Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Skip to 2024: Simpson coaching tenure officially ends

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It seems two words. Simmo said that really fast and didn't enunciate words.

Like your the same
Who's your name
Whatcha name.
Eat the hay

All I know is what he said does not sound like 4 words. He said it was to fast with quick enunciation
I thought I told you to shave those sideburns

Definite

Jesus, there has never been such noise about Reid's discontent regarding Simmo.

Now there is footage of Simmo responding "you had your say"

Is anyone else wearing tinfoil hats and believing we are run by the lizard royal family supported by the Freemasons?
One of simmos mates - prolly sheed is out front of the fourseasons gardening shed now ranting about stop the Peel

Last edited:
If BW was the one who white anted his coach, he can GTFO this offseason too

It wasn’t the texters it was the shit house performances and failure to play the new game plan with a strong side expected to play better to at least minimise the crushing losses ..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2018 GF will be the best I see and very grateful for that.

Do agree it was time to go however I really hope Adam can have a circuit breaker from footy for a little after all the stress of the last 18 months and sure we’ll see him again performing at a high level.

His poise and eloquence in that last presser despite the obvious emotion was incredibly impressive, a role model to the end.

Thanks Simmo.

Simo got to:
  • Clip Woodcock to a round of applause, and
  • Shove Sheed not long after?

He must read BF.

Hooroo Adam. A relationship that needed to part ways for the greater good of both parties.

Forever thankful for '18.

Go well with whatever you do next.
Simmo should have aggressively pointed at him. Missed a golden opportunity to create an all time level meme.

Thank you for all the memories Simmo in leading us to two grand finals and winning the 2018 grand final.

He was a good tactician coming up with the possession first chip mark gameplan which peaked in 2018. Could've potentially went back to back in 2019 imo if we won against Collingwood, Richmond and Hawthorn putting us on top of the ladder and that the finals had dry conditions that benefits the team's kick mark game (and if Willie never got done for weed too) and we also could've went deeper into finals if Darling converted against the Dogs in 2020 (not saying we would've won though). That's just me being overly optimistic though.

However, he did not have the ability to adapt and change once the competition figured out how to stop the kick mark gameplan and stubbornly kept using it even though it was clear that it has well and truly been figured out. Even in 2019 the club got exposed against hard ball winning teams in the wet when it cannot keep constant possession. It became exacerbated when the STAND rule came in which meant that the man on the mark can't defend against a quick handball which in turn destroyed the team's zone defence which Simmo refused to change. Simmo kept on using the old stale kick mark gameplan which takes a lot of risk without reward when the new meta gameplan is fast ball movement taking advantage of the STAND rule. I may make a Dylan82 style tactics thread soon and how the club could contend sooner rather than later.

The team's failure began as early as post bye 2021 and the club could put it that it's still COVID affected. In 2022 the club was heavily hammered by COVID and injuries to the point of relying on top ups and in 2023 the club had one of the worst injury runs in league history. We didn't know if it was the coach, the medical team, strength and conditioning staff or the players themselves as the club had to keep chopping and changing the side each week that ruins team chemistry that makes it harder to work as a cohesion on field. The club would've sacked Simmo in 2023 but it couldn't due to the massive soft tax penalty it would occur.

In 2024 signs were almost the same as 2023 but the club had a much healthier list so injuries cannot be an excuse (unless H.Reid got injured). The game against Sydney showed that it looked like we turned a corner with us being competitive against them, losses were somewhat competitive and the club started winning games especially against Freo and Melbourne. The club was competitive against Gold Coast without H.Reid and we were good against Essendon and could've won. We upset the Dees at home and it looked like we were back to being competitive again. Unfortunately we got destroyed against Adelaide although we were competitive against the Saints, North and Essendon which we could've potentially won those games if the club had better structures and Reid and Kelly were available.

The Hawthorn match with the club having a nearly full healthy list to choose from made it clear that Simmo could not continue and there was drama during the week that players did not like Simmo before the Dees game before they beaten us (I think the Dees played badly otherwise they would've smashed us by a lot more). The board came together and discussed with Simmo and they made it clear and I'm sure Simmo himself knew that he could not continue as coach especially that the players have no more faith in him and Simmo has lost the players who stopped producing efforts. The club decided that it was worth paying the soft cap penalties as it wasn't as much as it would've been should the club sacked Simmo in 2023.

At the end the club decided to part ways with him as it was becoming too stale.

worse thing is, we haven't even discussed the direction Harley is smirking towards... which i'm sad to say is east.

That's all the evidence I need. Reid out.

worse thing is, we haven't even discussed the direction Harley is smirking towards... which i'm sad to say is east.
Clearly he's smirking at the east with contempt: "You guys still think I'm coming home, even though I just personally got the coach sacked so I could orchestrate the West Coast rebuild myself? Give it up, losers!"
Pretty obvious stuff to a student of body language.

Debunked using my 650 headphones. Simmo said

You'll have the same.

Just listened for the "You'll have" it's very apparent

As for why this Reddit post explained-
I've listened and watched this a bunch of times and really think Simmo says "You'll have the same", referencing the amount of media attention Harley Reid gets. You can see him gesturing with his hand holding the paper to Harley on "You", then to the cameras on "same"—that gesture doesn't really make sense with either "You've had your say" or "You have to stay".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back