Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The only way I think they get rid of Ken is if behind the scenes they bring in a name coach like Buckley. But the list is pure trash. They have a good base 10-15 senior players then the rest of the 22 are made up from mediocrity and then the list beyond that is hot garbage, worse than the crows 2020 list in every way. A coach would need to come in and be willing to take the hit to rebuild the list. They have no draft picks this year which means the list is going to look pretty much the same. Would any experienced coach take on a side that needs to have an 80% rebuild. This is why I think Ken will stay. They will move him on next year though.

I don’t think they could afford Buckley if they are having to pay out Ken’s contract.

Now is the time for their amazing superstar list management team to shine 😛

What do they do with Esava going forward?

He's on very good money.

Back to defence?

I don't think there's anything you can do with him, he's garbage.

I heard he got a four year deal too.

They traded their first this year to get the draft capital to trade for Soldo and Ratugolea.

One's a dud and the other is asking for a trade back to Victoria 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yes, there is a bit of scepticism (I don’t spend much time there), just had a quick read. Many desperately hoping it’s true also.
I’m sure that poster posted on our board a while ago when the Ken to WCE “rumour” commenced.
Whether he is genuinely in the know, no idea
I just can't see Pyke appointing a coach who was his bitch.....

So basically, Port finishes second (largely thanks to a very generous draw) and had home ground advantage.
They then got spanked.
Then they beat the team that finished 7th in a close game where the Hawks had multiple chances to win it.
They then got spanked again.

Yeh they really weren’t even close.

So basically, Port finishes second (largely thanks to a very generous draw) and had home ground advantage.
They then got spanked.
Then they beat the team that finished 7th in a close game where the Hawks had multiple chances to win it.
They then got spanked again.

Yeh they really weren’t even close.
Shhhh don’t tell them that - they’ll sack Ken!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back