Opinion Adelaide Football Club to Crouch "leave"... gets unhappy when he leaves

Remove this Banner Ad

Few clubs seem really dire at the moment. I can't think of a player out of the three of those clubs that we could be better with.

North: Cunnington (match winning mid if fit), Corr (KPD), Thomas (really rate that Thomas will be an elite player with the right development)
Adelaide: Talia (KPD), Laird (Defender)
Hawthorn: Mitchell (brownlow mid), Sicily (Defender)

I’ll wait and see the full clip before passing such a strong judgement. I get what you mean, but I really don’t see this in the same way. Seems like an overreaction to a contextless snippet. I’d be surprised if neutral fans saw this as such a big issue as we seem to.
Nailed it.

Less to do with the incident and more about consistency and credibility.

Either the head is sacrosanct or its not. Deliberate act, left the ground, forceful contact to the head, player got leveled. Done deal IMO.
It's definitely an interesting view, I'm of the opinion he didn't literally chew his ear off but you could definitely make a case for it given they had to cut the film midway. Maybe that's when it happened?? :eek:

Boring, go hard or go home, no room for a sense of balance and reason.
Did Nicks leave the ground when he connected with Crouch's head or not?? That's the question.

Did Nicks leave the ground when he connected with Crouch's head or not?? That's the question.

He was better when he was in Fleetwood Mac, after all those years of doin drugs he wouldn't be able to connect his own hand to his head without falling off his chair.

Said I was out, but just had to say, saw the long version on Youtube last night.

A couple of things, Crouch is the only player or coach not in Crows gear, sat fairly relaxed, and actually didn't seem to give a flying eff what they had to say.

Absolutely no reaction at all when Nicks came across all hard man.

He was already out of there and couldn't give a toss.

Glad we didn't get Sloane when we were after him. Seems shifty, no eye contact as he throws Crouch under the bus. Reckons they have a great midfield :D.
Yeah not convinced ;)

Said I was out, but just had to say, saw the long version on Youtube last night.

A couple of things, Crouch is the only player or coach not in Crows gear, sat fairly relaxed, and actually didn't seem to give a flying eff what they had to say.

Glad we didn't get Sloane when we were after him. Seems shifty, no eye contact as he throws Crouch under the bus. Reckons they have a great midfield :D.
Yeah not convinced ;)
B.Crouch smashed R.Sloane in both 2019 and 2020 seasons for Ave Disposals,so not sure Sloane would/should be directly having a go at Brad over one poor play in a game.
And yep Crouch,out of there didn't look like he gave toss.

Yeah Crouch already checked out 100% no doubt about it.

The thing that I find incredible is that the club lets that air in that fashion. It reeks of the Riccuto hard line.

Terrible optics.

Good coaches rip players in a fashion that creates accountability and honesty. This is a flat out hatchet.

I like the Watters comparison. I can imagine him doing the same thing.

Actually I've just been over in Adelaide- heard some interesting stuff - the word over there is that the entire leadership at the Saints are pissed off and are threatening to leave unless Ratten is sacked!!!!

They've had enough - apparently stems from last year when Ratts belittled Gears last year by telling junior players his position was there to be taken - now he won't even talk to another senior player in Jake Carlisle.

They are saying that the Saints are about to implode!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s all about RESPECT, treat a person like sh*t & they will play like sh*t, treat that same person with respect & they play better.

Not that simple unfortunately. When managing people you find that some respond to hugs, some respond to shouting. There's no one size fits all approach, because we're dealing with humans. I've had people in my companies that just needed to be pushed super hard and get really blunt feedback, and the smart ones knew that about themselves and would admit it to me because they wanted to perform well.

That said, it's playing with fire to do this in a group context, because you run the risk of losing some of them.

I just hope he took Nicks' advice and remembered to pack his shoes.

Actually I've just been over in Adelaide- heard some interesting stuff - the word over there is that the entire leadership at the Saints are pissed off and are threatening to leave unless Ratten is sacked!!!!

They've had enough - apparently stems from last year when Ratts belittled Gears last year by telling junior players his position was there to be taken - now he won't even talk to another senior player in Jake Carlisle.

They’d say that just to get Crouch back for nothing. 🤭

Think they’re scraping the bottom of the barrel, which of course is better than what they normally do with those things.

So about 5-6 episodes into the series. It's a bit shit they don't cover us given the season we had.

But some thoughts on Adelaide. I think Sloane is a good guy. His heart is in the right place. Has a degree of empathy with strong drive. I'm not sold that he's a strong captain but he's a good fit for where they are.

Their coach though is a next level dumb ass. They start the series with Sloane explaining how they're not expected to do much and are rebuilding. Sloane seems to contradict this view in front of the coaches though when they are baking them, stating they have one of the best midfield.

Their coach starts to absolutely lose it as the series goes on. At one point he's begging and pleading for a player to slot a goal.

Tbh he looks under extreme pressure like he's been coaching them them 3 seasons and expected to make finals to save his job. Only problem is he's been in the seat for literally a handful of games.

Some of the other stuff is bewildering like the comments on fitness. Seems to be alot of strong talk without a lot of thought or smarts behind it.

Having said that... still don't come off nearly as bad as cogs. Who's very left field and green. Nice footage of Lenny trying to help him.

Yeah not convinced ;)
You should hear his tough guy speech about how the body always has more to give. When you think you're done that you're not done.

I'm sitting there laughing. Thinking sure mate. The body will go. But it won't as fast as you want. He wants manic pressure. Some of the guys can't deliver that due to age and where they are at. So whilst they can move and run. They can't keep up.

Telling players the body has more to give won't suddenly make them run faster.

Triple M had Slone on this morning, Slone said it was funny how it was cut and that the coaches comments were at the whole midfield group not just at Crouch

Triple M had Slone on this morning, Slone said it was funny how it was cut and that the coaches comments were at the whole midfield group not just at Crouch
That makes it worse IMO

You're telling a bloke like Sloane if he can't defend he can leave the club?

Can you imagine Watters coming in and saying that to Riewoldt

Was obvious from the beginning

That makes it worse IMO

You're telling a bloke like Sloane if he can't defend he can leave the club?

Can you imagine Watters coming in and saying that to Riewoldt
Can you imagine Ross Lyon NOT saying it if his midfield were not playing their defensive rolls at set ups and allowing opposition to win the clearances

Didn't Ratts say at his very 1st press conference If you can't kick you wont be playing ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back