Review Abysmal Dogs Lose To Port 102-54

Remove this Banner Ad

You lost me there. He lives near me. He is a real estate agent and has been banned from several golf clubs nearby for being a gigantic flog. Not what we need.
How is Acker's cryptocurrency going?

The writing off of Sanders is a bit silly. The problem isn't that he's slow, poor disposal or decision making - he is none of those. The problem is he's playing "safe" which is understandable as a first year player but he can't stay in the team if he won't play with intensity and belief in himself.

I hope this is the case. Can I ask what makes you so confident he has all these tools? I’ve been looking for little signs but haven’t really seen those glimpses of talent that get you excited in young players.

Buss 20 disposals, 8 marks today, does he play, or is he definitely gone season's end and blacklisted?

Buss 20 disposals, 8 marks today, does he play, or is he definitely gone season's end and blacklisted?

I think I read that Bev may have let it out that Buss has signed on I may be wrong

Whether he plays next week who knows

Was out building a fence today.

Glad I didn't watch it. Fence building would have been more exciting.

When there is a genuine 8 point game to be won, we capitulate as usual.

We are dreaming this year sadly. The next three weeks we will be 0-3 and it will be curtains 2024.

Really thought JUH would overtake Naughton as our best forward, but he’s been out of form for a while now.

We are going to struggle next week without Naughton and if Jones misses again we’ll be without our 4 first choice key defenders against Curnow and McKay. Should be fun.
I think I’m going to watch the scariest horror movie I can find….itll be infinitely better than what the Carlton game will be especially with those outs

He actually has a decent burst. But he definitely slow-jogs too much.
No point having a decent burst if it never features in his play. I'm not doubting you...I just haven't seen it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every media game report has English in our top three best on ground.
Well all I can say is we know more about our team than the media do. English does a few flash things, but Sweet kicked a goal and nearly a second and put the ball directly down the throat of his mids in full-stride on multiple occasions.

On SM-A505YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

We cannot compete at the pointy end with him as our first ruck. The last time this team looked decent on a consistent basis was in 2021 when Bevo realised he can’t cut it in there but could be valuable except now we have Lobb and Darcy for that role.

I’m not sure what Jamarra thinks being a good teammate is, but it’s not what he’s doing. Poor efforts, complaining to teammates, missing ****ing simple set shots but it’s apparently someone else’s fault. It’s like watching an under 12 go about it, it’s pathetic.

But special consideration for the MC and our coaching group. Rozee 18 touches to quarter time, by which time the game is almost out of reach. McNeil selected when he is nowhere near an AFL calibre player. Freijah sub when he might be one of our most consistent, particularly given his age and experience. They’ll trot out injuries as an issue, no doubt they are, but to continually make ****ups like these and put the team in a poorer position to win is negligent.

Same old shit. This has been a difficult team to follow for going on three years now and something fundamental needs to change.
I have everything crossed that that was McNeills farewell game in front of his family….he was lucky to be retained as a rookie last year….gone at end of season surely.

Fumbles, out of position, just generally shit

Mitch Wallis 2.0 - Libba has a lethal left boot on him.
I think Sanders is a little bit more nimble than Wallis.

I can see the potential. He can win his own ball and I’ve seen him use it well. There are plenty of players in that mould (Libba, M Boyd, Viney, Jordan Lewis etc) who have had outstanding careers, and Wallis probably would have too if not for some serious leg injuries.

Not every top ten pick gets to be Bont.

At a minimum Garcia and Harmes should have played but there is no selection integrity

We had Sweet but clearly the coaches wanted an English type player in that position who could get beaten by Conway, Stanley, Xerri types etc etc

I would have loved to see our midfield with another ruck who could compete and tap the ball but when club gives the keys to one player as a ruck i will never know.

I would hate to pay Timmy anything over 600K
It was 750 last week….might be on the rookie list by years end

No. He is slow. Not writing him off at all...but he is slow and needs to become Libba 2.0.

The odd thing about Sanders is that he looked infinitely better during the pre-season practice matches than he does right now. All of the confidence that he had moving the ball forward then has deserted him. I don't know if it's a confidence, coaching or an inability to adapt to the increased pace of the game. But he looks nothing like he did then.

Right now he plays like a jam donut devoid of any jam.

The odd thing about Sanders is that he looked infinitely better during the pre-season practice matches than he does right now. All of the confidence that he had moving the ball forward then has deserted him. I don't know if it's a confidence, coaching or an inability to adapt to the increased pace of the game. But he looks nothing like he did then.

Right now he plays like a jam donut devoid of any jam.
I agree. It's puzzling. It might be between his ears rather than talent or athleticism. Some players take a fair while to adjust to a higher standard of competition...others just take it in their stride.

I thought we were in trouble from that point on, you could see it in Naughton's look of exasperation
Then Darcy misses from 15 out, followed by VDM handballing it instead of having a shot and then Marra kicking almost like he deliberately missed….maybe he has a September holiday booked 😜)

I agree. It's puzzling. It might be between his ears rather than talent or athleticism. Some players take a fair while to adjust to a higher standard of competition...others just take it in their stride.
The thing that really concerns me about his game is how little penetration he has on his kicks. There seems to be an inordinate amount of hang time with them.

No point having a decent burst if it never features in his play. I'm not doubting you...I just haven't seen it.

You can see it out of contests, he has a quick first step and can often get the ball out of a tight space quickly. The problem is he is playing at half forward which makes him look extra slow. He's an accumulator and needs to play in close for his abilities to shine through.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Abysmal Dogs Lose To Port 102-54

Remove this Banner Ad

Back