Preview Changes Rd 4 vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm pretty sure Parnell will bring greater strength in the contest against Melbourne than some of Brodie Smith's recent "efforts"
Thought Brodie was decent in his 250th, certainly a step in the right direction. Surely no one could question Brodie in the contest throughout his career and even this year. His kicking is what seemed to desert him over the first couple of rounds, but was better against Freo.

Thought Brodie was decent in his 250th, certainly a step in the right direction. Surely no one could question Brodie in the contest throughout his career and even this year. His kicking is what seemed to desert him over the first couple of rounds, but was better against Freo.

Blighty just took the piss out of the 2024 Crows on The Front Bar. Loved it.
They asked him what the trouble with the Crows is now.
He said (paraphrasing) footy's a game where you kick to your teammate. The Crows are not kicking to their teammates.

(it was funnier on TV :drunk:)
It's really is almost this simple. I watched the game again today and couldn't get over how bad we were skills wise. It might be the worst I've ever seen it. Our best plays still included a dropped mark or simple fumble along the way. We're barely giving ourselves a chance to get a game plan going in the first place.

There was a moment where one of our players got a free kick on the back flank. The ball spilled out to Chayce Jones who was about 5 meters away from the player who got the free. Jones picked it up the ball and from 5 meters away handballed it to the player's feet. They of course double grabbed and lost a second to move the ball on quickly. Really summed up the game and our season.

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Honestly, i'm not surprised at the changes. Ultimate Nicks reaction for PR

Im glad to see Cook, Nankervis and Parnell but this was a prime opportunity to unveil one or two of Dowling, Curtin and Edwards.

There is a selection pattern we saw last year that is showing signs already of rearing its head. That is Berry, Sholl, Schoenberg, McHenry appear to be Nicks go to players to punish at selection for a loss. Where as we have a golden ticket squad that can't do no wrong. All three of the players selected today were also ultimately removed from the side as soon as Nicks could excuse it.

Nankervis dropped after a loss
Cook dropped after a loss
Parnell dropped after a win two weeks after his 25 disposal game and banished to Sanfl for last half of season.

My selection prediction for the coming few weeks.

Berry, Sholl, McHenry, Nankervis, Cook, Parnell and our debutants will rotate through the side regardless of win / loss, Murphy and Sloane will immediately come back in when fit. The Golden Ticket squad will remain untouched regardless of form.

He said (paraphrasing) footy's a game where you kick to your teammate. The Crows are not kicking to their teammates.

There were a couple of other subtle digs. He mentioned what was one of the special things about the 1997 team was that it had so many young players (under 22). Maybe our club could get the hint?

Or the one at the end that everyone loves to see someone kick a goal.

He didn't need to outright say that Nicks current game plan is a timid, negative, gigantic turd. Those grabs were enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You missed the punchline

He said the coach talks a lot about connection. Back in his day, the coach said kick it to your team mate. He thinks the Crows problems are they aren't kicking it to their team mates.

I hope Nicks was watching. Arrogant prick though probably thinks he's a better coach than Blighty.

I honestly can’t believe we selected Berry again and over Dowling

I don't have a problem with that selection. He is a good player. Just needs to be given a run of games. Dropping a player in and out of the side does nothing for their form. The key to finding a player out is to give them 3-5 games to see if they can build a consistent game. One game where we were flogged all over the park by Geelong that was so not Berry's fault is a bit tough. Its the same with Sholl. He was never the answer, yet we pr'd his selection like it was the winning ticket and when it failed we drop him? give me a spell. The rest of the side including half the golden ticket squad have played 3 really beyond poor games that a rookie would have been dropped for. Yet we blame the wrong people at selection.

He was basically quoting Nicks.

I don't have a problem with that selection. He is a good player. Just needs to be given a run of games. Dropping a player in and out of the side does nothing for their form. The key to finding a player out is to give them 3-5 games to see if they can build a consistent game. One game where we were flogged all over the park by Geelong that was so not Berry's fault is a bit tough. Its the same with Sholl. He was never the answer, yet we pr'd his selection like it was the winning ticket and when it failed we drop him? give me a spell. The rest of the side including half the golden ticket squad have played 3 really beyond poor games that a rookie would have been dropped for. Yet we blame the wrong people at selection.
Nah. He’s an average player with average disposal, at a time where we need to improve our ball movement and connection and trying to improve our midfield mix, he’s the last player we should have brought in.

There’s also a reason we subbed him out and then dropped him, he sucked. So what’s he done in his week off to earn a recall?

Nah. He’s an average player with average disposal, at a time where we need to improve our ball movement and connection and trying to improve our midfield mix, he’s the last player we should have brought in.

There’s also a reason we subbed him out and then dropped him, he sucked. So what’s he done in his week off to earn a recall?

What did any of the players in the best 22 last week do to stay in the side? I would say he played better against Geelong than at least 10 players did against Fremantle.

Nank - good
Butts - understandable
Cook - do. not. understand. Dowling was a billion times better last week, and should be taking the Laird role, with Laird in a back pocket
Parnell- this has some logic, like 1 per cent logic…
Berry - must have been amazing to get that form back on the flight from Perth/ running laps of Optus stadium.

Honestly, how does Dowling not play? Like he is in form, a larger size mid..has shown he can ice a game in the last few minutes…what more does he have to do?
Bez - Would you care for a pillow for that Big Brainium of yours Mr Matthew Sir?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back