Adam Simpson new WCE coach (now to end of 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

From Norf board.

I for one would be devastated if that was to happen at this stage. Long way from that happening though.

Don't we still sponsor that team for a tax break or something?

Or is that they can only survive on handouts through us being taxed? I forget..

I'd be thinking thoughts about Rayne, personally.

Pizza or a Paella kinda thing?

There is a special place in hell for flogs that put mussels in the shell on a pizza.

I went to a Paella cooking class with the ex Mrs at Joondalup shops once.

Needless to say neither of us attempted to cook one ever.

This is what I thought. A guy with 3 years expereince and a great Powerpoint presentation over a guy who has done 10 years of the hard yards who perhaps does not have the gift of the gab.
Mark Neeld interviewed great too I am led to beleive.
very happy with the choice. Suma would have taken us in a completely different direction.

Pizza or a Paella kinda thing?

There is a special place in hell for flogs that put mussels in the shell on a pizza.
9m99Vty.png

Probably doesn't belong here but cbf starting a new thread - but I was just thinking about Le Cras: interesting career progression over the past 7-8 years. Was an absolutely dominant player for us for a while there but the rest of the side wasn't doing much. Basically couldn't do anything wrong in our forward line - would play small or tall and was ridiculously accurate on goal. Petered off slightly once JK and Darling started developing, and then kind of fell off a cliff a bit after his ACL and broken arm/s.

I feel like this year we have been able to extract the most out of him in his career - both as a forward, and an outside midfielder. 43 goals at an average of 2 goals per game, 18 disposals, 5 marks.

He's averaging more statistically in lots of categories than ever before, yet his efforts have been pretty overshadowed compared with a number of other players. It's seasons like Lecca's that have got us where we are, and it's why we're in better shape right now than we have been in 8-9 years.

It would have been easy to just leave him in the forwardline, but kudos to Simpson for using him to expand the scope of our midfield and making us a more well rounded team

Yep I agree. Whoosh always seemed a bit one or the other while Simpson has built a fluid team that for many its hard to actually say where they line up and what their job is. Lecras losing opponents in web mess playing defence to then read the play better than most and get forward is a real asset.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cue - Blues Brothers music

It's official "we are on a mission"

Reference here

A classic example of the differences between Woosha and Simmo's pressers. Woosha would have said something meaningless that gives nothing away.

On the other hand Simmo seems to have started the 'attack' on Hawthorn with his 'on a mission' comment.

Cue - Blues Brothers music

It's official "we are on a mission"

Reference here

A classic example of the differences between Woosha and Simmo's pressers. Woosha would have said something meaningless that gives nothing away.

On the other hand Simmo seems to have started the 'attack' on Hawthorn with his 'on a mission' comment.

"Where here on a mission from Simmo...er I mean God...what a silly mistake etc"

Was at the pub after the game and they had the coaches presser on the screen...the sound was off but i got the gist of it. Anyway when all the happy/drunk Eagles supporters saw his face on the screen a bit of a "Simmo...Simmo...Simmo" chant went around it was nice :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Adam Simpson new WCE coach (now to end of 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back