Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

If he leaves (as widely reported), what will Freo get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st rounder

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

He kicked 41 last year.

He was ok, but didn’t kick on as Freo fans would have hoped. Treacy looks the better prospect at this stage.
He was just a bit more inaccurate, it was a very good season for a 21 year old KPF? (actually 20 until the final month)

his last season was incredible for a kid who was 19 for most of the year

He kicked 41 last year.

He was ok, but didn’t kick on as Freo fans would have hoped. Treacy looks the better prospect at this stage.
He actually played better than last year for the most part - bar the most important stat (kicking straight). Yips are a concern, and his leading seemed to drop off toward the season's end, but some of his general play has been unreal. Another preseason and 5kgs on him and he should take the next step.

Treacy has been superb (and you're right, arguably the better player long-term). Perfect compliment to Amiss's guile, looking forward to watching them develop.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

He actually played better than last year for the most part - bar the most important stat (kicking straight). Yips are a concern, and his leading seemed to drop off toward the season's end, but some of his general play has been unreal. Another preseason and 5kgs on him and he should take the next step.

Treacy has been superb (and you're right, arguably the better player long-term). Perfect compliment to Amiss's guile, looking forward to watching them develop.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's really just his goal accuracy that makes it look like he hasn't improved.

75 shots at 48% this year (36 goals) vs 67 shots at 61% last year (41 goals).

Would have had 46 goals if he went at the same accuracy as last year, from one less games after getting concussed in the opening 5 minutes of that derby. And he missed some incredibly easy shots that you'd back him in to make most times.

Then the fact that he just turned 21. I don't think many Freo fans will be disappointed with his season at all. And not in anyway comparable to Cerra.

Fremantle supporters would have you believe this guy was the second coming of Jesus H Christ at the time of his trade

Never trust a dokkah
He was pretty good, he finished top 3 or top5 in our bnf two years running as a 21 year old at the time of trade. He was also pretty good for Carlton last year. Injuries are making this seem much worse than it was.

He was pretty good, he finished top 3 or top5 in our bnf two years running as a 21 year old at the time of trade. He was also pretty good for Carlton last year. Injuries are making this seem much worse than it was.
Agreed. Recency bias is playing a huge role here.

Cerra was borderline AA squad last year and finished 4th in the B&F for a team which made a prelim.

He has had a horrid run this year, but is a gun when fit.

Fremantle supporters would have you believe this guy was the second coming of Jesus H Christ at the time of his trade

Never trust a dokkah
He is good, he was very bloody good last year, without injury he should've won their B&F, he drifted off with interruptions

Couldn't get a run at it this year

Us Freo fans are only happy because we snagged Amiss out of it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Young a superior player? No doubt that he had a better season than Cerra, but Cerra last year was probably better than Young this year (in comparison).

Either way it’s not really relevant as it comes down to Cerra vs Amiss.

And I think both Carlton and Freo fans would be disappointed with their respected players’ seasons.
Progress is rarely linear. Are you implying Amiss’ season would have been a success had he kicked 20 goals last year instead of 40?

36 is a great return for any 21 year old.

A disappointing pick 5.

For the Dockers? Sure. You'd be hoping for a greater return than 76 games.

But if he can get over the injuries that plagued his 2024 season you've got a 25 year old with plenty of footy left in him, and a decent chance to hit 250 games over the course of his career.

I reckon most clubs would be pretty happy with that sort of "disappointing" return from an early draft pick.

For the Dockers? Sure. You'd be hoping for a greater return than 76 games.

But if he can get over the injuries that plagued his 2024 season you've got a 25 year old with plenty of footy left in him, and a decent chance to hit 250 games over the course of his career.

I reckon most clubs would be pretty happy with that sort of "disappointing" return from an early draft pick.
5 hamstrings in 12 months, but there's a decent chance he hits 250?

Is Young a superior player? No doubt that he had a better season than Cerra, but Cerra last year was probably better than Young this year (in comparison).

Either way it’s not really relevant as it comes down to Cerra vs Amiss.

And I think both Carlton and Freo fans would be disappointed with their respected players’ seasons.
A couple of points. I reckon Cerra is a pretty talented footballer but there is literally no sane person (and I mean nobody on this planet) who thinks he's a better player than Hayden Young. Also, Amiss statistically had a better season than 23 in pretty much all aspects except goal accuracy. His 2024 season wasn't all that bad.

A couple of points. I reckon Cerra is a pretty talented footballer but there is literally no sane person (and I mean nobody on this planet) who thinks he's a better player than Hayden Young. Also, Amiss statistically had a better season than 23 in pretty much all aspects except goal accuracy. His 2024 season wasn't all that bad.
Young definitely improved this year, but shit the bed in the final 2 games when the pressure was on. I think Freo fans really overrate him.

Not really much between Young's '24 and Cerra's '23

Worth taking into account that it was Young’s first year as a midfielder.

But honestly this whole Cerra thing is just recency bias. He was a good player for us, probably didn’t explode as much as expected, but his 2023 was very good.

I still wouldn’t pick him over Amiss or Young, but it’s far from a bust for Carlton. He’s a good player and will be a good player for you guys if he sorts out those hamstrings. Genuinely think it’s a win win

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

Back