Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Skip to 2024: Simpson coaching tenure officially ends

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies for the intrusion but saw on Reddit that Simpson looked over at Reid and said "You had your say"

Any substance?

Overall vibe from non-Eagles fans is that was a debacle/car crash of a press conference...

West Coast has sacked coach Adam Simpson and thrown him under the bus with a wild moment in his farewell press conference.
How about you take the rest of the day off champ. You spend half your life looking for things to nitpick and whinge about. You could just take the presser at face value, there is no way to sack a coach and have press conference that is not awkward.
It wasn't good or bad it just was.

How about you take the rest of the day off champ. You spend half your life looking for things to nitpick and whinge about. You could just take the presser at face value, there is no way to sack a coach and have press conference that is not awkward.
It wasn't good or bad it just was.
I mean you can address a actual point instead of going on a emotional rant but okay

It was truly awkward when Don said Simmo was coaching this week then Simmo said "Dont know about that' . Im not sure how that isnt awkward without some massive mental gymnastics

Its not the end of the world all things considered but doesnt mean its not accurate

Overall vibe from non-Eagles fans is that was a debacle/car crash of a press conference...

West Coast has sacked coach Adam Simpson and thrown him under the bus with a wild moment in his farewell press conference.
News.com.au is a tabloid. Like most of the footy media, pushing sensationalist drivel is its business model. Citing it does not help your argument.

Regardless, the article hardly portrays the press conference as a "debacle or car crash". Confirmation bias at play.

Timing makes a lot of sense

Port are likely to sack Ken hence we get ahead of the pack.

Simmo has looked tired and over it for a while now. The one thing that has bothered me was his statements of late that we are just starting the rebuild. We started in Oct 2022 and now have the largest cohort of players 22 and younger. It felt like he was buying time.

Regardless, he delivered 2 GF appearances and a flag in his 11 years and has been a very good coach.

Footnote to Board - never let a coach stay more than 10 unless they are on year to year contracts.

It was interesting in the press conference that the demeanour of the guy who had just been executed was the most relaxed. Both Pyke and Fitzpatrick looked awkward, pained and uncomfortable. The Simpson Fitzpatrick handshake at the end was strained

Say what you want about Simpson's coaching by the end. Bu at the press conference he came across as one tough cookie. All class.

Go well Adam
By its very nature it is a tense and difficult event. Would be strange if the participants were very comfortable.

Kind of impossible when everyone engages with them. Makes BF unusable.

Works perfectly fine if we work in unison and execute the game plan together. This board needs some synergy in identifying the bottom feeding flogs and ignoring them or at the very least not copying them into replies.

Our defence has been shit lately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

News.com.au is a tabloid. Like most of the footy media, pushing sensationalist drivel is its business model. Citing it does not help your argument.

Regardless, the article hardly portrays the press conference as a "debacle or car crash". Confirmation bias at play.
Yeah fair call. Shouldnt be quoting that tabloid rag

Didnt even strike me it was news.com.au til you mentioned it. I clicked on it from Twitter

Or it's even more weird that Bailey is the only person he's saying he

heres the link (with clip) for anyone that cares.

I personally dont hear it that way "your" doesnt sound right.

Sounds like that, who knows, odd thing to do if so...they all look like frightened school kids at a headmaster's address. Just the uncertainty of it all. Bit of a wild ride for Hutchinson.

SCOTT SELWOOD

Undoubtedly the youngest of the options West Coast have to choose from, the 34-year-old Selwood helped greatly with Collingwood’s eventual premiership in 2023. Having previously been head-hunted by Brisbane to join the Lions’ den last year, he is clearly highly touted despite his youth. A former Eagle himself, Selwood played 135 games at the club between 2008 and 2015 before joining older brother Joel at Geelong for four years before his delisting. From a family with deep connections at West Coast, Selwood could be one of, if not the biggest investment a club could make on the market right now. With players such as Andrew Gaff and Jeremy McGovern only two years his junior, could one of the rarer player-turned-coach crossovers take place? We can’t rule it out.

SCOTT SELWOOD 2025

90bc4adc78190468893551199944b437

Could just as easily be "you have to stay"
It seems two words. Simmo said that really fast and didn't enunciate words.

Like your the same
Who's your name
Whatcha name.
Eat the hay

All I know is what he said does not sound like 4 words. He said it was to fast with quick enunciation

Works perfectly fine if we work in unison and execute the game plan together. This board needs some synergy in identifying the bottom feeding flogs and ignoring them or at the very least not copying them into replies.

Agree absolutely!!...It's tedious, repetitive and boring...am usually not one for conspiracy theories, but it's almost as though a Freo sleeper-troll cell has awoken in our midst? :tearsofjoy:
Please use your ignore buttons!

Anyone who only wants to listen to people they agree with should probably just go to Twitter and get a feed they are after

You have the option to just not reply and not read it. Im sure you are mentally advanced enough for it

Overall though you are better off embracing diversity of opinion then crying about it really. If you cant handle a alternative opinion then your own then just ignore it otherwise

Either way just own it and not carry on about it

It seems two words. Simmo said that really fast and didn't enunciate words.

Like your the same
Who's your name
Whatcha name.

All I know is what he said does not sound like 4 words. He said it was to fast with quick enunciation
Nup. My narrative from now on is that Harley knifed him by going to the board and saying "get rid of this clown or im going back to Victoria".

Cmon PerthNow, quote me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back