Review Abysmal Dogs Lose To Port 102-54

Remove this Banner Ad

We are clearly a confidence team. If we start slow out of the blocks we drop our heads and don’t run hard enough. We are classic downhill skiers. The first 10 mins of a match dictates whether we are on or not - we dont seem to work our way back into matches anymore. Sooo frustrating.

Yeh, feels like the push call on Naughton in the first 30 seconds could have been a massive sliding doors moment. Looked soft
to me. Ton Hawkins has kicked 800 goals doing much worse.

Really thought JUH would overtake Naughton as our best forward, but he’s been out of form for a while now.

We are going to struggle next week without Naughton and if Jones misses again we’ll be without our 4 first choice key defenders against Curnow and McKay. Should be fun.
What's this about JUH flying 1 handed ... it is becoming a very bad habit. Unfortunately he is burning good-will with continuing insipid efforts in the contest & his follow-up.

At a minimum Garcia and Harmes should have played but there is no selection integrity

Harmes didn't play VFL today, so must be injured. Think I read a post from someone on here claiming he'd done a string.

Definitely agree with Garcia. Should never have been dropped and not sure why he's had so much trouble returning.

Tim English, 17 disposals, 2 goals, 24 hitouts, 131 Fantasy point (3rd on ground).
All those with him in their fantasy teams will be singing his praises again.
English would be a great second, chop out ruck on 400k per year . Second to a proper ruck like Grundy. His All-Australian is up there with Woewodin’s Brownlow medal.

Sell him for whatever we can get.

What's this about JUH flying 1 handed ... it is becoming a very bad habit. Unfortunately he is burning good-will with continuing insipid efforts in the contest & his follow-up.

Agree, it’s pretty obvious he is protecting himself with the other hand. He has shown himself to be a highly skilled but very soft and lazy player.

I love the way JUH looks at everyone else with his hands out like he has been hosed over by his team mates when things don’t work out for him. He has overtaken Shaun Higgins as the biggest finger pointer in the dogs history.

Hate to say it - I don’t think he will be a great player. He is no Jack Gunston, put it that way.

Everything turned pear shaped after what I thought was going to be a goal to Aaron.
Couldn't do a thing right today. Will be interested in team selection next week. How everyone can see VDM, Gags, McNeil are not up to it but the coaches can't, is beyond me. How many times does gags get caught trying to take players on, who does he think he is?
Unfortunately not much in Footscray today but I reckon anyone would be better.
Looking like another year where we just can't get a good run on the injury front. Hope Liam and Cody can get back next week.
Off topic, what's happened to Bendendo?

We are clearly a confidence team. If we start slow out of the blocks we drop our heads and don’t run hard enough. We are classic downhill skiers. The first 10 mins of a match dictates whether we are on or not - we dont seem to work our way back into matches anymore. Sooo frustrating

Yeh, feels like the push call on Naughton in the first 30 seconds could have been a massive sliding doors moment. Looked soft
to me. Ton Hawkins has kicked 800 goals doing much worse.
I thought we were in trouble from that point on, you could see it in Naughton's look of exasperation

Positive, it was an interstate game and I did not have to go. I was worried with Jones and Cody out. Plus if Sweet beat Tim in the ruck we did not have the pace to go with their midfield. But that was just plain pathetic. i have been waiting for JUH do put his stamp on the game but I think he is as soft as Tim and if Astro did not get concussed he should be dropped. Oh well the blues and Swans will finish off our season in the next 2 games and Bevo's tenure.

I love the way JUH looks at everyone else with his hands out like he has been hosed over by his team mates when things don’t work out for him. He has overtaken Shaun Higgins as the biggest finger pointer in the dogs history.

Hate to say it - I don’t think he will be a great player. He is no Jack Gunston, put it that way.
Almost pissed myself today when he was looking at Vandermeer in disgust as if he should’ve taken the pack mark over him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everything turned pear shaped after what I thought was going to be a goal to Aaron.
Couldn't do a thing right today. Will be interested in team selection next week. How everyone can see VDM, Gags, McNeil are not up to it but the coaches can't, is beyond me. How many times does gags get caught trying to take players on, who does he think he is?
Unfortunately not much in Footscray today but I reckon anyone would be better.
Looking like another year where we just can't get a good run on the injury front. Hope Liam and Cody can get back next week.
Off topic, what's happened to Bendendo?
Gallagher taking players on every week and every time gets done holding the ball drives me insane. He turns it over, fumbles, I get he's young but ffs he should be back in the 2s earning his spot not being gifted it every week.

As for mcneil, bevo we had it with honeychurch, mccomb, etc...how can u not see he's just not up to it. Blind Freddy can see it.

With both Naughts and JOD out next week with concussion, are we about to finally see Buss come in and Lobby go forward again?

so sick of JUH's laconic kicks, nearly always off the back foot, no urgency or intent in them,

i like Gags, has speed and moxie, can do the brilliant, very inexperienced, but he also kicks off the back foot too often,

we need Akermanis down there as kicking coach to show them what hard work, intent, and flawless technique does.

We are where we are on the ladder because of our propensity to put up performances like today. No point getting stressed about it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Don’t have depth on the list. If a couple of key players don’t play their best (Bont, Richards, JUH, English) or are unavailable (Jones, Naughton, Weightman) then the others don’t lift.

Gallagher and Sanders haven’t been great but you can’t expect that from young players. It’s the ones who have been here for a while that should be taking their spot but haven’t progressed (Bedendo, Jones, Cleary, Baker)

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Abysmal Dogs Lose To Port 102-54

Remove this Banner Ad

Back