Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Skip to 2024: Simpson coaching tenure officially ends

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes let’s create a poll to validate my ‘opinion’ and see how many people agree with me 🙄

Again, do you think we should wait until the season actually starts? There won’t be many people who would argue that unless we see some sort of improvement, then contract or no contract, it will probably be time for a change.

There won’t be a poll until mid season at best.

For now we have Simpson as coach, so let’s shelve that idea for a minute, until I don’t know, maybe we start playing season proper?

For a guy who has had 2 of the worst seasons of AFL in AFL history he always looks very comfortable.

I watched him on the boundary line chuckling with people, not a care I the world while we are 10 goals down... again

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes, because it's preseason and coaches don't care about results very much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't see us getting close to GWS but reckon we're a big chance against Richmond.
Agree, I have GWS for the flag this year and think they were robbed of a shot at it last year. After coming from 15th half way through the season no less. Serious team. Not convinced we are a big chance against Tigers. I think against any team other than North, Hawks and perhaps Gold Coast, we are a very slim chance at best.

You don't think Richmond will slide this year? I do yes.

Essendon they are like The Pakistan Cricket Team .... you never know what side comes out on the day..... so they always give you a chance against them, but they would need to have a down day and we will need to play at our best.

I do think they will slide but as Godfather32 says below, they will still beat us.

Simmo is definitely on a short leash this year will want significant improvement or positives from last year

It used to, then Richmond did what no other club did before and changed the support staff instead of sacking the coach.

3 premierships later, clubs are thinking that just maybe they can try other changes first, instead of simply sacking the head coach.

Times change.
You mean like Geelong nearly 20 years ago?

Mind you, WC sacking coaches has a pretty good track record of good results following.

I think the club made the right decision allowing him to continue on this year, but I do not see him going beyond 2024. That's not an indictment of his ability as head coach, but he is in his 11th season now and from some of his comments last year he seems to be resigned to the fact that he won't be the coach to take us to our next flag.

It wouldn't surprise me if the club makes an announcement towards the back end of the season that he will step down at the end of the year. The club can begin the search for his replacement early and he can be given the send off he deserves.

I think the club made the right decision allowing him to continue on this year, but I do not see him going beyond 2024. That's not an indictment of his ability as head coach, but he is in his 11th season now and from some of his comments last year he seems to be resigned to the fact that he won't be the coach to take us to our next flag.

It wouldn't surprise me if the club makes an announcement towards the back end of the season that he will step down at the end of the year. The club can begin the search for his replacement early and he can be given the send off he deserves.
If we get significant improvement, why he walk away?
Also, can't seem him giving up a million or so dollars by quitting.

IMO, if we get improvement, he stays on and sees out his contract.

If not, he gets the flick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back