Review Abysmal Dogs Lose To Port 102-54

Remove this Banner Ad

How was Lobb? Just got home and cbf reading whole thread?
He was for the most part very good and the standout of an otherwise all at sea defensive unit that was torched by their teammates further up the ground.

How was Lobb? Just got home and cbf reading whole thread?

Solid.

Started at FB on Lord, had some good moments. Moved forward after Naughton got hurt, then went back again when O’Donnell got hurt. Haven’t done my votes but I reckon he was in our bests

I was hoping he'd get up in English's face and give it to him, thought that might spark something inside Tim for a change
On Danny and Tom Boyd’s pod last week they spoke to the media manager and said they won’t get Tim on because he’s so shy….not what I want to hear

Wtf was with Sam Darcy taking the opening bounce and Tim starting forward, if that was meant to be some sort of intimidation tactic then that's really set the tone for the game
English probably didn’t want to look like a fool from the first bounce…..

Whatever contract the Dogs have put before English I hope we withdraw it, halve it ( both length and dollars) and then put this new offer back on the table. If he walks he walks. I am sick of his half hearted efforts. He is paid as a modern ruckman and that is what I expect. He is very good at the around the ground stuff but the tap work and limiting the opponents tap work is missing completely. You only do half a job you get paid half.
It’s like paying top dollar to attend a Beatles concert and only Paul and Ringo turn up. ( this is actually a great analogy. In both cases you know beforehand exactly what you are going to get yet you are always disappointed )

I'd love to know what Coffield brings to the team. One vfl game and he's straight back in.

He's not that tall, not that quick, and not a great user of the football.

On SM-A505YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think he has promise to be a 3rd tall KPD.

He looked solid back there and was far from our biggest issue.

I fell asleep after the match and just woke up. Should have slept during the match like our players.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We could kept Sweet, played English as a forward or defender would have set us up for the next 5-10 years.

Didn’t even need to give up picks for Lobb.
Sweet is been mostly rubbish bar this game tbh
Haven’t watched the game, only going off stats. But **** me, I’m so sick of midfielders doing as they please against us. Neale, Daicos, Rozee and Butters today.. it’s not a skill execution, it’s a shithouse plan.
Don’t forget petracca in the ‘21 GF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

English probably didn’t want to look like a fool from the first bounce…..
We actually did ok ish in the first few minutes with clearances didn’t we? But got a dodgy free after Astro marked then stuffed up another attempt - VDM was it?

Just a painfully predictable cycle for years now, when the sides backs are against the wall they can produce premiership level footy but when things are starting to look good they’ll put in a shocker.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is actually why I want Bevo gone at the end of the year, I still think he's a great coach and will coach somewhere else eventually but he's taken this group as far as he can. As you say since 2021 it's been a rinse-repeat of winning the backs to wall matches and then giving up matches we should win or at the very least be competitive in.

Tactically we have still not addressed the biggest issue that has plagued us for years, we leaked 14 scores from our defensive half today (7.7), that alone tells me it's time for a change. I just want to see what someone else would do with the list

Last edited:
The odd thing about Sanders is that he looked infinitely better during the pre-season practice matches than he does right now. All of the confidence that he had moving the ball forward then has deserted him. I don't know if it's a confidence, coaching or an inability to adapt to the increased pace of the game. But he looks nothing like he did then.

Right now he plays like a jam donut devoid of any jam.
Wasn't the word that he got sprayed after his first couple of games for trying to do too much, too soon, hence why he was dropped? He was told to go back to the VFL to work on his defensive side and to play to his limits a little more. He has the ability to play pro-actively which we saw in the pre-season, we're just asking him to keep a lid on it. Not sure I love it if it's the truth, I'd prefer to let him play naturally but I understand it a little.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wasn't the word that he got sprayed after his first couple of games for trying to do too much, too soon, hence why he was dropped? He was told to go back to the VFL to work on his defensive side and to play to his limits a little more. He has the ability to play pro-actively which we saw in the pre-season, we're just asking him to keep a lid on it. Not sure I love it if it's the truth, I'd prefer to let him play naturally but I understand it a little.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Sanders will be a gun bookmark it

Just a painfully predictable cycle for years now, when the sides backs are against the wall they can produce premiership level footy but when things are starting to look good they’ll put in a shocker.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can't like this enough.

Opportunities present, a big and pivotal game comes along and we stuff them up and fail dismally every single time. If there's one area we need to invest in it's sports psychs because it's a mess.

The reputation is there now that we can't handle the real heat, the big games and that we go to water and that'll be a hell of a thing to shake.

As a football side, we're unreliable and untrustworthy. Dare I say it but we're frauds.

I can't wait until we surprise the Blues next week. Or something like that. Woe is me.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Abysmal Dogs Lose To Port 102-54

Remove this Banner Ad

Back