Adelaide Footy Club had a gutsful of Rucci - Sanders talks with Advertiser

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah well, ends up everyone will be happy.

I look forward to never reading a bad word about the Crows again.

You’re cynical attitude towards this subject is a bit disappointing Macca19. Being a moderator of a clubs board automatically gives you a basis of credibility that other posters do not have, this comments you have made makes you sound like a TROLL.

To give this cynical attitude of yours some credibility can you provide to us some evidence that Michelangelo Rucci writes articles that could be deemed as unfair and have no factual basis to them surrounding the Port Adelaide Football Club?

Being able to provide this evidence you would instantly give your cynical attitude a lot more credibility.

It would be disappointing (and disrespectful) if the Advertiser only wrote positive articles that were directed at sycophantic fans of the Adelaide Crows. I have no problem with Michelangelo writing any negative articles as long as he can back theses article up with actual facts. If his articles were based on facts and actual events that involved the AFC, I would hope no one would have a problem but they are not.

So you don't think his obvious bias and anti-AFC is unprofessional? What a surprise.:rolleyes:

Ah Springy, your good at putting words in my mouth.

I do what most Crows supporters should do and not read his (or any) Crows articles unless the are posted on here. So I dont know the extent of this Goodwin stuff that macca23 has mentioned or much else thats gone on latley regarding Rucci. I do think sometimes he goes over board, sometimes he will attack something at the Crows just to get a reaction, but a lot of times he will criticise when the Crows DO deserve criticism and he will still get ****-canned for it. Even when he writes a positive piece about the Crows it gets howled down. But I do agree he does show his bias against the Crows too much. Thats not to say he's never written a bad word against Port. Some of his pieces about Port from 01-03 were worse than anything his written about you lot. But we desreved it at the time.

My point is that rarely - if ever - does any other reporter at the Tiser write negative articles about the Crows. So if this does go ahead, it will be interesting to see what happens when the Crows/Crows players deserve criticism and if they get it. Also, it will be interesting to see what happens here if Capel & co actually do grow the stones to criticise the Crows and if the same vitriol is spewed in their direction.

Roosterlad - If you have an issue, we'll sort it out over a beer at the SANFL some time.

My point is that rarely - if ever - does any other reporter at the Tiser write negative articles about the Crows. So if this does go ahead, it will be interesting to see what happens when the Crows/Crows players deserve criticism and if they get it. Also, it will be interesting to see what happens here if Capel & co actually do grow the stones to criticise the Crows and if the same vitriol is spewed in their direction.

Roosterlad - If you have an issue, we'll sort it out over a beer at the SANFL some time.

“one bad apple spoils the bunch”

Well Mr Rucci is one bad apples.

It was stated that Rucci met with Bill Sanders this week with Rucci taking offence with the AFC for going directly to the Editor of the Advertiser, Melvin Mansell, requesting Rucci be moved sideways and not report on the Adelaide Footy Club (presumably due to his inability to be unbiased).

As we sow, so shall we reap.....

Interesting move by the AFC and I'd love to see that happen.

I'm assuming that Rucci is an AFL accredited writer?

If so, how would an arrangement between the AFC and the Tiser affect his accreditation?

Does the Club have to go to the AFL to enforce this arrangement? Or have we gone to the AFL with our concerns already?

Macca i would have no problem with having a beer at Alberton or Prosvegas, no real issues as it is only Bigfooty and I think you would be a better reporter for the Tiser than Rucci going by your match reports on here and SAFooty. ;)

You’re cynical attitude towards this subject is a bit disappointing Macca19. Being a moderator of a clubs board automatically gives you a basis of credibility that other posters do not have, this comments you have made makes you sound like a TROLL.

To give this cynical attitude of yours some credibility can you provide to us some evidence that Michelangelo Rucci writes articles that could be deemed as unfair and have no factual basis to them surrounding the Port Adelaide Football Club?

Being able to provide this evidence you would instantly give your cynical attitude a lot more credibility.

To you and macca23:

I do agree with your opinions about Rucci. I wasnt questioning that. I do think he goes overboard, shows his bias too much and gets his facts wrong a lot of the time.

As I stated in my previous post, my point was that Rucci is the only reporter at the Advertiser that ever writes anything negative about the Crows. If he is then barred from writing about the Crows, it will be interesting to see who then steps forth and puts criticism in your direction when its warranted, because at the moment, noone else does. You look at the difference from when we lost finals to when you lost finals. We got canned by everybody. You got headlines and articles saying how proud everyone is of you. Thats why some Port supporters laugh when you guys say how pro-Port the Advetiser is. Quite simply, it isnt.

It would be disappointing (and disrespectful) if the Advertiser only wrote positive articles that were directed at sycophantic fans of the Adelaide Crows. I have no problem with Michelangelo writing any negative articles as long as he can back theses article up with actual facts. If his articles were based on facts and actual events that involved the AFC, I would hope no one would have a problem but they are not.

There have been many examples on here of either positive articles or fair critical articles that Rucci has written which have been shot down here in flames. As PerthCrow said, he should put an article from someone else here and put Ruccis name on it and watch the fireworks.

Ah Springy, your good at putting words in my mouth.

I do what most Crows supporters should do and not read his (or any) Crows articles unless the are posted on here. So I dont know the extent of this Goodwin stuff that macca23 has mentioned or much else thats gone on latley regarding Rucci. I do think sometimes he goes over board, sometimes he will attack something at the Crows just to get a reaction, but a lot of times he will criticise when the Crows DO deserve criticism and he will still get s**t-canned for it. Even when he writes a positive piece about the Crows it gets howled down. But I do agree he does show his bias against the Crows too much. Thats not to say he's never written a bad word against Port. Some of his pieces about Port from 01-03 were worse than anything his written about you lot. But we desreved it at the time.

