List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very different.

Del santo was out of contract, with a clause that would opt in an extension.

Ryder is in contract, and somehow consenting to tear up his contract gives him free agent rights and Essendon the right for compensation? Why?
Just like a contract extension where both club and player can agree to extend the term of the contract, both club and player can agree to shorten the term of the contract also (to 1 day if they want to). This aspect I have no problem with.

What I am concerned with is the concept of doing a secondary deal to even up the value. Why does this second deal exist? Only to try and manipulate the rules. This is blatant draft tampering.

Grimley is rather inconsistent. He had some great games for Box Hill but also many very poor games. Too big a difference between his best and worst to command a spot at the hawks. Looking at his stats, he had about 50 hit outs for the year including two lots of 13 where it looks like he spent some time in the ruck. If you check out here, you'll see he only made the best players twice, but Box Hill were a very good team this year.

http://maps.sportingpulse.com/team_...=192155803&client=1-118-10469-294689-20320228
Thanks for the rundown. In your opinion, would Lowden be a better option for us to chase?

It's unlikely Sydney will use pick 39 or GWS use pick 43 in the draft due to the number of academy players they are already committed to. So I expect they will be likely to use these in a trade.

Sydney Pick 22 <=> St. Kilda Tim Membrey + 39

I'm pretty excited by the possibility of bringing in either Grimley or Lowden. I don't see them as back up players, I honestly think that either of them could push Jenkins or play along side him.

Ridiculous athlete with a basketball background, had only played a few games of footy when drafted. Despite ages on the list he still has a lot to learn. Frankly he kicked a lot of those goals just because he was too tall and fast for most VFL defenders, he wouldn't do it in the AFL. His best is very good, but his worst is pathetic, and you see that way too often. If you could shrink the gaps between his best and worst you might have a player, but it's a gamble.

Has shown more as a forward than when trying to ruck.

Thanks for that mate. Doesn't really fit the bill, as we are more in need of a genuine ruck as back up for Jacobs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do they keep convincing opposition teams to trade quality players for average picks?

O'Rourke has shown two fifths of **** all at AFL level thus far. Looking like a bit of a bust at pick 2. That said, he'll probably turn into an absolute gun now Hawthorn have got a hold of him.

I cant believe the rest of the comp could pay for the Paddy ryder trade.

Typical bullshit from the AFL

exactly and if the AFL allow it they are kowtowing to Essendon, they cannot even claim separate matters as Ryder is leaving Essendon because of concerns of the supplements program. Essendon either trade him or lose him for nothing, Port must be loving it they cannot lose either way.

CONFIRMED
Hawthorn: Jono O'Rourke + 43
GWS: 19 + 40

As I said, GWS offload pick 43. I expect they will try to do the same with pick 40. For example:

Adel: Giles + 40
GWS: 31

Is it wrong that after each day I am disappointed that we appear to have done nothing.??

I usually go straight to the AFL website and I look for something about the Crows but nothing is there yet it appears that all the other clubs have their finger in the pie. Lets hope that its all about to happen for us.

After missing out on youth thanks to Tippettgate in the previous years the club needs to be stocking up on kids this year otherwise we will be paying for it in 8- 10 years

Thanks for the rundown. In your opinion, would Lowden be a better option for us to chase?
Lowden is an interesting one. He's been on the list for what, 7 years? Something like that. But was taken as a 2m+ tall, very skinny bottom ager. Has finally put some size on and is starting to throw that size around, yet is still very fast and agile for a 2.05m+ player. He gets millions of hitouts at VFL level where he is a foot taller than everyone, but to be honest he doesn't really hit them to the right places yet. He must have been close to being delisted at the end of last year but has improved enormously this year. I would be really disappointed if we lost him now, still lots of work to do, but enormous upside. Definitely a better ruck target than Grimley. You wouldn't want him as your number 1 ruck though.

I'd really like Elbows Merrett in our side in 2015.

I reckon Phil would like having him in there too.

JC's name is being thrown around speculatively on trade radio this morning...for a trade to the Bulldogs....both the muppets saying that WB would have to give up their first pick plus at least two players. Redhorse has been very sure something is still in the works, but just can't see how it can happen. Just thought it was interesting the JC's name has been thrown around for the first time.

Lowden is an interesting one. He's been on the list for what, 7 years? Something like that. But was taken as a 2m+ tall, very skinny bottom ager. Has finally put some size on and is starting to throw that size around, yet is still very fast and agile for a 2.05m+ player. He gets millions of hitouts at VFL level where he is a foot taller than everyone, but to be honest he doesn't really hit them to the right places yet. He must have been close to being delisted at the end of last year but has improved enormously this year. I would be really disappointed if we lost him now, still lots of work to do, but enormous upside. Definitely a better ruck target than Grimley. You wouldn't want him as your number 1 ruck though.
Thanks, there's been a fair bit of love for Lowden on this board, so it's good to have perspective.

Obviously we will have Jacobs as our #1 ruck, and are in need of a back up. I think Giles is still probably the best option to be our back up number #1

CONFIRMED
Hawthorn: Jono O'Rourke + 43
GWS: 19 + 40

As I said, GWS offload pick 43. I expect they will try to do the same with pick 40. For example:

Adel: Giles + 40
GWS: 31
Would rather keep 31. Our pick 50 for Giles (if we want him) should get the job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back