Adelaide Oval - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Though why not play Power NAB games at Alberton and Crows at other SANFL grounds? Like when the Crows played Freo at Thebby the other year.

TV I guess but the round 2 or 3 game could easily be that way without a TV broadcast. I don't go to NAB games anymore because they are on TV.

The cash earned from functions will first go towards the mortgage

From that article above - ummm, what mortgage?

Does this mean, the Crows, Power and SACA have to make annual repayments to the state government? and for how long.

TV I guess but the round 2 or 3 game could easily be that way without a TV broadcast. I don't go to NAB games anymore because they are on TV.

I guess it also depends on whether the NAB Cup is staying next year or not. If it goes (and replaced with 2-3 trial matches), at least 2 of them will almost certainly be at suburban grounds (be it here or interstate grounds), with the last round likely to be at AFL stadiums.

Mmmm .....just seen photos of Adelaide Oval development

Is it just me but with all the gaps between each stand .....i suspect there will be awful problem with win tunnels between the stands affecting play??

Mmmm .....just seen photos of Adelaide Oval development

Is it just me but with all the gaps between each stand .....i suspect there will be awful problem with win tunnels between the stands affecting play??
The gaps will be filled with Big Screens. I think the breeze will be stopped a lot by them

So all this talk about scrapping the NAB cup and extending the season to 26 rounds or whatever and starting at the beginning of March to try and help the teams in the rugby states compete with rugby for fans (rugby starts at the start of March)... Does this make the agreement with the SACA all kacked up?

As I understand SACA has AO until mid-March (14th or so, could be wrong) for cricket. So if the AFL in its infinite wisdom now wants to shift the start of the season from end of March to start of March, are we going to have no home games at AO for the first few rounds every season? Seems shambolic.

So all this talk about scrapping the NAB cup and extending the season to 26 rounds or whatever and starting at the beginning of March to try and help the teams in the rugby states compete with rugby for fans (rugby starts at the start of March)... Does this make the agreement with the SACA all kacked up?

As I understand SACA has AO until mid-March (14th or so, could be wrong) for cricket. So if the AFL in its infinite wisdom now wants to shift the start of the season from end of March to start of March, are we going to have no home games at AO for the first few rounds every season? Seems shambolic.

Same issue with the MCG, SCG and the Gabba though. Adelaide Oval won't be the only one affected with an earlier start to the season.

Same issue with the MCG, SCG and the Gabba though. Adelaide Oval won't be the only one affected with an earlier start to the season.

Sure but the other states have alternate venues that can deal with the capacities required (etihad, ANZ, metricon etc). Isn't footy park gonna get stripped? Where will the much anticipated season curtain raisers be played? Glenelg and Alberton?

Sure but the other states have alternate venues that can deal with the capacities required (etihad, ANZ, metricon etc). Isn't footy park gonna get stripped? Where will the much anticipated season curtain raisers be played? Glenelg and Alberton?

According to AdelaideNow, both Crows and Port will start the first couple of rounds away, which will be made up of a couple of double header rounds.

Also, I highly doubt the Brisbane Lions will use Metricon for home games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to AdelaideNow, both Crows and Port will start the first couple of rounds away, which will be made up of a couple of double header rounds.

Also, I highly doubt the Brisbane Lions will use Metricon for home games.

Thats just rooch dribbling shit. Surely in the long run its unsatisfactory for both SA clubs to play their first few rounds of every season interstate!

Seems to me like the footy states (well, us, since Melbourne has other venues and WA don't use a criket ground for footy) are getting dudded again by Vlads megalomaniac urge to conquer the rugby states

Vlads megalomaniac urge to conquer the rugby states
That and his urge to conquer the summer months as well.
Give it 15 years and there'll be no "footy's back!" because 2 weeks after the Grand Final they'll be doing some Mickey Mouse pre-season to try and steal crowds and ratings from cricket and the A-League.

you're all getting your knickers knotted over something that isn't going to happen.

