Review Abysmal Dogs Lose To Port 102-54

Remove this Banner Ad

At some point it has to be him that’s responsible. He’s had Brendon Lade and Steven King as coaches as well as experienced rucks like Stef Martin, Campbell, Roughead and Trengove at the club
Are you saying he is a bad ruck. Because if he has had all those coaches and he underperforms in that fashion then he is not worth $1,000,000. Sweet took him to the cleaners. and, every time sweet played the dogs won. so a large part of his poor performance is bad coaching. BTW I agree with you. He has to take a hard look in the mirror and step up big time. other wise trade him. Not good enough.

Glad to see that you have taken it well.

I know that a lot of people think Bevo's time is up, but I am definitely not one of them.

I think we can still compete for the Flag with Bevo as coach, and I think our chances of getting another coach that would be Bevo's equal or better is very low, and hence definitely not worth the gamble.
Look, I just think that coaches stay too long at AFL level. I am not saying Bevo is a bad coach. I think his message is not getting through. Also, he has some amazing brain fades that send everyone nuts. That has to have a bad impact on the whole playing group. Hope you are one Professor, but ...

Look, I just think that coaches stay too long at AFL level. I am not saying Bevo is a bad coach. I think his message is not getting through. Also, he has some amazing brain fades that send everyone nuts. That has to have a bad impact on the whole playing group. Hope you are one Professor, but ...
Ross Lyon is the exception. He's been unlucky at two clubs to not win a flag. Today he masterminded a major upset and stuffed up everyone's footy tipping. Saints showed some real mongrel today.

You think Chris Scott has been around too long at Geelong?

2nd for tackles, 8th for pressure acts, 1st for sprints, 2nd for repeat sprints, 1st for distance at high speed and 1st for offensive work rate. He makes mistakes but works a lot harder than Bailey Williams who was invisible yesterday. Only options in the VFL for his wing spot are Baker and Poulter, neither of which are any better
Fair enough posting this is in defence. But a lot of these stats, sprinting and distance and work rate are not what many like me are critical of. Absolutely he has a crack, moreso than a lot of other better player but its his turnovers, fumbles, holding the balls that drive us nuts.

I just dont see it. Im more than happy to keep him on the list because he is obviousky an A grade citizen but i think he's miles off AFL standard and would love to see him develop in the 2s and knock the door down until they have no option but to bring him back in.

Ross Lyon is the exception. He's been unlucky at two clubs to not win a flag. Today he masterminded a major upset and stuffed up everyone's footy tipping. Saints showed some real mongrel today.

Good point about Chris Scott. But he has won a number of premierships, Bevo has not. Ross Lyon has gone and returned, but has not won a premiership. I think AFL is about winning. You don't win, you come second, not good enough. In soccer you are on your ass even if you win. For example, if a team like Boca Juniors or Real Madrid does not win playing, including with a good style o football, the fans will totally obliterate the coach and he will be on his backside. 9 years and only one flag is not good enough in my opinion. This is my biased opinion. But if I were a board member, I would give Bevo one more year maximum. He has done quite a lot of crazy things, including playing players totally out of position, giving players games when they don't deserve them, being stubborn, not looking for good support. This is also due to poor support from the football department, which needs a good kick up the bum. To me it looks really inward looking and a group of mates. I would give JUH a couple of games in the seconds, for example, because he is not playing up to standard. Again, my opinion...

On Boca Juniors. A famous successful coach, got himself a red card at an away club, because the fans did not like his style of football. He resigned shortly afterwards. Anyway, different game.

Does he make mistakes? Yep, plenty that drive me nuts.

Can coaches stay too long? Yep, but I don't think the signs indicate this has occurred for Bevo, and the Dogs, at least not yet.

I think the big thing that people are missing, is the obvious. We are still a strong team, with lots of high performing players and potential. If he had truly lost the players, we wouldn't be.

Furthermore, we are a team with loads of disadvantages that a lot of other AFL teams don't have.
The fixture is heavily manipulated, and is never in our favour.
We have no significant home ground advantage, and compete with teams that have enormous home field advantages.
We have less money than other clubs, recent equalisation measures have helped but it's still not an equal playing field in many ways.

