Unofficial Preview Adelaide v Richmond - Grand Final Pre-Game/Banter Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good result today... Richmond had to work very hard for the first half and a bit and again lift late. The great thing for the Crows is the hype around Richmond. The media intensity etc. And distractions. Cotchin MRP. Martins Brownlow could be a distraction? And if KB wants to start a fight over the jumper then go for it :) Let the games begin!!

I hope Richmond make a big deal out of the jumper. It's a distraction and the more time and energy they waste on it, the better.

On Cotchin, I feel for the bloke, but he has to be suspended for that, when you consider the fines already hanging over his head. I know Richmond fans will hate it, and we'd hate it if it happened to us, but the AFL can't sweep this under the carpet.
You live in fairyland if you think they will suspend Cotchin.

Cotchin must miss the GF. It will be interesting to see how the VFL handles this.

That one's easy. "The video evidence was inconclusive." Bookmark it.

Also with Ellis, who got Whitfield flush on the chin with the point of his shoulder. That was a week or two early in the year. Won't even be looked at.

I like Richmond, my old team before 1991 but it surely is ours to lose. Richmond have got a good level of intensity but their skills and system of ball movement doesn't seem the same level as ours when we bring our A game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus Christ. Am I on my own here. Even Victorian's are saying Cotchin to get suspended? What am I missing? He attacked the ball, arms didnt seem to extend. There was an impact which looked like Cotchin's shoulder made high contact. But he was in the act of winning the ball. Two players coming together wasnt it?

Are you guys serious when you think he will miss? I will take it, but I would be absolutely livid if one of ours missed for that. Surely not.

Or is this fuss about the contact with Hopper that they conviniently failed to show the replay?

Jesus Christ. Am I on my own here. Even Victorian's are saying Cotchin to get suspended? What am I missing? He attacked the ball, arms didnt seem to extend. There was an impact which looked like Cotchin's shoulder made high contact. But he was in the act of winning the ball. Two players coming together wasnt it?

Are you guys serious when you think he will miss? I will take it, but I would be absolutely livid if one of ours missed for that. Surely not.

Or is this fuss about the contact with Hopper that they conviniently failed to show the replay?
the precedent has been set, you concuss someone and you're in trouble.

I'd be the first one to say that the system they've put in place is screwed mind you...

Nah I agree, I didn't think there was much in it. He won't get games.

I think most of the Cotchin talk will centre around the result and not the action.

Personally I didnt think much of it but who knows. Its Lotto time
and so it should, because that's what its been about all year.

I don't necessarily agree with it either, but that's the corner the AFL have painted themselves into.

I Have no ill will towards Richmond. Happy to see both clubs taste some level of success and slug it out for the cup.

Really admired dustys yr. under difficult circumstances. Dimma seems like a good bloke, fans are fanatical. Add in some interstate rivalry all in good fun.

What more could you ask for going in to a gf?

We got the home guernsey
Will matter nought if we don't get the cup.

Let's not get sucked in to worrying about minor victories that men nothing. Might have been KBs master plan. Or I'm just giving him to much credit and he is the senile old fool that he appears to be.

the precedent has been set, you concuss someone and you're in trouble.

I'd be the first one to say that the system they've put in place is screwed mind you...

But you have to be negligent dont you? He dived on the ball. Both players were low. I could understand if he attempted to bump or tackle and that resulted in a concussion. But going in low and hard for the ball and then contact as a result of that. Surely its an unfortunate football incident?

I will take it, but I would be shocked if any player got done for that.

Due to a couple of gut punches earlier on the year he is right on the edge. If the tribunal/MRP finding was a fine that means he misses a week. Based on precedents set by other incidents this year he should miss the GF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back