The AFL cannot access the following venues before the end of march - AO, MCG, Gabba, SCG, Skoda, Manuka and Hobart.

leaving Launie, Etihad, Sleepy Hollow, Metricon, Subi and Darwin. not playing early in the season here so Darwin is out. playing 2 games a week in perth early in the season is out, because that leaves later weeks in the season with none. Metricon and Sleepy Hollow are specific club home grounds, so at best 1 game a week. the Tassie govt wouldn't be happy having the hawks have all their games there early. leaving 5 or 6 games at Etihad. no

back on to AO, starting to take shape nicely. that southern end is well advanced.

Seems to me like the footy states (well, us, since Melbourne has other venues and WA don't use a criket ground for footy) are getting dudded again by Vlads megalomaniac urge to conquer the rugby states

As someone that lives north of the Barassi line and has to put up with throwball w***ers and constant terms like "gayfl" "fumbleball" and "beanpole parade", I hope we continue to hit them with both bloody barrells.

If the season starts earlier Shield games in Adelaide will be moved to Oval 2, and in Vic they'll upgrade another oval to house the 14 people that still give a sh*t about state cricket. Gabba won't budge (they still refuse to even entertain the notion of drop-in wickets) and the SCC will laugh derisevely at the very idea.

As someone that lives north of the Barassi line and has to put up with throwball Moos and constant terms like "gayfl" "fumbleball" and "beanpole parade", I hope we continue to hit them with both bloody barrells.

If the season starts earlier Shield games in Adelaide will be moved to Oval 2, and in Vic they'll upgrade another oval to house the 14 people that still give a sh*t about state cricket. Gabba won't budge (they still refuse to even entertain the notion of drop-in wickets) and the SCC will laugh derisevely at the very idea.

Cricket esp Test Cricket is dying a slow death in most countries and I will also in Australia

The big bash has been a financial disaster for CA and they should NEVER forget that without the millions coming in from football every year their stadiums would still be back in the 19th century.

I wonder how much of a loss Victorian cricket makes when they play Shield games in front of less than a 1000 people at the MCG or any State bodies playing other capital city "Cricket Grounds"?

you're all getting your knickers knotted over something that isn't going to happen.

The AFL cannot access the following venues before the end of march - AO, MCG, Gabba, SCG, Skoda, Manuka and Hobart.

leaving Launie, Etihad, Sleepy Hollow, Metricon, Subi and Darwin. not playing early in the season here so Darwin is out. playing 2 games a week in perth early in the season is out, because that leaves later weeks in the season with none. Metricon and Sleepy Hollow are specific club home grounds, so at best 1 game a week. the Tassie govt wouldn't be happy having the hawks have all their games there early. leaving 5 or 6 games at Etihad. no

back on to AO, starting to take shape nicely. that southern end is well advanced.
It's a shit idea aimed at getting money and benefitting four clubs.

It's going to happen.

Actually not necessarily true, they can access it if its released/not required by Cricket. The MCG and Adelaide Oval arrangements give first preference to cricket, not a ban on football.

As someone that lives north of the Barassi line and has to put up with throwball Moos and constant terms like "gayfl" "fumbleball" and "beanpole parade", I hope we continue to hit them with both bloody barrells.

That first paragraph is pure gold. "Throwball moos", love it.

Isn't Shield (Pura Cup) and Ryobi Cup games for the Red backs moving to Glenelg oval? And international cricket s finished in Adelaide by Australia Day.

The only issue would be the RedBacks making the shield or Ryobi final and that would then be plated at the Adelaide oval.

Isn't Shield (Pura Cup) and Ryobi Cup games for the Red backs moving to Glenelg oval? And international cricket s finished in Adelaide by Australia Day.

The only issue would be the RedBacks making the shield or Ryobi final and that would then be plated at the Adelaide oval.
Glenelg Oval is being prepared as an ALTERNATE venue. So that there is a viable alternate in Adelaide. Coz currently there isn't one. Bit like Vic using a few other ground than the MCG for some games. Most/all cricket will stay at AO but really, would you have U2 playing the Entertainment Centre instead of AO because there's nowhere else to play a shield game?

Thats just rooch dribbling shit. Surely in the long run its unsatisfactory for both SA clubs to play their first few rounds of every season interstate!

So you're suggesting that the AFL shouldn't do what it wants to do because in Adelaide, football is getting shifted because a sport that will draw about 500 people is using the major stadium?

Irrespective of whether you think it's a good idea, that's no reason not to do it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide Oval - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back