Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Skip to 2024: Simpson coaching tenure officially ends

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed Reid is sitting right next to Williams

Pretty clear what's happening; trying to keep on good terms with Reid for when he poaches Harley to join him at the Bears when he becomes an assistant there next year.

conspiracy-charlie-day.gif

Two of Australia’s most highly intelligent people discuss today’s news…..

How either have jobs in the media is beyond belief. They make Barich sound educated

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remember when Andrew Gaze was on of our countries most revered international sportsmen? Now he's just an absolute clown.

With that press release not even thanking Simmo for his time at the club and the weirdness of that presser it's good to see that the talking heads on the other side of the country are finally getting exposed to how big of a rabble club we are.

The players should never have been put in the position they were. They ended up there via continual board and football dept failure to accurately asses realities in numerous areas whilst approving an imbecilic coaching contract.
A club is always in crisis when captains come out and front the media saying the playing group is 100% behind the coach, which in this case wasn't even true.
The problem with putting that on a first year, young captain, is you instantly undermine his own developing authority within the player group and the honesty required between group and club hierarchy. The group know he's having to spin shit or worse; not even up to speed with all the groups thoughts. It's an indictment on the club and the sort of thing that left unchecked, sets clubs up for longer time-frames of failure.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been an amazing spokesperson and representative for the club, will go down as a legend for bringing us our 4th cup.

Definitely time though, he looks beaten and out of ideas, happens to the best coaches.

Much of this is on the players however, you came out week after week and said you were behind him but your performances spoke volumes of how you truly felt.

Hopefully Simmo has a nice break and enjoys the life his success had afforded him with the family. I don't doubt he'll end up somewhere else in the system at some point.

Well done and thank you.

FFS couldn’t you have waited until next week.

As an aside, posters on our board already lining Simpson up for an assistant role at the Lions.
Mate, i dont mind your insight but read the room.

Brisbane lions can fcuk right off!

This guy has given 11 years, moved his family interstate, and taken us to two Grand Finals and one premiership. He has fronted the media and industry over the darkest times and done it the best way he could, lesser men would have resigned on stress leave a long time ago.

We are not in the business of just sacking coaches, this isnt celebratory in nature. I wish Simmo luck, and I hope the whole club is now on notice because there are alot of players there who know themselves they havent held their end of the deal.

If I were the man I was five years ago I'd take a FLAME-THROWER to this place, and remove alot of these bums who are lucky they had the chance to be a part of club when any other time they would never have had a look in.

Pretty remarkable that Simmo finished with barely a 50% win ratio and Worsfold finished with 53%. Simmo was always ahead of Woosha in terms of a coach but you have to say at the end of the day Woosha came out on top. Simmo was the better tactican but Woosha was the better motivator, I don't think anyone was sending texts at the end of his run.

At least if Dean Cox accepts the role Chad Warner is a real chance to come with him

Did a great job over a long time, and been a great coach. Record from early days through to 2019 spoke for itself, but definitely time for a change.

I'm quite excited for the next era. Don't really know who the good candidates would be, obvious one would be Cox at Swans.

Pretty remarkable that Simmo finished with barely a 50% win ratio and Worsfold finished with 53%. Simmo was always ahead of Woosha in terms of a coach but you have to say at the end of the day Woosha came out on top. Simmo was the better tactican but Woosha was the better motivator, I don't think anyone was sending texts at the end of his run.
Possibly more remarkable that he effectively lost three consecutive seasons to close his career and is still above 50%, such is the start he made at the club.

I think BW is upset Simmo got the boot, and doesn't want to be sitting there smiling about what isn't a happy occasion. He barely has time to register that it's Simmo walking up from behind.

After Simmo passes him, it looks like he smiles but I can't tell for sure.

View attachment 2043546
kramer-keithhernandez.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back