Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Skip to 2024: Simpson coaching tenure officially ends

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wasn't it after the Bulldogs game and then we went on our little run of being competitive?

That might’ve been when he used his once every 10 week spray.

If any can be ****ed, look at the matches vs Dockers and Dees at Optus. Stark contrast to the last two games. Wonder what happened 🤔

If the club decide to move Adam on I hope they wrap up the new coach appointment well before the trade period. We need some certainty within the ranks if we intend on being active in bringing players across.

The club would already have a little folder of prospects they've been keeping tabs on, to do otherwise after the past few seasons would just be reckless.

Lol I never said it was sumich or Simpson and nobody else.

Run along little child.
Umm, I think you said exactly that -

"Sumich has a decent record and has good insights.
Ooooooorrrrr we can stay with Simmo who talks wonderfully in press conferences but has decimated the club.
Take your pick"👍

Why do I feel like I'm conversing with a teenager?
"Run along little child" - seriously?

Last edited:
If the club decide to move Adam on I hope they wrap up the new coach appointment well before the trade period. We need some certainty within the ranks if we intend on being active in bringing players across.

The club would already have a little folder of prospects they've been keeping tabs on, to do otherwise after the past few seasons would just be reckless.
What was the timeline like with Simmo's appointment/Woosha's departure?

I feel like Simmo was in place by the time the trade period came around so at least it's been done before - but could be wrong.

I kinda liked that we’ve never sacked a coach mid season and the reality is that since we pushed Todd out at the end of 1989 we’ve only properly sacked one coach (Judge) since.

Malthouse bailed to Collingwood with a year still to run on his contract. Judge was judged and was properly sacked. Worsfold was a mutually agreed parting of the ways that was presented as him resigning which saved the club from firing him.

There would be very few people anywhere that think Simpson will be coaching West Coast in 2025. I don’t think even he believes he will be

So the only question now is what can be gained by him staying on for the last 7 games. I don’t think it’s doing the club, the players, the coaches or Simpson himself prolonging this any longer

Give him this weekend to coach what will be his 243rd game in charge, drawing level with Malthouse for games coached at West Coast, and the fans can thank him for what he has done before the club moves on

Get the ball rolling in the search for his replacement and roll out some different looks to see what players can offer when given an opportunity or played in a different position

Questions on his coaching are only going to grow louder if nothing is done

I’ve always been a fan of Simpson’s and supported the decision to keep him on for this year but sadly the time has come for a new coach to take over
Agree, or the club makes a public statement saying he will see out the remaining games and exit. But we might still have to endure deplorable performances for that duration?
Prefer the band-aid method, let's move on!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade week starts a week after the GF and most trades are set in motion well before that

Two of the more talked about prospects, Cox and Hansen, may well be involved in the GF for their respective clubs making any appointment before trade week somewhat problematic

Disagree, we need to be playing the long game with list management, a new coach would be more keen on a short term sugar hit for their own sake.

Did Simmo do his weekly segment on channel 7?, barra said something on radio today about him doing it because Ryan Daniel’s is away on holiday, but haven’t seen anything.

Listening to SEN now and a listener wrote in to say that the Eagles board members are arriving at Mineral Resources park....

Make of that what you will.

May be nothing in it.

I actually saw Paul Fitzpatrick and Ben Wyatt walking up Jolimont Terrace outside the ‘G after the captains run on Saturday. Was inclined to yell out “Gents, what happens to Simmo if we get towelled up again tomorrow?”

Kind of regret not doing so now. Though I’m sure they would have either ignored it or played a straight bat with some “we’re expecting a response” platitude.

This is worth a watch.

Wow.
I knew our pressure and care factor was low but that really shows how bad it is.
He basically ran through 7 players and not one changed trajectory to tackle on the wing. All ran past him.

Whether or not that's a coaching issue or not is t the issue, it's going to cost Simpson his job because it's been a consistent thing Simpson has been unable to or unwilling to deal with.

I actually saw Paul Fitzpatrick and Ben Wyatt walking up Jolimont Terrace outside the ‘G after the captains run on Saturday. Was inclined to yell out “Gents, what happens to Simmo if we get towelled up again tomorrow?”

Kind of regret not doing so now. Though I’m sure they would have either ignored it or played a straight bat with some “we’re expecting a response” platitude.
They'd probably yell back "we'll own it"

Wow.
I knew our pressure and care factor was low but that really shows how bad it is.
He basically ran through 7 players and not one changed trajectory to tackle on the wing. All ran past him.

Whether or not that's a coaching issue or not is t the issue, it's going to cost Simpson his job because it's been a consistent thing Simpson has been unable to or unwilling to deal with.
So many examples of poor efforts.

Darling's token 'attemps' at tackling, just sticking an arm out like he's hailing a taxi.
McGovern kicking to statues after a behind.
JJ not even sticking his arms up on the mark inside the Dee's F50.

It's actually surprising to me that Melb won by 'only' 9 goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back