Adelaide Oval - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Hearing recently that they're offering pieces of the existing turf for sale, any word on whether they're modifying the size of the playing surface itself? AO is notorious for being unusually long and narrow (measures 190m x 125m).

Yeah the western side was done when the western stand was built, and the same will be done for the eastern side.

It won't be much different, a couple of metres each side.
The before and after comparisons are huge. Apologies for the second pic, I couldn't find a birds eye view but the difference in shape is very noticeable.

AdelaideOval.jpg

079824-adelaide-oval.jpg

Pre-fab construction... spend a shit load of time getting all the foundations right and once it is... BOOM it goes up quicker than a teenage boy in an adult shop.

Alot of the stuff in that video wasn't prefab, it appeared the only pre-fab concrete that went into that were some of the outside walls.

The decks etc were all poured on site, like most commercial construction.

The before and after comparisons are huge. Apologies for the second pic, I couldn't find a birds eye view but the difference in shape is very noticeable.

AdelaideOval.jpg
If you go to google earth and change the dates of shots you can get photos over the years.
I'd do it, but I dont know how to get it from a screenshot to one of those otherwebsites so you can link it here.

fence to fence
10/3/2000 - 190m x 123m
2/10/2008 - 190m x 125m

Then going by
12/2/2012 I'd take a guess and say it'll be
185m x 133m

This pic is misleading in that the southern and western fences are brought in significantly (like 5-10m) to allow construction workers in front of the building sites. Hard to see on this pic but from the stand you can see where the southern boundary will be. Those who saw the tv camera scaffolding during the summer, it will be a couple of metres behind that. Former 191x131 dimensions will be pretty much right once construction is complete.

This pic is misleading in that the southern and western fences are brought in significantly (like 5-10m) to allow construction workers in front of the building sites. Hard to see on this pic but from the stand you can see where the southern boundary will be. Those who saw the tv camera scaffolding during the summer, it will be a couple of metres behind that. Former 191x131 dimensions will be pretty much right once construction is complete.
I wasn't comparing the length of the ground, just the width.

Where actually is the under ground car parking going to be and what the hell have they done to the Adelaide oval number 2? It's all covered with cement or something that looks like cement.

Thanks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where actually is the under ground car parking going to be and what the hell have they done to the Adelaide oval number 2? It's all covered with cement or something that looks like cement.

Thanks
Underground parking under Eastern stand.
Oval number 2 probably is being utilised as the only open flat bit of ground around. They did this during the western stand upgrade too and then they brought it back up to life.

Underground parking under Eastern stand.

:thumbsu:

Oval number 2 probably is being utilised as the only open flat bit of ground around. They did this during the western stand upgrade too and then they brought it back up to life.

Sorry for the stupid question, what are they going to use it for???

Will the redevelopment be finished by December 5?

The entire redevelopment? No

From my understanding, stage 2 will be and that includes the foot bridge and the Southern stand with be finished. Stage 3 will include the Western Stand and everything else and that should be done by March ready for the footy season.

Subiaco is 175 x 122 playing surface, fence to fence may be a bit different.
Yeah. The boundary has to be 5m in from the fence on the sides, behind the goals you get about 10m at most grounds so the us goal umpires have room to move without worrying that we'll end up in the gutter. So a 192x132 ground size would result in a 179x122 playing field approximately.

Elizabeth Oval is a bit of fun for goal umpires, there's seriously like 5 metres behind the goals. Once you're umpiring it's ok but walking down to your end at the beginning of the quarter it loooks so tight!

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide Oval - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back