Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Skip to 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate, in the time I have seen your postings you have never said anything good about team or coaches.
Good to see you are keeping up your form.

Sorry, the coach is doing a fabulous job. Should be signed again for ten years… feel better?
Now how has that changed our situation where he is out coached, selected the credits crew year after year, we have leaks from players at the club and we are tracking for possibly our third wooden spoon.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sorry, the coach is doing a fabulous job. Should be signed again for ten years… feel better?
Now how has that changed our situation where he is out coached, selected the credits crew year after year, we have leaks from players at the club and we are tracking for possibly our third wooden spoon.

You are the one who needs to feel better, I am doing just fine thanks.
I understood a long time ago that nothing stays on top forever.
Maybe you heard this at school age "What goes up must come down".

I can't really imagine a messenger group with senior players and the NKOTB where they would delve into anything serious, like sharing their POV on the coach.

Anyhoo...

I've back him in all the way until last weekend. Last week showed some players arent playing in the right positions, and i suspect because the coach doesnt want to place a younger player in a role. I think the main issue we lack speed out of defense and simmo cant figure out how to place the right magnets, OR he refuses to trust some players in a role that maybe they havent trained much.

We have SOME speed - petch, hunt, johnson, ginbey hewett (Inj), rawlinson, JJ, brockman, chesser, burgeil

I get that a couple havent done enough in the wafl to elevate - burgeil rawlinson

But why we have cole witherden and rotham as our running defenders we will continue to get slaughtered by the likes of Ginnervan, Pickett, bobby hill and rotating mids with pace.

Hough Gov Barrass do there thing but then crickets.

Hunt, chesser ginbey JJ should be played down back with Petch johnson brockman on wings.

Kinda telling that our Captain doesn't even rate a mention in your defensive breakdown.

Just about choked on my weeties when I saw Duggan referred to as one of our best vs Hawthorn in that "players get frank with each other" article.

I like the keep a running tally since our win vs Richmond at Optus in 2021.

We are 10-59 since then. North are 9-61 since then and they drew with GWS in the same round (it was during the bye rounds hence North have an extra game there). We went 2-7 the rest of the season and North 3-7, including beating us at home

In 2022 we had a % of 59, North 55. In 2023 we had a % of 53 And North 71. This season looked brighter until North beat us at home again and started looking competitive, coinciding with us falling into a heap again.

We've had more 100+ beltings than I care to remember during 22/23.

We are comparable to North at this point. A once proud and still strong club is at the levels of a team that should've been shipped off to GC or Tasmania years ago. My main point is, somehow we've had the same coach through all of this when most other sporting leagues would've kicked him out during 2022. I am of the thought that he should've been moved along at the end of last season even with the early improvments this season.

Please Simmo, just leave us be at the of this season.
Not likely.

Simmo is like a stain that won't come out of your clothes. He just sits there with his smug look that cries "I'm not going anywhere unless you pay me out bitches because I have a piece of paper with nizzys name on it"

He's like a cancer that requires treatment but the treatment is just as bad as the cancer and going through it will cost us and will cause trauma but it's what needs to be done.

How Simpson can look his squad in the eye…let alone the WCE members and fan base after the most laughable (non) team selection process in the club’s history is beyond understanding.

Do the right thing after this week’s flogging against Melbourne Adam…and step down.

As much as i was glad that he finished up when he did, i would like to see Worsfold and Sumich brought in for a 3 year period to stabilise the club. Like a short term care taker role. We just need somebody who can come in and get the mentality in the playing group right and get the right effort levels hapenning week in and week out. Without effort and intensity and mental discipline to start with game plans don't matter. It is really sad that we have gotten to this rock bottom place where we have to really go back to square one of having to get the players to actually try consistently but i think that that is where we are at.
Skip those two lets go straight to Mick Malthouse !!@!

he did address the texting situation, still says he is the right men for the job and in it for the long haul… managed to sneak synergy and credit into the same press conference…

He keeps saying he has given young blokes chances during the year… picking them and having the sit as the sub for three or more quarters before you put them on and dropping them the next week is not giving them an opportunity… no one pressed him on this however

Skip those two lets go straight to Mick Malthouse !!@!
Probably not Worsfold but the sentiment is there.
In the early 90's they got barrassi to go to Sydney to lay the groundwork for basic footy and build on correct foundations

We need something like that and someone like that to rebuild this club. That's how far Simpson has stripped us back to.