Many excellent coaches have come and gone at the Bulldogs without being able to get to a Grand Final let alone 2 and win 1.

When you find someone with such capacity, you better be very very sure that they really are done before you let them go.

Ross Lyon is a dreadful coach. Probably cost St Kilda a couple of premierships.

Ross Lyon is a dreadful coach. Probably cost St Kilda a couple of premierships.
You could say the same about Terry Wallace and Rodney Eade, 1997-98 and 2010.

Chris Scott said the 2011 flag team didn't need any coaching, they knew how to win.

The 2008 Geelong flag loss to Hawthorn was a coaching blunder.

It's the backroom that garners success. Who is our Stephen Wells?

You could say the same about Terry Wallace and Rodney Eade, 1997-98 and 2010.

Chris Scott said the 2011 flag team didn't need any coaching, they knew how to win.

The 2008 Geelong flag loss to Hawthorn was a coaching blunder.

It's the backroom that garners success. Who is our Stephen Wells?
Getting close but falling short doesn't make a bad coach.

Lyon had a forward line of Riewoldt, Koschitzke, Milne & Schnieder (and Hayes, Del Santo, Montagna in midfield) yet refused to move the ball to give his forwards a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not much on here about Khamis yesterday, whether he was good, bad or indifferent.
I'm going indifferent, at best.
Lacks physical presence, easily pushed off the ball.
Jones can't come back soon enough.
It was certainly a very inexperienced backline and with the mids seemingly getting torched (even though we won the clearances) they were fully exposed. I don’t see it with Buku, just like i didnt see it with Gardener….time to park the Buss Bevo

I’d argue that Sydney are in the “loading” phase of their season and won’t be too concerned dropping a game to the Saints who are no threat to their ladder position. @ losses in a row - they’ll be primed to play us to finish us off because they are our bitches in finals

Does he make mistakes? Yep, plenty that drive me nuts.

Can coaches stay too long? Yep, but I don't think the signs indicate this has occurred for Bevo, and the Dogs, at least not yet.

I think the big thing that people are missing, is the obvious. We are still a strong team, with lots of high performing players and potential. If he had truly lost the players, we wouldn't be.

Furthermore, we are a team with loads of disadvantages that a lot of other AFL teams don't have.
The fixture is heavily manipulated, and is never in our favour.
We have no significant home ground advantage, and compete with teams that have enormous home field advantages.
We have less money than other clubs, recent equalisation measures have helped but it's still not an equal playing field in many ways.

Many excellent coaches have come and gone at the Bulldogs without being able to get to a Grand Final let alone 2 and win 1.

When you find someone with such capacity, you better be very very sure that they really are done before you let them go.
The biggest one for me is the lag of deploying a tagger

It’s akin to the Macca “the goals will kick themselves”

I’m sure Bevo thinks that having English as a 5th mid works and the ruck is just a bonus if it ever works and he thinks if we tag someone, our taggers aren’t that good so we are effectively losing another player to take out their best. I think any other coach may have acted faster on Rozee and Butters but Bevo just stickers to the structures.

I know we are playing lots of inexperience at the moment and the only way they get the experience is to play them.

I hope we sneak in this year as i feel this is our 2015 again…look out next year

Well bully for you. Never fails to bore me how people come on forums proclaiming that they were right about something months ago.

I don’t think anyone’s shocked about where we are on the ladder. It’s the manner of the defeats that’s distressing.
1720420853937.jpeg

Anybody can see this coach has ran out of ideas and is on the decline.

wasn’t hard to predict

Coaches Votes

Port Adelaide v Western Bulldogs​

10 Connor Rozee (PORT)
4 Jason Horne-Francis (PORT)
4 Mitchell Georgiades (PORT)
4 Ollie Wines (PORT)
4 Brandon Zerk-Thatcher (PORT)
4 Zak Butters (PORT)

At this year's Masters comp at Maroochydore, Akermanis played for QLD.
He was swearing, abusing the umpires, abusing his team mates, sniping, and all other things Akermanis.
The main field umpire stopped the game for a moment or two to give him a dressing down. The ump said "I don't know who you are or who you think you are, but any more of your crap, you're off the ground".
To everyone's surprise, he shut his trap, but you could see he had no friends or admirers.

