Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

If he leaves (as widely reported), what will Freo get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st rounder

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldnt think any of those 5 are on much coin and i doubt all of them leave.

Mcgovern might be the one that they let go for chips
You wouldn't want McGovern for free.

Adam Cerra should just sign with freo for 4 more years and look at it after he is a free agent and he has established himself more

hes was a Richmond fan as a kid. So if that’s where he chooses, he’d have more chance to get to Richmond if he waited until free agency. Richmond aren’t overpaying for a guy like Cerra right now.

4 years, might be a good option after some retirements

hes was a Richmond fan as a kid. So if that’s where he chooses, he’d have more chance to get to Richmond if he waited until free agency. Richmond aren’t overpaying for a guy like Cerra right now.

4 years, might be a good option after some retirements

Problem is it doesnt seem like you have to overpay for him. If he wanted to acknowledge over payment he wouldve signed with fremantle 4x750k

Money doesnt seem to be the issue here. I think VIC clubs would be offering him a bit less than what fremantle are money wise

Also Fremantle probably dont have the leverage if he ask to leave in trade negotiations either. No doubt Belly would try take it as deep as he could but at the end of the day you wouldnt want to risk losing him for nothing like GWS and GC Suns did with Hately and J.Martin.

I still think a top 10 pick is around the mark to getting it done.

Freo rightfully would be trying to get more

Problem is it doesnt seem like you have to overpay for him. If he wanted to acknowledge over payment he wouldve signed with fremantle 4x750k

Money doesnt seem to be the issue here. I think VIC clubs would be offering him a bit less than what fremantle are money wise

Also Fremantle probably dont have the leverage if he ask to leave in trade negotiations either. No doubt Belly would try take it as deep as he could but at the end of the day you wouldnt want to risk losing him for nothing like GWS and GC Suns did with Hately and J.Martin.

I still think a top 10 pick is around the mark to getting it done.

Freo rightfully would be trying to get more

I’ve acknowledged above what the issue is. Does he wanna leave in Vic, as he grew up there, or WA

that said, he’s not leaving to go home for a lesser deal. The money will end up similar

I’ve acknowledged above what the issue is. Does he wanna leave in Vic, as he grew up there, or WA

that said, he’s not leaving to go home for a lesser deal. The money will end up similar

He probably is leaving for less per year if he wants to go home.

If he doesnt hes signing on at freo

That all depends on what his priorities are
If its success and living in Vic then he takes less per year , Cannot see any vic team competing for a flag giving him $750k x 4
If is living in vic and money then easily gets same or more from a club like North / St Kilda / Hawks / Bombers

That all depends on what his priorities are
If its success and living in Vic then he takes less per year , Cannot see any vic team competing for a flag giving him $750k x 4
If is living in vic and money then easily gets same or more from a club like North / St Kilda / Hawks / Bombers

If Cerra leaves odds are it’s between Richmond and Carlton.

If Cerra leaves odds are it’s between Richmond and Carlton.
I really hope its not Richmond
We have players like Dow , RCD , Ross , Martyn , Cumberland all waiting to get games with 2-3 years already at the club and cant fit them in
Getting Cerra would mean just another mid they would be behind and our draft pick investment and development would go to waste with these kids looking to leave to get games as well as the financial commitment required.

2 years time would be perfect if he wanted to come to Richmond as we would already have filtered the young players and the older mids like Cotchin , Edwards , Pickett , Prestia would be either gone or closer to the end.
Carlton / Bombers would be a perfect fit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Cerra ends up nominating Essendon, do you think we will have to get rid of a Merrett for him? Would say, pick 7-10 + maybe a second rounder get it done? We clearly have the cap, and if we kept Merrett & got him, we could use Cerra, Parish, Merrett on ball.. Cerra had clearly proven himself, is only 21..

I’d give up our first plus a second for him. Why draft an unknown if we can just draft an already very young star ?

Would allow McGrath to play more half back / wing, shiel on the wing, Heppell HB, with Merrett, Parish, Cerra, Caldwell running through the guts?

I still would rather Dunkley as he’s one of my favourite players in the game, but if he’s out the question, with our position on the table, a decently low pick incoming, a solid haul last year & our team truly not looking too bad, I’d love to use that pick on a star like Dunkley or Cerra.

Thoughts ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Cerra ends up nominating Essendon, do you think we will have to get rid of a Merrett for him? Would say, pick 7-10 + maybe a second rounder get it done? We clearly have the cap, and if we kept Merrett & got him, we could use Cerra, Parish, Merrett on ball.. Cerra had clearly proven himself, is only 21..

I’d give up our first plus a second for him. Why draft an unknown if we can just draft an already very young star ?

Would allow McGrath to play more half back / wing, shiel on the wing, Heppell HB, with Merrett, Parish, Cerra, Caldwell running through the guts?

I still would rather Dunkley as he’s one of my favourite players in the game, but if he’s out the question, with our position on the table, a decently low pick incoming, a solid haul last year & our team truly not looking too bad, I’d love to use that pick on a star like Dunkley or Cerra.

Thoughts ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

if you kept Merrett and landed Cerra you’d have a deep midfield.
I completely agree with the attitude of why draft when you can get a 4th year mid with 70+ games exp by then. You had 3 first rounders last year, so not like you’ve missed years. Would be a great option.

if you kept Merrett and landed Cerra you’d have a deep midfield.
I completely agree with the attitude of why draft when you can get a 4th year mid with 70+ games exp by then. You had 3 first rounders last year, so not like you’ve missed years. Would be a great option.

I like Cerra but I think Essendon need to hit the draft and draft some high upside guys. Cerra is adding more of what we already have in McGrath, Merrett and Parish

I like Cerra but I think Essendon need to hit the draft and draft some high upside guys. Cerra is adding more of what we already have in McGrath, Merrett and Parish

A 21 at 70 games not hitting his peak yet is upside.
draft you could get a bust. Cerra isn’t a bust & is a different player to all 3 of those. Outside polish.

A 21 at 70 games not hitting his peak yet is upside.
draft you could get a bust. Cerra isn’t a bust & is a different player to all 3 of those. Outside polish.

I'd love Cerra, would also love to get him for our 2022 1st round pick whilst keeping our 1st this year but realize that's unlikely.

I'd love Cerra, would also love to get him for our 2022 1st round pick whilst keeping our 1st this year but realize that's unlikely.
Freo would demand this years first. After the Dunkley debacle last year though I feel player managers may advise their clients to not nominate Essendon.

Freo would demand this years first. After the Dunkley debacle last year though I feel player managers may advise their clients to not nominate Essendon.

I think both the Dogs and Dons won that Mexican standoff tbh. Essendon got some rippers with the picks they kept (esp Cox)

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

Back