Probably not Worsfold but the sentiment is there.
In the early 90's they got barrassi to go to Sydney to lay the groundwork for basic footy and build on correct foundations

We need something like that and someone like that to rebuild this club. That's how far Simpson has stripped us back to.

I don't think we need to start from the ground up. We simply just need a new coach. We are not Fitzroy, we simply have not been well drilled in the footy department for some time now.

Pyle will sort off field out and a new coach comes in and just gets on with the business of being a footy coach.
We don't need some older statesman to watch over us while we dig ourselves from the grave.
We are just a bottom footy side, we just need new energy, new voices and some good recruiting. We will be then on our way back.

Now what day does Adam finish so that can all start?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How Simpson can look his squad in the eye…let alone the WCE members and fan base after the most laughable (non) team selection process in the club’s history is beyond understanding.

Do the right thing after this week’s flogging against Melbourne Adam…and step down.

He's not going to step down. He doesn't get paid out of he does that. He needs the club to fire him or negotiate a pay out.

Does anyone ever ask Simmo about the likes of Trew, Hall, Burgiel directly? Clearly Trew is not in the club's plans and is behind players who aren't getting dropped (Yeo, Reid) and Hall and Burgiel are still raw but do the media outright ask him about these players?

I give it to Simmo he's had a lot of hard media conferences and he keeps rocking up and gives the answers without getting angry or too defensive. Would be tough.

Saying that though how is it first year of a rebuild Simmo? We've been one of the worst teams in history for the last 3 and half years! Covid was 4 years ago and he's still bringing it up.

I give it to Simmo he's had a lot of hard media conferences and he keeps rocking up and gives the answers without getting angry or too defensive. Would be tough.

Saying that though how is it first year of a rebuild Simmo? We've been one of the worst teams in history for the last 3 and half years! Covid was 4 years ago and he's still bringing it up.
I haven't seen the interview but if he's saying it is the first year of the rebuild he is likely referencing the fact that this is the first year they've actually had a list to work with.

I haven't seen the interview but if he's saying it is the first year of the rebuild he is likely referencing the fact that this is the first year they've actually had a list to work with.
I watched it, he said first it was covid, then it was 2 years of injuries and this is the first year of a rebuild that doesn't happen in 16 weeks....
Sounds like a complete copout to me. Considering the injuries forced us to do a rebuild and play a bunch of kids before they were ready. Shouldn't that accelerate the rebuild not hinder it?
We were in the top 8 most experienced teams last week in both age and games played. We only had 5 or 6 players under 22 and even those players have player 20-30 games.
I'm not sure if thats even a rebuild tbh or a patchup job

bzparkes is George Colombaris confirmed
Not George but I worked with a few people who were senior chefs for him, as well as a mate of mine(food & beverage manager) who did his chef's apprenticeship at the same time he did.

The 2 senior chefs all said he was good.

My mate said when he was an apprentice in Sydney, his girlfriend at the time left him for George.

Said the joke was on him because she was a heroin addict, lol.

Ah, the 90s.....

Given last weeks complete meltdown by media and fans, then the 'text messages' media release yesterday, right or wrong, for a man under intense pressure, I reckon Simpson handled the interview with class!
(not discounting all his pros+cons, his flaws and almost complete abandonment on BF)

Last edited:
He's like a cancer that requires treatment but the treatment is just as bad as the cancer and going through it will cost us and will cause trauma but it's what needs to be done.
Folks I don’t mind what your stance is on Simmo, or anything at the club right now. Obviously we’re reprehensible as a team, and I understand people will be upset by that.

Pretty simple directive to not post shit like this. It’s football. It matters a lot to the people here, but in reality it doesn’t matter at all. Have your say - shit like this is beyond unnecessary when analysing who our footy club employs. Thanks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back