Mega Thread Adam Goodes: Confirmed racial slur by fan, apology made and accepted

Remove this Banner Ad

And just to put the icing on this shit cake Goodes actually points at the wrong young girl initially which must have been a real thrill for her to have everyone in Australia thinking she was a racist.. he couldn't have screwed this up more if he tried the dimwit :rolleyes:

What but you said he targeted her? Now he went the wrong girl?

Ali was the biggest racist of his time. He was a very nasty person.

You are right. In his older years he came out and admitted he had propagated a lot of twisted ideas about "white" folk fed to him by the Nation of Islam. But even he had the good sense to look behind the word boy and understand the meaning, rather than insisting his relationship with the word was the one and only measure for everyone. Smart fella.

Its very interesting. When was the last player to just leave the ground uninjured? Has it ever happened before in modern times.

A serious answer i think he felt he played well which he did on a night he saw as important and it hurt him more rightly ot wrongly. A different situation he may of stayed on and played through but i guess he had the luxury this game rightly or wrongly

You want a quote tough guy. Lets go:

"It was a 13-year-old girl but it's not her fault."

More? Yeah ok...

"She's 13, she's still so innocent, I don't put any blame on her"

Gee he's really tearing her a new one. Ok, let's go one more time.

"But I think the person that needs the most support is the little girl, you know. People need to get around her, she's 13"

Ouch Adam please stop!

And just so I don't get accused of a selective quote here's the rest of the para. "she's uneducated. You know if she wants to pick up the phone and call me and apologise, I'll take that phone call and I'll have a conversation with that girl about 'You know what, you called me a name, this is how it made me feel', and it's school stuff, it is school stuff."

Funny that doesn't really gel with your description does it?

Read more: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/breakin...e6frfkp9-1226650430791#ixzz2UV3oaT4z[/quote]T
Its not what Goodes said after that was the problem. It was the way he finger pointed her out in the crowd when the incident happened then he went further with it by pointing it out to the groundsmen as well and making a big song and dance about it before sooking his way off the ground because the comments affected him so much he couldnt stay out on the ground any longer. Lucky for him the game wasnt in the balance at the time as i wonder if it he wouldve stormed off if this was the case.
Seriously he needs to take a can of harden the heck up because if your going to be affected by a bunch of words on a footy field then your very weak in the mind. I played footy for 13 years and was subjected to racial taunts almost on a weekly basis and it never worried me one bit

He's a drama queen and saw his chance to be the big crusading hero..

Making a 13 year old girl the face of racism is really secondary to making his own mug the face of racial freedom fighter :rolleyes:

Can a mod ban this alias and the normal account as well? Or at least delete? Really, no one logs on the Bigfooty mainboard to read this rubbish, sure everyone trolls and has a bit of fun every so often but on the issue of something like this - it's a sensitive issue and this is excessive.
It's not an impossible ask that something like 5 pages not get derailed with this rubbish. Of course people are 'biting' - they take the mainboard more seriously than the bay, but these last few pages is just bay-worthy responses from this poster to legitimate discussion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can a mod ban this alias and the normal account as well? Or at least delete? Really, no one logs on the Bigfooty mainboard to read this rubbish, sure everyone trolls and has a bit of fun every so often but on the issue of something like this - it's a sensitive issue and this is excessive.
It's not an impossible ask that something like 5 pages not get derailed with this rubbish. Of course people are 'biting' - they take the mainboard more seriously than the bay, but these last few pages is just bay-worthy responses from this poster to legitimate discussion.

Yes. Done.

The reaction to a mistake made by a child is more frightening than the mistake made by the child.

There are a lot of words being put into people's mouths on both sides of the argument. Reality is, most likely, a young girl sledged a player without any awareness of how her words would be interpreted and has paid a heavy price. I doubt that she is suffering in any meaningful way, and expect that it will all blow over pretty quickly for her. Probably quicker than the circular discussion in this thread.

FWIW I asked my 13yr old if he understood what all the furore was about as I drove him to school this morning. He told me that the girl had said something racist. I asked him what that meant and he had no idea. I asked him if he understood why the word "Ape" might be insulting to some people and he had no idea. Kids understand insults. The vast majority don't understand context, nor race.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Adam Goodes: Confirmed racial slur by fan, apology made and accepted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back