Academy: Gold Coast SUNS Gun Factory

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone know anything about Jacob Dawson?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hard to find much information about him. Google is telling me that he is a midfielder from the Burleigh Bombers who was 181cm last year. He kicked 4 goals in 8 junior games last year, and was named in the best 5 players in the team twice. He likes chocolate and 21 Jump Street. I can't can't find much else unfortunately.

Jacob Dawson and Brodie Foster are underage midfielders around 180cm. Both played for Queensland 16s last year and if I remember rightly - Dawson had most disposals for Queensland during that carnival. Both played like little terriers on the weekend
Braydon Crossley is an underage ruckman who was an All Australian U15. Also played 16s last year and is around 197 cm. Against the Lions his work around the ground was impressive but probably only broke even in the hit-outs - but he was against an overage opponent . Old school type ruckman- uses his body a lot - think Shane Mumford .
Jackson Collins split his time between forward and mid and had a purple patch during the 3rd quarter kicking 2 quick goals.
Max Spencer is an overager having played for Queensland 18s last year. He has also played several Suns NEAFL games. Is a key back .

What do all these players have in common?

With Scheer - they are all part of the Palm Beach Currumbin Senior High School AFL Excellence program - have played and trained together at School as well as at the Suns Academy. Is this Queensland's new AFL production line ???

Jacob Dawson and Brodie Foster are underage midfielders around 180cm. Both played for Queensland 16s last year and if I remember rightly - Dawson had most disposals for Queensland during that carnival. Both played like little terriers on the weekend
Braydon Crossley is an underage ruckman who was an All Australian U15. Also played 16s last year and is around 197 cm. Against the Lions his work around the ground was impressive but probably only broke even in the hit-outs - but he was against an overage opponent . Old school type ruckman- uses his body a lot - think Shane Mumford .
Jackson Collins split his time between forward and mid and had a purple patch during the 3rd quarter kicking 2 quick goals.
Max Spencer is an overager having played for Queensland 18s last year. He has also played several Suns NEAFL games. Is a key back .

What do all these players have in common?

With Scheer - they are all part of the Palm Beach Currumbin Senior High School AFL Excellence program - have played and trained together at School as well as at the Suns Academy. Is this Queensland's new AFL production line ???
Any relation to this guy?

L3tWZs_S.jpeg

Anyone know who #15 and #4 was today? GCFC Digital

Scheer and Bowes both had good games. Scheer is a tackling machine and contested beast. Has a very good forward game too.

Bowes took a bit of time to work in to the game but when he did was a clearance force. Bit rusty though with his decisions.

Liked the aggression of Crossley too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know who #15 and #4 was today? GCFC Digital

Scheer and Bowes both had good games. Scheer is a tackling machine and contested beast. Has a very good forward game too.

Bowes took a bit of time to work in to the game but when he did was a clearance force. Bit rusty though with his decisions.

Liked the aggression of Crossley too.

Charlesworth 15 . and 4 is the guy above (Foster).
Good to beat Lions twice - thought our better players were in defence Max Spencer was a rock at CHB and our guy Foster in back pocket also great.
Scheer and Bowes both serviceable. Scheer down a bit though on what he showed last game.

Good to beat Lions twice - thought our better players were in defence Max Spencer was a rock at CHB and our guy Foster in back pocket also great.
Scheer and Bowes both serviceable. Scheer down a bit though on what he showed last game.

I liked Charlesworth's game. Foster too. Spencer had a very solid game I agree. Took some nice intercepts.

Which number was young Dawson? I was trying to look out for him.

Hey mate , who is the young indigenous boy wearing number 10 in the forward line , was super impressed with his work ethic and skill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey mate , who is the young indigenous boy wearing number 10 in the forward line , was super impressed with his work ethic and skill.
Lance Hudson - down from Townsville . Don!t know much about him fast little player....

I liked Charlesworth's game. Foster too. Spencer had a very solid game I agree. Took some nice intercepts.

Which number was young Dawson? I was trying to look out for him.

13 - played Ok but got caught in tackles a bit in this game - maybe trying to do a lttle too much following on from last weeks good performance .

13 - played Ok but got caught in tackles a bit in this game - maybe trying to do a lttle too much following on from last weeks good performance .

Long way to go still for the young fella til he's draft eligible. Crossley was impressive, can't believe how big he is for his age. 198cm 100kg, our very own Mumford if he turns out to be a good tap ruckman! Early days.

Thanks to GCFC for posting the team sheet in another thread.
Most interesting thing I found was the late year birthday for Dawson.

13 Jacob Dawson 3/11/99

After reading a Malcolm Gladwell article about Canadian youth hockey I always look to see if there are young players who play well with a late year birthday. At that age, 6 to 9 months of growing and development is a huge difference for players in the same draft class. Good sign.

For comparison, Bowes was born in January (3 Jack Bowes 26/01/98). They are 21 months apart in age but only one year in draft class.

Loving that the Academy is coming on strong.

Suns form a Large Part of the QLDU18 squad

19suns academy members make ups fair chunk of the squad
The lions have 15 members.

http://www.aflq.com.au/17937-2/
Just reward for some good football in the last fortnight.
Not 100% sure - but think this is first time Suns Academy players have outnumbered Lions in a Queensland 18's squad.
Hats off to Andrew Raines and his coaching staff also - they obviously have the Academy firing...

Any idea where they training Ben?
Tallebudgerra Creek -Southern Gold Coast .
Lions Academy Guys having to travel a bit - good to see - as our guys have done enough of it in the past.
Queensland Jumper presentatation also at Southport Sharks this year rather than in Brisbane - obviously pays to win and have a majority of squad members ... good to see AFLQ rewarding team effort.....

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Academy: Gold Coast SUNS Gun Factory

Remove this Banner Ad

Back