You're kidding me right. Goers, Devlin, N Cornes, McDermott and Rucci all regularly criticise the AFC. The AFC supporting "journalists" ( Rowe, KG, Wildy, G Cornes )at least try and display some professionalism by publically showing their support for Port Power, no matter how false it may be.

The only negative criticsm you cop is the half-yearly Geoff Roach article.

Just thought I would make a point on this specifically as well.

This has to be one of the biggest untrue facts that is reguarly written on BigFooty. Rucci has many many times writen unfair, mean, rude, unfactual articles about the Port Adelaide Football Club. To say otherwise is false. He wrote many degrading articles during our finals failure years.

You're kidding me right. Goers, Devlin, N Cornes, McDermott and Rucci all regularly criticise the AFC. The AFC supporting "journalists" ( Rowe, KG, Wildy, G Cornes )at least try and display some professionalism by publically showing their support for Port Power, no matter how false it may be.

Wanna add the mailroom boy or janitor to that illustrious list?

This has to be one of the biggest untrue facts that is reguarly written on BigFooty. Rucci has many many times writen unfair, mean, rude, unfactual articles about the Port Adelaide Football Club. To say otherwise is false. He wrote many degrading articles during our finals failure years.

I think the point is though Macca is I think Rucci has really stepped it up in the past few years, I am not saying he has ever written a bad article about Port my point is that in the last 3-4 years his attacks against the AFC have intensified greatly. I just don't read the Tiser or listen to 5AA on Saturday's anymore, its not hard to do.

What three years ago.:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct. The ferrett head nickname came about after a run in with Port Coach.

However, I don't recall him getting stuck into the Port fans too often. This is where he has gone over the line with the AFC fans.

I could be wrong...but I cant recall him telling power fans to stock up on dvd's instead of saving for finals tickets cause port wont be in the finals for long.

Half the people you mention arent even football writers. Goers? Nicole Cornes?? Gimme a break. Does anybody actually read Nicole Cornes pieces? I wouldnt have thought so. Mcdermott doesnt write for the Advertiser and Devlin seems un-biased towards either our clubs.

Half the people you mention arent even football writers. Goers? Nicole Cornes?? Gimme a break. Does anybody actually read Nicole Cornes pieces? I wouldnt have thought so. Mcdermott doesnt write for the Advertiser and Devlin seems un-biased towards either our clubs.

She's an Essendon supporter.

I think the point is though Macca is I think Rucci has really stepped it up in the past few years, I am not saying he has ever written a bad article about Port my point is that in the last 3-4 years his attacks against the AFC have intensified greatly. I just don't read the Tiser or listen to 5AA on Saturday's anymore, its not hard to do.

I agree with this 100%. The past two years especially he has seemed to lose the plot a bit, which is why I dont bother reading his Crows articles.

They're all "journalists" in Adelaide's one and only daily paper.

Quite talented isn't he. Graphics Designer?
I think my favourite thing about the avatar is the hard ball gets thing. Reilly beats Salo in 1st possession, hard ball gets and clearances and DESTROYS him in tackles and 1%'s.

Back to Rucci. Port supporters, imagine Outback Jack was writing articles on the Power, that's what it's like. Did anyone hear Rucci on JJJ a year or so ago? Was one of the most disgraceful performances I've heard from someone in a long time, was one of the most hate filled spews against the Crows I'd ever heard.

Grey skies are clearing up we will have happy faces

What about the after match press coference his voice is a lot louder after we lose

things are looking up:thumbsu: :thumbsu: :D :cool:

As a long time reader but infrequent poster on this board I think it is finally time to throw in my two bobs worth.

Michaelangelo Rucci is a top flight journalist. Maybe I am missing something but I genuinely dont find his articles biased at all. He is happy to take a shot at both SA teams when it is called for. It is a journalists job to report on all issues, not just feel good stories or specials on players.

Goodwin was caught out gambling, why anyone would blame Rucci for reporting on it, as opposed to Goodwin himself for gambling in the first place is beyond me. Players gambling on a sport they are involved in is a massive issue and should be reported. Just like the Cousins story.

In my view Rucci calls it as he sees it, and plays a straight bat with the big issues. I think it is a sad enditement on a number of precious crows fans that they cant read a story about the crows that is not viewed through rose tinted glasses without getting all steamed up.

For goodness sake harden the f*** up.

If you guys could select any South Australian journalist (non Crows Supporter) to write Crows related articles/match reports who would you pick??
P.S Springy:- Goers and N. Cornes do not apply!

As a long time reader but infrequent poster on this board I think it is finally time to throw in my two bobs worth.

Michaelangelo Rucci is a top flight journalist. Maybe I am missing something but I genuinely dont find his articles biased at all. He is happy to take a shot at both SA teams when it is called for. It is a journalists job to report on all issues, not just feel good stories or specials on players.

Goodwin was caught out gambling, why anyone would blame Rucci for reporting on it, as opposed to Goodwin himself for gambling in the first place is beyond me. Players gambling on a sport they are involved in is a massive issue and should be reported. Just like the Cousins story.

In my view Rucci calls it as he sees it, and plays a straight bat with the big issues. I think it is a sad enditement on a number of precious crows fans that they cant read a story about the crows that is not viewed through rose tinted glasses without getting all steamed up.

For goodness sake harden the f*** up.

I like a man who will stick up for his son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back