List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think our first round pick + Lyons for Melbourne's second round pick and Toumpas is pretty fair for both parties. I would definitely do that trade.
Noooooooo!!!

No way is our 1st round draft pick on the table this year for Toumpas, who whatever way you look at at this stage is a "gunna" player performing way below earlier expectations ......FFS after all the crap written on this board about Trigg, The Admin etc costing us dearly with the draft sanctions over the last couple of years and the damage it has done to our list now we have supporters suggesting our 1st "live" pick this year would be somewhere in the vicinity of 23 - 25...forget it. What pick was it again the Powa gave up for Polec, a player in a very similar situation to Toumpas re earlier expectations???

I don't see how trading down our first pick for Toumpas adds to the damage from our draft sanctions. Toumpas came from the 2012 draft which is the only draft in which we didn't have a first or second round pick. We would have 2 second round picks this year so we should still be able to get at least 2 quality players. I think if anything it helps the situation. In general am not for trading our first pick away but if it brings in a quality player from the 2012/13 drafts I am OK with it.

I don't see how trading down our first pick for Toumpas adds to the damage from our draft sanctions. Toumpas came from the 2012 draft which is the only draft in which we didn't have a first or second round pick. We would have 2 second round picks this year so we should still be able to get at least 2 quality players. I think if anything it helps the situation. In general am not for trading our first pick away but if it brings in a quality player from the 2012/13 drafts I am OK with it.

Mmm let me think.
Maybe because we dont get a first round pick this year (for the 3rd year straight)
All it does is put us 2 years behind on another young player.

Mmm let me think.
Maybe because we dont get a first round pick this year (for the 3rd year straight)
All it does is put us 2 years behind on another young player.

It does move our "no talented young kids" from the 2012&13 drafts to the 2013&2014 drafts though.

A former 1st round draft pick who CAN'T get a game at Melbourne is "quality".....WOW...

At best he was considered 'quality' when drafted, fact is a lot of that "gloss" is now but a distant memory...

I think people get way too hung up on the draft penalties. When you look at the quality youth on our list, and what we have managed to pick up over the last few years, I think we're in pretty good shape. The draft is, and always will be, a gamble.

Those not willing to consider having Davis back are deluded. He is clearly in the top 5 of the next generation of key defenders coming through and a partnership with Talia would set us up for the next six or seven years. When you factor in what we got for him (Crouch, Brown - two proven AFL standard young players) - to get him back fairly cheaply would be an amazing get.

If we can get our hands on Toumpas for Lyons and a swap of picks, that's a must do. Dimi has had a very interrupted start to his career and is stuck at a club which has been proven to struggle with developing talent. His outside skill was elite at a junior level, he's worth a gamble - especially if all we are paying is a bloke who can't get a decent crack at it because we're saturated with inside mids.

Get Davis, Toumpas and move down the draft order a little. Hopefully, Weller is there with out first selection and we can either turn him into something decent or use him as trade bait to get James Aish home next year.

EDIT:

Forgot to mention Ben Kennedy. If we're creative with our pick swapping - getting him for an early second rounder is doable especially if he wants to come home.

If our offseason looks like this, we've killed it:

In: Weller, Toumpas, Kennedy, Davis, Development Rookie Ruck, Cameron Upgrade
Out: First - Fourth Round Selections, Lyons, Luke Thompson, one of Otten/Jaensch/Martin.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A former 1st round draft pick who CAN'T get a game at Melbourne is "quality".....WOW...

At best he was considered 'quality' when drafted, fact is a lot of that "gloss" is now but a distant memory...
Polec was also a former 1st round pick who couldn't get games at Brisbane who has looked a hell of a lot better since joining the Port list.

thoughts on crows going for (jack) trengove in the off season? not sure we need him especially with his injuries..

I wouldn't be so quick to write him off. He is an outside mid in a struggling side playing in only his second season.

Apparently that 5aa 'whispers' rumor guy just said Jeremy Cameron to the crows is a real possibility. Would be one of our best ever trades if we got it done.

Would seriously give up no 1 pick to get him.

If it's true Tex , Cameron , Betts , Lynch , Jenkins <3

S
Apparently that 5aa 'whispers' rumor guy just said Jeremy Cameron to the crows is a real possibility. Would be one of our best ever trades if we got it done.

Would seriously give up no 1 pick to get him.
So Davis + Cameron for 1st rounder + McKernan?

GWS making out like bandits there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back