Sydneyfan

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2000
Brisbanópolis
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S’roos, Brisbane Lions, N Syd Bears
Just read on the Swans Official website how Adam Goodes and Leo Barry were king-hit by thugs outside a Coogee nightclub where they had been celebrating a joint 21st birthday party for Jude Bolton and Heath James. It was an unprovoked attack and is believed that there was a confrontation between a Swans player and the group of thugs earlier in the night with the group waiting until later in the night to attack the Swans players as the group had thinned out.

The Swans players were cleared by the Sydney administration of any wrongdoing and the club has chosen not to go any further with this issue.
It's a shame that nowdays sports stars are increasingly singled out by dickheads at clubs trying to make themselves look "tough" by assaulting the sports star.
The only good news to come out of it was that both Adam and Leo only suffered a few bruises and facial cuts and are otherwise OK.

Sydneyfan

you would probably know yourself that the Cooge Bay Hotel / Celinas is a bit of a 'war zone' at the best of times.

I got whacked there myself a few years ago - for winning a game of 8-ball !

Believe it or not I feel safer in the Corner Bar of the Bondi (with all those huge, gruesome looking Maori guys) than I ever do at Coogee.

I honestly think the Swans / AFL should stop using the venue full stop. There are far nicer places in the Eastern suburbs to go and have a drink/party or to accomodate visiting clubs than that dump.

cheers

[This message has been edited by Bloodstained Angel (edited 27 February 2001).]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back