Adelaide Oval - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Somewhere around March 20th is the official handover.

March 24 is the date I heard. It stuck in my mind cos that's my 55th birthday.

6916 there yesterday.....must be the biggest crowd to 1 day of a shield game for decades.

Biggest since the Shield final of 95/96

esu6u2ur.jpg

urubamam.jpg

Is that big roof the members wing for the footy?

Reserved Seating options have come out for the Western Stand.

The good news is the reserved seating options are quite minimal, with plenty of good open choice seating available, with Level 4 the only area that is completely reserved.

http://adelaideoval.com.au/98/western-stand-reserved-seating.aspx?camefrom=EMCL_170870_9105806

Given that the reason I took up Essential Crows ticket was to NOT have a reserved seat and sit around the same dickheads year-in, year-out, I won't be touching the reserved seating options.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahaha I remember going to the cricket back in those days and seeing people with deck chairs whilst we used to sit on the old concrete steps!

Yeah, so do I and it wasn't that long ago. Not like 30 years but like 10.

Adelaide oval has had massive changes over the past decade or so.

Ohhh there's no doubt about it! It's hard to believe this has happened so quickly?? I mean the oval still pretty much looked like that top photo in 2007! It only feels like yesterday!

Ha ha tell me about it.

It only feels like yesterday that the Crows started and that was 22 years ago.

As much as many thought there was danger in transforming a historic ground (my favourite cricket ground in Australia, as hard as that is to admit for an MCC member), the redevelopment still retains a lot of charm and looks like a great place to play cricket at.
Hopefully I can get over for a Test or a Bulldogs match in the next year or two.

adelaideoval113sx2.jpg

The way I remember Adelaide oval, Creswell Stand, terraces.

Really looks nothing special from this angle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide Oval - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back