Adelaide Oval - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

That photo just gave me a thought. What would AFL be like if in the middle of the ground there was a really high grass/dirt hill that was really hard to get over (in that it takes players at least 20 seconds to get over and it is quite hard).

That photo just gave me a thought. What would AFL be like if in the middle of the ground there was a really high grass/dirt hill that was really hard to get over (in that it takes players at least 20 seconds to get over and it is quite hard).

Just watch any game at AAMI Stadium and you will find out.

Like Tough "Mudder Footy"?

No one's stopping you finding a field somewhere and designing this oval........

1st AFL game at AO will be a showdown, Round 1, very likely Friday night.

host club. TBA.

Vlads take

Demetriou said he would not weigh in on that decision.
"I'm not going to be here to toss the coin to see who's going to get the home game because I like my life and I'll leave others to do that task," he said.
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/cl...at-adelaide-oval/story-fnelctok-1226633435584
Pissweak, Vlad. It doesn't mean much in the scheme of the AFL, but as the head of an organisation, fixturing and milestones are something you should be involved in. And you are. But a tough decision...

Port v GWS at the worst timeslot of the weekend would still get a fll house for the opening of the new stadium. Why waste a showdown on it, let alone a Friday night showdown?
Becuase the Adelaide / Port supporters are always complaining about being ignore, everything for the vics, wah wah wah wah.

The AFL are giving Adelaide a landmark game and you still complain.

Its a landmark game, be happy the AFL are prepared to give up a potentially massive rating game for a game that few people outside adelaide give a toss about

Port v GWS at the worst timeslot of the weekend would still get a fll house for the opening of the new stadium. Why waste a showdown on it, let alone a Friday night showdown?
Hey?

I know I'd rather a Derby to kick off the stadium (or end Subiaco's tenure). I'd rather two big events at once than one. You'll only see one first footy game at Adelaide Oval.

Great people now want to turn AFL into It's a Knockout. ;)

1st AFL game at AO will be a showdown, Round 1, very likely Friday night.

host club. TBA.

Vlads take

Demetriou said he would not weigh in on that decision.
"I'm not going to be here to toss the coin to see who's going to get the home game because I like my life and I'll leave others to do that task," he said.
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/cl...at-adelaide-oval/story-fnelctok-1226633435584

IMO they should make both games during the year "neutral" with both team sharing the profits. Been mentioned before, but thinking OTToH here:

1st game:
- 50% Crows members get 1st access... so around 25k get 1st access (say from Monday - Wednesday leading in).
- 50% Port members get 1st access... as around 20k get 1st access (say from Monday - Wednesday leading in).
- Remaining tickets (around 5k) to general admission (Thursday - Friday).

2nd game:
- Remaining Crows members who missed out on 1st game... around 25k.
- Remaining Port members who missed out on 1st game... around 20k
- Remaining to general admission.

Perhaps have no reserved seats... all general seating on the day.

IMO they should make both games during the year "neutral" with both team sharing the profits. Been mentioned before, but thinking OTToH here:

1st game:
- 50% Crows members get 1st access... so around 25k get 1st access (say from Monday - Wednesday leading in).
- 50% Port members get 1st access... as around 20k get 1st access (say from Monday - Wednesday leading in).

2nd game:

good idea. imagine the bitching tho.

1st game:

2nd game:

This is the best idea put forward so far and IMO - this is the way all showdown tickets should be sold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1st game:

2nd game:

Good idea, but it would never work. Both set of members have allocated seats and this would become a nightmare trying to move them to other seats they pay for.

Good idea, but it would never work. Both set of members have allocated seats and this would become a nightmare trying to move them to other seats they pay for.

Not really. The clubs don't add the showdown game to there membership package that year and everyone with a club membership, buys tickets 2 weeks prior to the round 1 clash in the same was as they do for a final.

For that showdown, no one had ownership of that seat.

1st game:

2nd game:

Great idea, but given the amount of complaining Crows members do because they have to buy finals tickets or NAB Cup tickets, I can't see them doing this without complaining about having to pay to go to a Showdown or not being able to sit in their regular seat.

You walk to AAMI, you wank tot he SCG, just feels 'meh'
But you go by the Eastern Stand and look at the Southern at Adelaide Oval, it just feels impressive. Just had that auror about it.

You walk to AAMI, you wank tot he SCG, just feels 'meh'
But you go by the Eastern Stand and look at the Southern at Adelaide Oval, it just feels impressive. Just had that auror about it.
I classify myself as a stadium nerd but even I don't wank to the SCG...

Are they going to play the NAB Cup here? I'd rather they keep the unveiling for footy for round 1...
They can't because of cricket. Pretty much same cricket and footy windows as MCG. So NAB Cup in the next few years will be at AAMI...and even when/if they reduce the capacity to a large-ish suburban ground it will be big enough for all NAB Cup clashes except the Grand Final.
Though why not play Power NAB games at Alberton and Crows at other SANFL grounds? Like when the Crows played Freo at Thebby the other year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide Oval - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back