AFL 2006 Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

remind said:
Hi all. here is a argurment for the people at I R G to think about.
If there is a market for V8 supercars large enough that it's designer / publisher feel a PC, ps2 and Xbox version is worth it and is bought out at the same time and in time for the new season, then surely AFL can be as well!!:

Unfortunately it isnt IRG's decision. Its a Sony decision.

Borgsta said:
Dont be so narrow minded. Its a disappointed for everyone who doesnt have a PS2. A lot of PC gamers will be upset too. Its a stupid decision and I hope it fails on Sony's part.

Agree entirely. Just stating that I don't like the X-box. Hell, I wont even like Sony when Nintendo's (wait for it................) Wii (hahahahahahah...aaahhh) comes out.

Off Topic, but have you guys seen the previews for it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO64iAUsX-k&search=wii

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgnXTnEJKq0&search=wii

Borgsta said:
Unfortunately it isnt IRG's decision. Its a Sony decision.
Actually would it not be the Australian Football leagues decision!!

AFL holds the licensing for all the 16 teams jumpers, logos ( except club sponsors) the club songs, etc,
Do you have any EA games, e.g Cricket 2005 Have a look at the licecing permissions page that comes up during game loading.
The ECB, ACB etc are all shown.

If they ever do realise a next version and I seriously doubt it will be July 2006 based on what happened last year, I hope they stop making it so windy at the MCG as Christie always says it, well 99 out of 100 times and even at Docklands, where it should not be windy at all.
And another thing, big change for 2007 maybe, Maybe no Commetti on Channel 7 broadcast team next year! Back to Mr Special!

Rooboy2 said:
Actually would it not be the Australian Football leagues decision!!

AFL holds the licensing for all the 16 teams jumpers, logos ( except club sponsors) the club songs, etc,
Do you have any EA games, e.g Cricket 2005 Have a look at the licecing permissions page that comes up during game loading.
The ECB, ACB etc are all shown.

But Sony have bought the rights to it so they have the right to allow others to have it ATM. You are correct though, the AFL had the original decision.

AFL Premiership 2006 update

New images and more information on the game revealed.
We know that we promised an overview of AFL Premiership 2006 a few weeks ago, but we've only just been handed some extra information on the game from Sony. The game is currently set for release in July and we hear it is coming along nicely.

AFL Premiership 2006 will include updated stadium designs, as well as an opportunity to step into the coaches boots, with the option to make post season adjustments to teams. It will also be easier to spot the superstar players on field.

The game will allow players to play through the Wizard Cup, a full premiership season and a finals season. There will also be a career mode that allows the user to play multiple seasons with full draft, trading and player development.

Mission and training modes will once again be included. Sony have even been kind enough to send through the latest images of the game. In another bout of good news the game will retail for less than the standard RRP. We'll have more information on AFL Premiersip 2006 shortly.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: http://www.palgn.net/article.php?title=AFL+Premiership+2006+update&id=4689&

Why do they always make a big deal about the "stadium designs"? They seem to spend all their resources on making places like Skilled Stadium look exactly as :D:D:D:D as they are, rather than spending their time and money improving the shocking gameplay.

Has FH told us yet whether the names of the players available in the draft will be real names, or like AFL 2005 will they again be "mix-and-match" names like... Barry O'Loughlin, Nathan Koutoufides, Andrew Ricciuto etc...

I hope like anything they have a database of non-AFL names to use for potential draftees. :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

otis_david said:
Why do they always make a big deal about the "stadium designs"? They seem to spend all their resources on making places like Skilled Stadium look exactly as :D:D:D:D as they are, rather than spending their time and money improving the shocking gameplay.

That has been the mentality on previous titles but this time around the majority of development time has been spent on gameplay. You WILL notice this...

We figure the stadiums are as good as they will get when you consider the tech and the budgets allocated to us.

luke2177 said:
Has FH told us yet whether the names of the players available in the draft will be real names, or like AFL 2005 will they again be "mix-and-match" names like... Barry O'Loughlin, Nathan Koutoufides, Andrew Ricciuto etc...

I hope like anything they have a database of non-AFL names to use for potential draftees. :cool:

You'll still get those names but we have added a heap of generic surnames and first names into the mix. My name is in there so I enjoy seeing it at draft time. My hope is to have a full side sharing my surname! :p

otis_david said:

Better facilities bring out more fans, more consistantly, more fans means more money, more money means more available funds to purchase big name players.
Why does this seem common sense to me. Happens all the time in the NFL.

Vick>Footy said:
Better facilities bring out more fans, more consistantly, more fans means more money, more money means more available funds to purchase big name players.
Why does this seem common sense to me. Happens all the time in the NFL.

But he is talking about a computer game, not real life.

Borgsta said:
But he is talking about a computer game, not real life.

No franchise mode?
Madden has a franchise mode in which you can adjust ticket, merchandise, food prices, and modify or build a new stadium.
This adjust how many fans are coming to the games and how much money you earned at the end of the season to use to get new players, rookies, or renew contracts.

Vick>Footy said:
No franchise mode?
Madden has a franchise mode in which you can adjust ticket, merchandise, food prices, and modify or build a new stadium.
This adjust how many fans are coming to the games and how much money you earned at the end of the season to use to get new players, rookies, or renew contracts.

That would be sweet for an AFL game, but they aren't that advanced yet, no offense FH hehe

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2006 Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back