Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Skip to 2024: Simpson coaching tenure officially ends

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it turns out that we are now at the point of replacing Simmo, Schofield should get a chance to present to the board in the same manner as anyone else. It is part of the board's job to figure out whether he is a good candidate whose ideas haven't been implemented. Their job is to find the best candidate and you can't do that by summarily dismissing people who have the necessary background.

Where we are currently with our coaching reminds me of the end of Worsfold's tenure, no spark, no fight, game plan out dated and going through the motions each week. We pulled the pin on Woosha and got Simmo , and few a few yrs that worked out pretty good for us, it is not working now, time to bite the bullet, and take a chance on an assistant coach currently plying his trade in the system, it worked out alright in the past for us.

Kind of feel like if you are willing to ruin your reputation and legacy completely over a extra 1 million dollars when you have been given say 8 mill, you are probably a terrible leader and therefore a terrible coach

For someone like Gaff to stay on, yeah I get. For someone like Simmo, I dont.

Leave with your dignity instead of 1 million dollars

Kind of feel like if you are willing to ruin your reputation and legacy completely over a extra 1 million dollars when you have been given say 8 mill, you are probably a terrible leader and therefore a terrible coach

Yeah, nah.

I'd take the $1mil every day of the week.

it's the Victorian in him

Deep down he DGAF and wants his cash

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Sack Simmo movement from the media would probably feel vindicated now.

So they well should.

I found it very difficult last year to separate the impact of the injuries from the performances. I took the side that this was a team struggling for personnel, struggling for a consistent 22, struggling with unfit players returning too early and thus struggling to construct any forward momentum.

I gave Simpson support based on a clean slate, clean pre-season, clean re-start approach.

What is being delivered is so confusing at the moment. There is no narrative to what the match committee are doing, the game day tactics change weekly and the effort many players are exhibiting is appalling.

Outside of a handful of players, it is hard to understand exactly how the squad is developing into becoming a consistent, competitive outfit again.

Player effort is on Simpson. Viable coaches have players that put in effort. The pressure gauge yesterday must have been at an all time low.

it's the Victorian in him

Deep down he DGAF and wants his cash

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Would you give up a million dollars?

No ****ing way.

He's got a contract, if the club wants to end it early, they pay up.

It's ridiculous to expect that from anyone.

Where we are currently with our coaching reminds me of the end of Worsfold's tenure, no spark, no fight, game plan out dated and going through the motions each week. We pulled the pin on Woosha and got Simmo , and few a few yrs that worked out pretty good for us, it is not working now, time to bite the bullet, and take a chance on an assistant coach currently plying his trade in the system, it worked out alright in the past for us.
Agree - it always seems to freshen a squad up being exposed to different tactics.

So they well should.

I found it very difficult last year to separate the impact of the injuries from the performances. I took the side that this was a team struggling for personnel, struggling for a consistent 22, struggling with unfit players returning too early and thus struggling to construct any forward momentum.

I gave Simpson support based on a clean slate, clean pre-season, clean re-start approach.

What is being delivered is so confusing at the moment. There is no narrative to what the match committee are doing, the game day tactics change weekly and the effort many players are exhibiting is appalling.

Outside of a handful of players, it is hard to understand exactly how the squad is developing into becoming a consistent, competitive outfit again.

Player effort is on Simpson. Viable coaches have players that put in effort. The pressure gauge yesterday must have been at an all time low.
And the limp replies he game in the post-game presser were infuriating

(Log in to remove this ad.)

always the same few posters coming into this thread to stick the boot in…they were conspicuously absent in round 10 :shoutyoldman: :rolleyesv1:
To be fair its hard to get any sort of conversation going on sacking the coach when he wins.

From my own perspective: we could win every game from here to the end of the season, and I would still want him out. He's done here. He's achieved great things and will go down in history as one of our premiership coaches, but there comes a time where every coach manages to wring the very last drop of talent and desire out of a side that they possible can, and the game evolves beyond their ability to successfully adapt their current club to. That's where Simmo is now.

To be fair its hard to get any sort of conversation going on sacking the coach when he wins.

From my own perspective: we could win every game from here to the end of the season, and I would still want him out. He's done here. He's achieved great things and will go down in history as one of our premiership coaches, but there comes a time where every coach manages to wring the very last drop of talent and desire out of a side that they possible can, and the game evolves beyond their ability to successfully adapt their current club to. That's where Simmo is now.
Yeah I was being facetious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back