Adam Selwood Sprint Star

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not just this one absurd game with selwood. Sure, him being lapped made me sigh but anyone could see that coming a mile away. If it didn't happen with Yarran, it would of happened with Armfield or Garlett. Poor coaching.

But the fact remains selwood has played horribly for quite some time and enough is enough, i'd like him gone.

Its not just Adam Selwood. I dont think Butler,Embley nor Nicoski are going to be in our next premiership team and its time to move on. I really dont figure why Selwood in particular is getting automatic games. I recall him handballing and kicking back towards goal in games over the last few years where he puts a team mate under presssure,there is a bad turnover and a goal to the opposition. But guess what - he is in next weeks team. Great player 5 years ago although I never liked his disposal. Comes a time and that time is WAFL next weekend. Lets try Blayne Wilson ( or is he the next Koby )

It wasn't necessarily Adams fault he got burnt off. Micky deliberately put these guys goal side and waited for the inevitable turn over in the middle. If we werent so fumbly with poor disposals we/he would not have been so exposed. Having said that, A Selwood butchers too many balls and continually puts his team mates under pressure. This is the exact opposite a half back flanker should be doing. I think this will be his last season. Time to make way for fresh faces.

It wasn't necessarily Adams fault he got burnt off. Micky deliberately put these guys goal side and waited for the inevitable turn over in the middle. If we werent so fumbly with poor disposals we/he would not have been so exposed. Having said that, A Selwood butchers too many balls and continually puts his team mates under pressure. This is the exact opposite a half back flanker should be doing. I think this will be his last season. Time to make way for fresh faces.
Why not do it now?

Why wait for year end? Or is it a boy's club, like most of us suspect.

Sorry Champ, not aimed at you.

Why not do it now?

Why wait for year end? Or is it a boy's club, like most of us suspect.

Sorry Champ, not aimed at you.
Well, most sporting clubs are political, amateur or professional. Have you played sports for a club that, because you weren't from the right background/family whatever, you didn't get a fair go? Then there is the line between being ultra professional/downright cutthroat and honouring and respecting the players that have been great servants of the club.

All that aside MW, I think the fact that Worsfold moved ASel off Yarran is a very strong indicator, but then again I might be proven wrong at the selection table on Thursday evening. ;)

Well, most sporting clubs are political, amateur or professional. Have you played sports for a club that, because you weren't from the right background/family whatever, you didn't get a fair go? Then there is the line between being ultra professional/downright cutthroat and honouring and respecting the players that have been great servants of the club.

All that aside MW, I think the fact that Worsfold moved ASel off Yarran is a very strong indicator, but then again I might be proven wrong at the selection table on Thursday evening. ;)

Adam Selwood should just stick to coaching, I still think he will end up coaching East Perth next year.

Adam Selwood should just stick to coaching, I still think he will end up coaching East Perth next year.
What, and you'll give us Dawson back? :p

As I was intimating to MW, I think the fact that he moved ASel, which Worsfold normally doesn't do, is a very telling signal. What do you think RE?

adam selwood and embley are two blokes that get a walk-up start whenever they're healthy, regardless of form. don't mean to jump in the queue while the knives are out but adam needs to come out of the team for some younger talent. a few years ago i was sure he was our future captain but he just doesn't bring enough to the team these days. difficult situation because he's a popular member of the leadership group and probably has no interest in playing out his days in the wafl.
i'd like to see wilson given a run after seeing his nab form, or giving smith one last extended run to make the position his.

John mentioned a year ago A Selwood and A Embley where not automatic selections anymore, but I think he has gone backwards on
that a bit. He had to move Selwood of Yarran but took his time to do it, really not sure John has a tendency to stick with older players to the detriment of the team.
Remember when Banfield was in his last season and teams had worked him out and isolated him and he had 3 or goals kicked on him 4 weeks in a row and still Woosha didn't
move him.

John mentioned a year ago A Selwood and A Embley where not automatic selections anymore, but I think he has gone backwards on
that a bit. He had to move Selwood of Yarran but took his time to do it, really not sure John has a tendency to stick with older players to the detriment of the team.
Remember when Banfield was in his last season and teams had worked him out and isolated him and he had 3 or goals kicked on him 4 weeks in a row and still Woosha didn't
move him.

The year we won a flag?

move him.

Needs to be more reflexible.. less resistant to change

move him.

To be fair Banfield's job in the GF went a long way to us winning. I can't remember who he played on Can someone remind me, it'll piss me off all night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't like putting you on the spot swannster but I would like your opinion sir...

A.Selwood and Embley... would you prefer to see them in the team each week like this over others, or not?

Boom. Go.... :thumbsu:

I don't like putting you on the spot swannster but I would like your opinion sir...

A.Selwood and Embley... would you prefer to see them in the team each week like this over others, or not?

Boom. Go.... :thumbsu:
Well DS, sir, it depends on what you expect to achieve out of the season. If you're in full development swing, a la Melbourne, GC, GWS, then you would put youngsters in, instead.
For example, if we thought Ash Smith could become a midfielder, then bring him in to get games into him in a different position. The other aspect is the loyalty to a veteran hero, where do you draw that line?
Personally, I would have him out, but my son tells me he hasn't been anywhere near as bad as I (and others) think. Embley is a different kettle of fish, because I don't think he is safe. Once Rosa is back, then there is Rosa, Gaff and Embley and I feel that Rosa and Gaff are ahead of Embers, even in MC eyes, so that will be interesting.

I agree. His position within the team isn't entirely untenable. Yeah he's not very quick, but his corralling almost makes up for this.

Having said that, I think he should be used as depth/a bit of experience. Give someone else a crack for a few games and see how much better we can do.

Adam Selwood may be useful tagging other mids like Jobe ( not known for his speed ) and Luke Ball when the opportunity rises, play him as a defensive mid only because he pretty much gets touched up goal side with open goals as we saw last week. I can see value in him so long as he has his free pass to kick taken away from him, make him handball only and perhaps play him as only a sub and only in select games where he can contribute and match up against similarly paced opposition...meh drop him.

well he was at least chasing all be it slowly. go back a few frames and spot the guys who elected not to chase. That to me is the real concern. Garlett made up 20 metres to shepherd yarran yet no eagles player got anywhere near to help selwood.
Excellent point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Adam Selwood Sprint Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Back