That’s good because he is a vile human being.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

First game I've ever switched off at half time. As the players chose to only put in half an effort - I figured I would go out in sympathy.

Now, I wish to state that I have the highest regard for anyone who just makes an AFL list. Ours is not merely an elite sporting competition its one of the most demanding games in the world.

Now that we have that out of the way, what the hell is McNeil doing back in the team. Someone tell me how any of Caleb, Garcia, Baker, A.Jones or Clark would not make more sense. The last two names may not be any better than McNeil, now, but they have upside -they need games - and we don't know there ceiling. What mysterious weapon does Bevo believe McNeil can develop? There simply isn't one. He is not evasive, not physical, does not have a long kick, is not a reliable shot at goal, does not take contested marks, and for his size his pace is just there. In every category it's below or just average.

Now his selection is not the reason we lost. But I can't imagine that a good portion of the playing group is not also thinking WTF.
Every player in any professional playing group knows where they fit in the pecking order. Now sometimes you may need a specific type of player for a particular opponent that may not merit a call up. Players will understand that L.Jones out this week had to be replaced with a tall defender. It should have been Busslinger. Coffield is barely back from injury.

And as for McNeil replacing him for Weightman does not make sense.
Then there is Gallagher - who we all think should make it as AFL player. Has something of the Liam Pickens about him. But as many here have argued he is well overdue for a stint in the VFL. It's not punishment it's part and parcel of developing young players.

So what we have is 3 players who were in the side against Port Adelaide who jumped the pecking order queue. Coaches can have justifiable reasons for these kind of decsions - but they need to make sure those reasons are sensible and clear to the playing group. Other wise you are sending mixed messages and feeding resentment. And in a team sport it requires the bare minimum of disharmony for the wheels to fall off as they did on Saturday.

Not going to bother with a detailed good and the bad like I usually do. We all watched that tripe.

Will do the same ****ing dot points AS ALWAYS in short form.

• The difference between the good and the bad with this mob is staggering.
  • "million dollar players" that can't execute basic kicking for goal.
  • Team way too tall. No speed and compete for groundballs. No forward press. Stop with the team of trees.
  • Some tough trades need to be made to fix composition.
  • How does Garcia not make THAT team.

This team is too nice and has literally zero killer instinct. I'd be looking at some sort of combination of changes with captaincy, coach, and list manager in the offseason. Complete lack of balance in the list composition and the consequences for poor play are non-existent.

Why we are saddling bontempelli with captaining this bunch of pansies is beyond me. Maybe he's too nice as well. Who knows. Unfortunately I don't really see any young player with half a heart or a brain to replace him.

Let's see if they show anything against carlton but in all honesty I have very little faith left. I'll be looking around for bulldogs jumpers in the crowd to identify fellow footy masochists next week.
Will be taking the family booked it about 4 weeks ago when we were showing some intent

Coaches Votes

10 Connor Rozee (PORT)
4 Ollie Wines (PORT)
4 Zak Butters (PORT)
That is a wild vote distribution.

Rozee gets 2x5 (pretty much inarguable).

From there it's 2x4-0, 2x3-1, 2x2-2.

That is a wild vote distribution.

Rozee gets 2x5 (pretty much inarguable).

From there it's 2x4-0, 2x3-1, 2x2-2.
1x 2-2.

But yes, a weird distribution. I've never seen that before.

Coaches Votes

10 Connor Rozee (PORT)
4 Ollie Wines (PORT)
4 Zak Butters (PORT)
Surprised Treloar didn’t get at least a vote from Bevo…..he was by far the best dog

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Abysmal Dogs Lose To Port 102-54

Remove this Banner Ad

Back