Academy: Gold Coast SUNS Gun Factory

Remove this Banner Ad

To be confirmed.
The way the Media picked up on Trelore 12months ago, you'd pretty much have to say Prestia is as good as gone next year. :(

Eeeep

If we have another year like this i can see Prestia exploring his options and so he should , but if we are on the brink he wont be leaving.

To be confirmed.
The way the Media picked up on Trelore 12months ago, you'd pretty much have to say Prestia is as good as gone next year. :(

Eeeep

They also said sheil & conigilo where going. I think us cleaning up our culture is a big step forward & hopefully a few wins just like gws had will entice Dion to sign on for a few more years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree. We need to spend more on developing our junior talent 14-18 yr olds

View attachment 179213

Don't forget Brad Scheer :)
Our two academy representatives , Jack Bowes and Brad Scheer named in best 6 of 29 players in Grand Final curtain raiser for next year draftees .
Looking good for Suns 2016 . Home grown talent.
Maybe stockpile some future draft picks ..?

Last edited:
So after a little digging I found that Didymus Blanket was actually in the level one AFL Academy last year but didn't make the cut this year. Unfortunately that's the only relevant information I can find about him. Southport are listed as his team but couldn't find anything about him on their website or the NEAFL website. He didn't make the Scorpions squad and wasn't invited to either the National or State Combine, which would make it seem that it's very unlikely for him to get drafted which is very bizarre considering he was a former member of the AFL Academy. But what's more bizarre is that the Suns nominated him for the draft. Does anyone know anything about him, cause to me I'm completely confused and can't find any relevant information about him (which is also quite weird considering he is a former member of the AFL Academy)

Also, speaking of the Combine, no-one from the suns academy was upgraded to the National Combine. We only have 3 players attending the State Combine, who are Dyson Budarick, Jesse Joyce and Max Spencer. So unfortunately it's probably unlikely for Connor West and Robert Blood to get drafted.

So after a little digging I found that Didymus Blanket was actually in the level one AFL Academy last year but didn't make the cut this year. Unfortunately that's the only relevant information I can find about him. Southport are listed as his team but couldn't find anything about him on their website or the NEAFL website. He didn't make the Scorpions squad and wasn't invited to either the National or State Combine, which would make it seem that it's very unlikely for him to get drafted which is very bizarre considering he was a former member of the AFL Academy. But what's more bizarre is that the Suns nominated him for the draft. Does anyone know anything about him, cause to me I'm completely confused and can't find any relevant information about him (which is also quite weird considering he is a former member of the AFL Academy)

Also, speaking of the Combine, no-one from the suns academy was upgraded to the National Combine. We only have 3 players attending the State Combine, who are Dyson Budarick, Jesse Joyce and Max Spencer. So unfortunately it's probably unlikely for Connor West and Robert Blood to get drafted.

Could the Suns be hiding him from recruiters all year.

Could the Suns be hiding him from recruiters all year.
That's what I initially thought, until I found out he was a former member of the AFL Academy. Someone who was once considered to be apart of the top 30 17 year olds can't possibly go unnoticed. I mean, I can't seem to find any relevant information on this guy at all. I can't even find out who he's played for the last couple of years.
If I had to guess, I'm guessing this guy has huge potential but had a massive drop off in the last couple of years and the Suns are probably holding out hope that he gets back on track and fulfils his potential.

That's what I initially thought, until I found out he was a former member of the AFL Academy. Someone who was once considered to be apart of the top 30 17 year olds can't possibly go unnoticed. I mean, I can't seem to find any relevant information on this guy at all. I can't even find out who he's played for the last couple of years.
If I had to guess, I'm guessing this guy has huge potential but had a massive drop off in the last couple of years and the Suns are probably holding out hope that he gets back on track and fulfils his potential.

Yeah i cant say ive heard of him either , only thing i can think of is he had a season long injury and has been of the radar.

Yeah i cant say ive heard of him either , only thing i can think of is he had a season long injury and has been of the radar.
But he couldn't of been injured for a whole 2 years. Even if he was injured, he still would've at least been added to the Scorpions squad, invited to the state combine or retained his spot in the AFL Academy. And also, even injured players are constantly being talked about. Other players in the past miss the entire year being injured but people still talk about them. I haven't seen 1 article or interview or any piece of media talking about this guy. It's almost as if he's non-existent cause no-one is talking about this guy whatsoever. And he was a former member of the AFL Academy. Usually anyone who's been through the AFL Academy are always talked about, even if they get cut, drop off, get injured or whatever. But I can't seem to find anything. If he was injured you would think someone would say something by now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Academy: Gold Coast SUNS Gun Factory

Remove this Banner Ad

Back