue, no doubt they are, but to continually make ****ups like these and put the team in a poorer position to win is negligent.

Same old shit. This has been a difficult team to follow for going on three years now and something fundamental needs to change.
the coach for starters

Really thought JUH would overtake Naughton as our best forward, but he’s been out of form for a while now.

We are going to struggle next week without Naughton and if Jones misses again we’ll be without our 4 first choice key defenders against Curnow and McKay. Should be fun.
Once a commentator pointed out his propensity for going for marks one handed a few weeks ago, you can't un-see it. He was even doing it when out of position and flying for chest marks. That he eventually got one and then missed a relatively easy shot shouldn't encourage him to keep doing it. He needs to eradicate this from his game pronto. I dont care if he does it at Footscray or with the Bulldogs. Just as long as he does it.

Whilst on the subject of JUH. He's prone to voicing his frustrations at teammates for their abysmal delivery and thats fair enough. I yell at them too for the same. However, when presented an opportunity to kick it to a teammate i50 its probably best if you dont kick it oob as JUH did today. Live by the i50 delivery sword die by the i50 delivery sword.

The likelihood of Khamis lining up on Curnow increased exponentially with today's injuries. Not something that I look forward to.

That was pathetic from start to finish, bar Lobb, no one played well. Left at 3/4 qtr time in disgust.
The lack of1% effort in the team shows regularly these days, plus no fight when it’s not going our way- not characteristics of good teams.
The lack of gameplan or in game changes to combat Port also evident

Last edited:
Worst performance of the year by a mile.

I'd give passes to treloar, libba and lobb. Bont probably too. That's it.

How many times do we need to play vdm, Gallagher, mcneil and even buku to know they are not up to it. Play Daniel, harmes, Garcia and buss today, we wouldn't have won but would have been a lot better.

English being embarrassed by sweet was my final straw, if he seriously is demanding close to $1m a year, let him walk, keep lobb and trade in a battler type like sweet.

Disgusting day all round.

At a minimum Garcia and Harmes should have played but there is no selection integrity

We had Sweet but clearly the coaches wanted an English type player in that position who could get beaten by Conway, Stanley, Xerri types etc etc

I would have loved to see our midfield with another ruck who could compete and tap the ball but when club gives the keys to one player as a ruck i will never know.

I would hate to pay Timmy anything over 600K

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Abysmal Dogs Lose To Port 102-54

Remove this Banner Ad

Back