Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

If he leaves (as widely reported), what will Freo get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st rounder

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Champion Data? Come on..

He wasn't even the best midfielder from your own team this year, let alone the whole league.
I mean the two midfielders better than him over the whole year made the AA squad. As did he. And all three finished top 15 in coaches votes. In his first year playing midfield.

CD has their own metric to rate players, but it’s not like its alone in rating him highly

Worth taking into account that it was Young’s first year as a midfielder.

But honestly this whole Cerra thing is just recency bias. He was a good player for us, probably didn’t explode as much as expected, but his 2023 was very good.

I still wouldn’t pick him over Amiss or Young, but it’s far from a bust for Carlton. He’s a good player and will be a good player for you guys if he sorts out those hamstrings. Genuinely think it’s a win win
Oh yeah, there's even quite a few Blues fans that have forgotten how good Cerra can be. Recency bias is huge around BF.

wasn't carlton linked to cerra pre draft but Dow looked a safe bet so went that way then reached at pick 10 for O'brien, oooof

He isn't and never will be a ''star''.
Do you have the lotto numbers for me too while you're at it?

He has all the tools and talent to be a star, we're not talking superstar here. Just a matter of how he goes injury-wise.

He'll end up an OK pick 5, but nothing more. For me, disappointing. Others can please themselves.

Cool. I dare say most would disagree with you in general, but to each their own.

There aren't many 250 game players in each draft pool, if you pick one and label them a disappointment, I reckon you've got unrealistic expectations of the draft.

I guess I consider star and superstar to be two different rungs.
Fair enough.

I used the term ''bona fide star'', which I thought may have explained what I was referencing.

The term star is bandied about way too often, so I understand your view.

I'm probably being a tad unfair, because lots of top 5 picks are not superstars, but when you get a top 5 pick that's what you should be hoping for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

Back