Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Skip to 2024: Simpson coaching tenure officially ends

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Brisbane Lions had any class they'd rest about 22 players this week.
The Office Ryan GIF

Both Baz and Harley had sheepish grins after Simpson apparently said something that didn't sound like a joke. No one else smirking, just the two in the back row....interesting

I think it may have been ‘good efforts mate’. Either way it’s weird to single out Harley and say anything on the way in
To me it sounds like he said "you had to choose" or "good attitude"

Whatever it was he was talking to reid and he looks pissed off with reid.

So all we know is
1. Daisy looked at Bailey Williams
2. Harley turned to Bailey and laughed

What we don't know
1. Did simmo flick the paper at Bailey
It's the old

Look, all I can tell you is what I've already told Mister Beasley: none of us saw anything. It was just one of those things: Bluey Barnes was reading a magazine; Ambrose Hatcheson was taking a piss; Johnny Price was washing his hands; Jimmy Loughnan was watching a bullant crawl across the table, and I was watching Jimmy watching the bullant.

Has anyone actually done a study to confirm/ deny if orange slices at half time impact performance?
Yes, I have a doctorate on the subject. Potassium, a key nutrient in oranges, plays a significant role in muscle function and preventing cramps. During exercise, potassium levels can drop, leading to muscle cramps and discomfort. By eating oranges at halftime, our players replenish their potassium levels, keeping those pesky cramps at bay. It also helps restore energy without the sugar crash from processed fruit drinks etc..

Yes, I have a doctorate on the subject. Potassium, a key nutrient in oranges, plays a significant role in muscle function and preventing cramps. During exercise, potassium levels can drop, leading to muscle cramps and discomfort. By eating oranges at halftime, our players replenish their potassium levels, keeping those pesky cramps at bay. It also helps restore energy without the sugar crash from processed fruit drinks etc..
Pickle juice mate😁

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why not just eat bananas then

Recent history of mid season sacking/resignation usually results obtaining best available candidate before your competitor do.

Pies and Buckley allowed them to do all the dilegence before appointing McCrae. Kingsley, yze, and bunch of others interviewed.

Had Hardwick done the right thing and walk at end of season prior, I suspect tigers would've given Kingsley the Job, but instead he was given the GWS job BC they parted ways early enough.

We don't want to wait till the end of the year before seeking an entire coaching panel. We need to do due diligence on head coach and the assistance.

At end of year
Port could sack Hinkley, carr walks straight in. Now that might be a given, but if we don't give him the opportunity to consider us then we will never know.

There is also a deadline on assistance coaches tenure for the following season. We have to be in the box seat for the merry go round before new contracts are signed for next year.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah it does make sense on those points for sure.

Can't see him coaching on the weekend. All it could achieve is the team getting thumped and fans getting vocal at the bench. Or the team coming out and winning and the feeling of 'why didn't they do this earlier?'

A fresh start is needed to see where the team is at. He can do a lap at the last home game when everyone has had time to process.

You heard right, a female journo asked the question. Could’ve been a bit of a banana skin but Pyke handled it perfectly.
Crazy question. Daisy is still learning the ropes of being a coach in the AFLW at the moment. She’s smart enough and honest enough to know she needs help and so is leaning on some of the more experienced womens footy coaches we have overseeing things at the club, but she’s not ready for a men’s coaching gig yet. I’m very sure she would say the same thing herself.

Last edited:
Crazy question. Daisy is still learning the ropes of being a coach in the AFLW at the moment. She’s smart enough and honest enough to know she needs help and so is leaving on some of the more experienced womens footy coaches we have overseeing things at the club, but she’s not ready for a men’s coaching gig yet. I’m very sure she would say the same thing herself.
Absolutely not saying you’re doing this - yours is a very fair post. Just jumping off from it:

I really don’t think we need to discuss the Daisy question. It also doesn’t matter that the journo who asked it was female, especially as nobody deemed it notable that a male journalist asked Don Pyke if he’d be CEO/Coach and take on the gig for the next few weeks. It was a weird question, it’s not a topic that needs discussion, it’s simply setting everyone involved for an absolute hiding to nothing so let’s park it.

Afl 360 was actually pretty balanced tonight re what’s gone on today. Even Robbo made sense.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
He was so close to pulling a Houdini. When we had that purple patch earlier in the season, I thought he might actually pull it off. This past month has been the death knell. A real shame, he’s a quality bloke and quality coach, but the messages are falling on deaf ears now and the players were no longer playing for him.

We better see some ****ing fire this weekend.

Simpson will end up at North, clarko to tassie, Harley will get weeded out by simmo

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
If you’ve got all 10 Victorian clubs lining up to sign you - who on earth would choose North Melbourne?

If Harley’s always dreamed of playing in front of 15k on a Saturday afternoon at Marvel I’m sure he’d then consider

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back