Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Skip to 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact they didn't name the players is cowardice.

Though the fact they even have the texts is pretty much an indictment on the club.
The players get educated extensively on preventing this kind of stuff so can only think it's intentionally done.

Maybe the players wanted them leaked. It wouldn’t be the first time the media has been used to fuel an agenda.

The same thing happened in 2013 albeit without leaked text messages.

Reports of player unrest with Woosha as head coach ends up with Woosha resigning after player reviews.

So a precedent has been set before.

Whoever showed them the texts wouldn't be keen on burning their relationship with the player/s who apparently sent them, so it's not cowardice.

I mean we all know that The West has very little journalistic integrity but even they would know that doing that would all but guarantee nobody tells them anything under condition of anonymity ever again.

exactly.

If there were texts

is there an AFL scandal without texts? I can think of half a dozen off the top of my head.

A lot of delusional cope in this thread.

I'm more surprised its taken this long.

If it is true (it’s The West so good chance it’s just crap) then it’s pretty rank that this has been played out in the media instead of behind closed doors.

If some players think Simmo should step away then that’s fair enough - but for it to plastered on the newspaper that the players don’t want him there is pretty shitty for the guy.

If it is true (it’s The West so good chance it’s just crap) then it’s pretty rank that this has been played out in the media instead of behind closed doors.

If some players think Simmo should step away then that’s fair enough - but for it to plastered on the newspaper that the players don’t want him there is pretty shitty for the guy.

to be fair to the players, they are discussing their workplace in a group chat with workmates (and a couple of ex-workmates) something most people have probably done at some point.

there isnt a workplace in existence where people dont talk shit about the boss at some point.

the fact its been leaked is unfortunate but likely down to 1 person.

“The West has also obtained text messages by three current members of the squad sent to people formerly associated with the club saying they no longer backed Simpson as coach. One of the messages was written by a senior star, with the other two by younger players.”

Taken at face value, thats game over.
Are they disgruntled players not getting a game, or players in the current B22?

I am not saying Simmo should stay on (I'd understand completely if he was replaced) but there could be something in this article or it could just be a trolling. Chances are in a group of 44 players not everyone gets on with the coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This certainly ups the ante though in Simmo possibly getting the bullet mid season if there is another performance like last week in the next week or so.

Almost certain it has been deliberately leaked at this time when the scrutiny has gone back onto Simpson after the weekend.

Needless to say that Simmo’s pre-flight press conference tomorrow morning will be worth tuning into live.

Meh.

back when I ran restaurants, I had a number of staff at various venues who weren't happy with me.

They were all the shit ones and I kept the good ones.

Difference is, I knew how to get the best out of them.

Simm(p)o's lost his touch.

This certainly ups the ante though in Simmo possibly getting the bullet mid season if there is another performance like last week in the next week or so.

Almost certain it has been deliberately leaked at this time when the scrutiny has gone back onto Simpson after the weekend.

Needless to say that Simmo’s pre-flight press conference tomorrow morning will be worth tuning into live.
I don't see how it could be any senior players in the current side, and if it is. Flog act given he's picked them game after game through shit performances that wouldn't stand up in a WAFL match

You’re being paid a million bucks a year to lead and get results, you 100% cop the shit if you’re not getting the results.
I’m ****ed if I know how he’s made it this long.
Same reason as Bevo: He won a flag.

His recent results are obviously a lot worse but Bevo's had the exact same accusations leveled at him, just this season.

Neither would have a job if they weren't a premiership coach. Clubs just hang onto them for far too long.

Unless one of the 2 "younger" players was Harley Reid I don't think Simpson is in a worse position than he was after the final whistle on Sunday.

Who really gives a rats arse what the Senior star thinks? None of them will be around when we are contending irrespective of who the coach is.

The absolute worst thing the hierarchy could do is let this soft group of players think they can not only phone it in on game day but that they can get the coach axed too. You could add 5 more years onto the rebuild.

There are basically a handful of players that are locked into future planning and the rest of them should be shitting their pants at the prospect of Simmo's ice-cream train derailing. They have had it very, very good.

I don't see how it could be any senior players in the current side, and if it is. Flog act given he's picked them game after game through shit performances that wouldn't stand up in a WAFL match
Maybe it's one of the kpd who seem to be sick of bailing the rest of the team out week after week

But you would have to agree that the addition of the glasses make him look a bit more intelligent.

Fairly certain they have prescription free lenses and he only wears them so Ricciutto won't punch him again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back